Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Prince of Persia 4 (?) - Xbox 360
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Prince of Persia 4 (?) - Xbox 360 - Mar 03, 2007 05:24

Prince of Persia shadows Assassin' s Creed
01 Mar 2007 12:02pm

First details of Ubisoft’s original free runner...

After the Prince saved his Kingdom from the ravages of the Sands of Time across last generation’s Prince of Persia trilogy, many thought that the character and the action adventure series had finally been to rest, with Assassins Creed inheriting the mantle of Ubisoft’s platformer of choice for the new generation of consoles.
Advertisement

But Ubisoft has decided two pairs of legs are better than one and has announced development of a all-new Prince of Persia title for the Xbox 360; and while details are extremely thin on the ground artwork that has been released to coincide with the announcement indicates that this is a fresh approach to the series, building the mythology of the Prince and his battle with the Sands of Time from the ground up.

While the gestation between Sands of Time, The Warrior Within and Two Thrones saw the tone of the trilogy darken as the Prince was stripped of everything he loved and had to constantly cheat death (in the form of the Sands of Time guardian Dahaka), this new iteration will re-focus on the roots of the series, with bright vivid landscapes and a Prince that’s more about footwork than sword work.

The previous Prince touted the Dagger of Time, which allowed him to draw time-reversing sand from his enemies; this iteration is wielding a rather groovy armoured gauntlet, which is rumoured to be customisable throughout the game for different weapon configurations.

We’re still waiting for a prospective release date and in-game screensots. But as long as Ubisoft can return to the platforming purity of Sands of Time and completely ignore the connotations of a nu-metal reject from its sequels (swearing, blood-letting, crunching metal soundtrack) then we’ll welcome the revitalised Prince with open arms.

The big question remains however; how can a developer retain the foundations of the series gameplay without being flagged as a direct copy of Assassins Creed, which has become a next-gen gamers’ darling since its appearance at X06 last year? It seems criminal that its spiritual successor could somehow negatively impact on the Prince’s return, since Creed owes much of its design to its forbearer.

LINK
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Prince of Persia 4 (?) - Xbox 360 - Mar 04, 2007 05:46
So does this mean that its gonna be 360 exclusive?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Prince of Persia 4 (?) - Xbox 360 - Mar 04, 2007 06:12
It wouldn' t suprise me if it got ported to the PS3. All the other PoP titles have been multiplatform.
mastachefbkw

RE: Prince of Persia 4 (?) - Xbox 360 - Mar 04, 2007 06:36

It wouldn' t suprise me if it got ported to the PS3. All the other PoP titles have been multiplatform.

Thats what i was thinking. But i think it would be awesome if they just put it on one console, so they could work on one console instead of 3. Imagine how good of a game that would be
Nitro

RE: Prince of Persia 4 (?) - Xbox 360 - Mar 04, 2007 07:13
While Ubisoft and Microsoft have a closer working relationship than Ubisoft and Sony, by the time this hits shelves it' ll be 2008 and Sony will have a well established userbase. Not releasing it on PS3 would be a bad business decision. Probably.

The funny thing is that quite a number of 360 games have quickly passed the 1M sold mark. Gears sold 2M in 48 hours and Lost Planet PRE-sold 1M and is well past 2M now. For a console that' s a year old those are fantastic sales numbers.

I put it partially down to them being new IP' s from well established developers. Would a 4th installment in the PoP series pass 1M quickly if it was exclusive to one platform? I kinda doubt it.

Assassins Creed is multi-platform anyhoo so there' s no reason this won' t be. The only Ubi developed MS exclusive is Splinter Cell 5. So far.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Prince of Persia 4 (?) - Xbox 360 - Mar 05, 2007 00:14
I loved the Prince of Persia games! A new take on the series Is Nice, but I dont know how it would play without the time travel and the like. I for One thought The Warrior within was the best of the series.

Wasnt the artwork for this new prince of persia leaked a while ago with a bunch of other stuff from ubi?
Nitro

RE: Prince of Persia 4 (?) - Xbox 360 - Mar 05, 2007 00:48

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Wasnt the artwork for this new prince of persia leaked a while ago with a bunch of other stuff from ubi?

Yeah but i couldn' t find the thread.
mastachefbkw

RE: Prince of Persia 4 (?) - Xbox 360 - Mar 05, 2007 06:34

I loved the Prince of Persia games! A new take on the series Is Nice, but I dont know how it would play without the time travel and the like. I for One thought The Warrior within was the best of the series.

I liked the two thrones the best

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message