Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
How Many Kikizo Members Belong To Another Website' s Forum? - Dec 03, 2004 14:20
Personally, I am member to Kikizo, XBOX365, Computerandvideogames, and Gamespot (maybe not, I' ll explain).

When a good piece of information comes out, we all try to get that news to the Kikizo forums. We also try to provide the source information, not just as a courtesy, but because we want to give proper credit to those who worked so hard to place the original posting.

Recently, as all of you know, several Kikizo members received notification that they won a videogame of their choice. With my name being listed among those winners, I felt compelled to do a little something for the ' Kikizo Cause' ...to help bring new members to Kikizo.

I placed a posting on several other websites (listed above) promoting a visit to Kikizo as a ' family' website.

In response, Gamespot.com banned me from their forums for 7 days, took points from me (whatever that means), and shut down my post. They sent an email to me stating that I had violated their forums policies.

An email was sent (by me) to their moderators concerning the issue of suspension (and such). I am awaiting response...

I personally do not care whether Gamespot banned me, because I truly love it here at Kikizo. I would do whatever it takes (within reason and legally, of course) to support the Kikizo website.

I informed Adam of the incident, and told him that I was basically proud of my actions for the betterment of Kikizo.

...and I would do it all again! (unless asked not to by Adam)

Just so you have an idea, here' s what I posted (the title varied depending on max. character allowances):

Kikizo - Come Home To Family...

For those of you that are unaware of the Kikizo.com website, I will school ya' ...

Kikizo is a website that offers people (gamers or not) the chance to become a part of a family. Read the latest gaming news, reviews, and interviews or take part in the forums to discuss topics such as gaming, movies, or everything else under the sun.

As an added bonus, if you are chosen as the individual with the best all-around contribution (based upon pre-designated criteria) to the Kikizo website, you will win a free game of your choice from any of the game systems or PC (within the designated dollar amount). Not bad, eh?

I can honestly say that the Kikizo website has that inimate, familiar feeling that makes its members want to be a part of this wonderful experience...to become part of a family, not just another visitor.

Even if you are undecided about www.kikizo.com, come take a look...the only regret you will have is not visiting Kikizo sooner.

**(end of post)**

Do you think that I did something wrong? Was there another way for me to promote Kikizo? Tell me your thoughts...
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 12/3/2004 2:59:05 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message