Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gamestop Crys Foul on Wii/DS Lite Shortage
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Gamestop Crys Foul on Wii/DS Lite Shortage - Mar 30, 2007 01:39
wii.ign.com

March 27, 2007 - Speaking to investors during GameStop' s Q4 2006 Earnings Conference Call, executives stated they believe Nintendo fans' long nightmare of Wii and DS scarcity is about to end.

In response to a question as to whether a low Wii supply would be a recurring problem with Nintendo, GameStop COO Dan DeMatteo said he believed Nintendo created the shortage on purpose. " I think they intentionally dried up supply because they made their numbers for the year," DeMatteo said. " Their new year starts April 1 and I think we' re going to see supply flowing."

DeMatteo stated he believes the DS Lite drought should be ending in April as well, though he made no claims as to what was causing the supply problems for Nintendo' s handheld. The DS was the best-selling system in 2006, and GameStop believes the two screens could pull it off again this year.

As of this writing, Nintendo could not be reached for comment.

I never would have suspected Nintendo for that kind of lameness (at least not recently), but it does make sense. What do you all think?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll