Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 People buying Wii just for Nintendo games?
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
People buying Wii just for Nintendo games? - Feb 20, 2007 20:43
Well theres no denying thats a big factor but a recent article from IGN.com shows that third parties are getting a decent piece of the Wii action.

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/764/764835p1.aspx

What is interesting, however, is the third party breakdown for both Wii and PS3. Although skeptics are quick to shrug Nintendo' s system off as a " console for Nintendo games," the fact of the matter is that there were not only more third party titles available on Wii than PS3 in 2006, but many of these games also sold better on the Big N' s platform.

Ubisoft in particular was a big winner. Its Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids Wii titles sold approximately 220,000 and 185,000 respectively - nothing to scoff at for a brand new franchise and another that has slumbered for years. Sega' s Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz managed 175,000 in sales. And Atlus had a sleeper on its hands with Trauma Center: Second Opinion, which sold through 115,000 copies. The title - a " Wii-make" of a DS game - required minimal development investment and, that considered, offered big returns.

I hope this spurs more developers into making more games, and more importantly games that take full advantage of what the Wii has to offer.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 20 Feb 07 12:46:33 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message