Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 JOY- John Woo and Chow Yun Fat team up again
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
JOY- John Woo and Chow Yun Fat team up again - Aug 19, 2004 01:39
This combo hardly ever fails :)

All FilmStew.com Movie News
Woo Teams with Chow
Wednesday August 18 12:52 PM ET

John Woo set to direct his first Chinese-language film in twelve years.

By Lisa Johnson, FilmStew.com

Helmer John Woo is going back to his roots, developing his first Chinese-language film in a dozen years. Award-winning actor Chow Yun-Fat has already been offered the starring role in the project, currently titled The War of the Red Cliff.

Production on the film, however, won' t begin until 2006. Woo and Chow haven' t worked together since the 1992 classic Hard-Boiled. Woo and Terence Chang' s Lion Rock Productions will work together with Beijing' s Poly-Asia Union (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) to produce the project.

The plot for The War of the Red Cliff is taken from historical events that occurred in China 1,700 years ago and from a chapter in the popular novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Nearly 600 years after its publication, the book is still popular in China.

The project has already passed the first phase of Chinese censorship approval and received a production license from the Film Bureau. If all goes as planned, The War of the Red Cliff will be the most expensive film in mainland Chinese cinema history, with a budget of about $36 million, which goes a long way in China.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: JOY- John Woo and Chow Yun Fat team up again - Aug 19, 2004 15:23
Interesting....this is worth keeping track of. Thanks for the info.
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: JOY- John Woo and Chow Yun Fat team up again - Aug 24, 2004 15:32
that is going to be cool BUT. the reason the movies are cool is the fact that they are campy shoot-um-ups. the fact that they might make anoter hard-boiled type movie might not be the best thing to do. but i would see it because i LOVE those type of movies. just because i saw Hard boiled, A Better Towarrow,and part 2 does not mean that everybody would see it. case in point........" Replacement Killers" . that was BAD movie." Desperado" i liked that movie but it was a BIG bust at the movies. i hope they make it. and it will be good.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll