Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Metal Gear Acid
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Metal Gear Acid - Jun 03, 2004 12:46
This game will be coming to PSP. But, its a lil different then other MG games. Sort of turn-based, card-play style instead of the usual stealth action. With certain gameplay elements out of the equation, this should allow for nice graphics and what not.

Gamespot-

The largest revelation to come out of this demo is that Metal Gear Acid isn' t an action adventure game like its predecessors. Instead, the game is a turn-based tactical strategy game, with what appears to be some card-battle-like mechanics mixed in. You' ll move Snake a certain number of squares around a map as you try to sneak up behind guards and take them out.

The cards are, essentially, your weapons. We saw cards for most of the standard Metal Gear weapons, including silenced rifles, claymores, and the like. The turn-based game also gives you some other options, such as the ability to crouch out of sight, knock on walls, and so on. When your turn ends, the screen moves around to the enemy soldiers on the map, giving them each a turn to act. Actions like moving and putting certain weapons into play have a cost associated with them, limiting the number of actions you can take during one turn.

I was hoping it would stick to the action stealth, as almost all turn-based things really dont work for me.

What are all yer thoughts about this?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Metal Gear Acid - Jun 04, 2004 05:18
If this was being done by Sonic Team then I' d be hopeful, but as it is I fear for Metal Gear Acid. I was originally planning to get it but I' ll more than likely rent it first now (If Blockbuster carries PSP games by then).
LEBATOTE

• Total Posts : 20
RE: Metal Gear Acid - Jun 04, 2004 17:56
too bad, the MGS series rock....................too bad the second one is 5 hours long (the first one was not much longer) and there' s nothing left to do once you beat it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll