Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Independent Film how to
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
Independent Film how to - Apr 02, 2006 09:18
Could anyone give me a solid nudge in the direction of what it takes to get funding for and produce an independent film? This is an idea I' ve tossed around with my brother on numerous occasions, we have a concept, general plot, and several minor details and brainstorms, but we' re still clueless as to what we actually have to do to make the film. Any help would be much appreciated.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 02, 2006 14:50
Good luck finding something out on this but I am not sure there are many users around these parts these days that are sufficiently film buffed to get into details on this. Kikizo Movies ' closed' some time ago and all the big movie nuts weren' t around long; I think most movie fans here are pretty casual now. My guess is that raising finance for film will be tough because everyone' s at it. There' s always a way though (hey, I' ve raised a little cash before now, so why not!?) but I would recommend seeking proper advice if you are serious. An alternative, if you have a great concept, is to copyright it and then get pitching (which by itself would also require some research). That way you don' t have to bother making the film but if someone else likes it and makes it, you might earn decently off the rights.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 02, 2006 23:51
Thanks Adam, if me and my brother end up making the film, you' ll be in the credits.

Prestigious i know!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 03, 2006 03:02
In the UK, you can get in touch with various public sector companies eg the ' UK Film Council' who let you know about upcoming schemes, events, contests, festivals etc which attract funding. Apparently TV stations like the BBC and FilmFour/Channel 4 particularly are interested in funding new talent, and you see a lot of it broadcast late at night!

http://www.britfilms.com/resources/fundinginformation/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/filmnetwork/
http://www.ukfilmcouncil.org.uk/shorts/

Check out these sites though, there' s tonnes of info, and I' m sure there are similar processes for new filmmakers wherever you are. I don' t have any experience of this myself unfortunately. But if you do make something cool, keep us posted! I' d like to see what you come up with!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 2 Apr 06 19:04:07 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 03, 2006 07:43
.. you two are brothers?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 03, 2006 09:10

hey, I' ve raised a little cash before now

Isn' t that a bit of an understatement?!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 03, 2006 09:25
Whenever it comes to anything film related, I have always gone by one belief: " If anyone knows, Joe (Redifer) knows!"
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 03, 2006 12:00
My dad' s friend created the dragon for " mio min mio" a swedish fantasy movie,based on the book of astrid lindgren...

In english it was named " mio in the land of faraway" and christoper lee played the villain.
And yeah dad did some of the dragon too.

.... :S 6.2/10 (568 votes) over at imdb,but i loved the movie 8/10 for me.
Die_Hounderdoggen

RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 06, 2006 06:19

In the UK, you can get in touch with various public sector companies eg the ' UK Film Council' who let you know about upcoming schemes, events, contests, festivals etc which attract funding.

Unfortunately, we' re stupid Yankees and don' t have ready transportation to this magical land of ' uk' . I doubt that any of those associations would find anything remotely entertaining in a low budget office comedy about a middle manager Say' n Spell and his slow descent into madness anyway. Sort of an " Office Space" meets " Lawrence of Arabia" meets " Boondock Saints" sort of thing. Yes... that' s how our minds work.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 07, 2006 11:55
That' d be cool. I' d watch it! I think the UK film council also have a US branch, might be in LA though I' m not sure. There' s gotta be something similar near you guys though, an indie company interested in showcasing new talent..?

There was one particular low budget office comedy that did pretty well over here though..
< Message edited by choupolo -- 7 Apr 06 4:03:27 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 11, 2006 06:39

... you two are brothers?

Yeah... feel honored, as far as anyone else knows we' ve never seen eachother in our lives.

I know there' s project green-light (http://projectgreenlight.liveplanet.com) , but i' m not sure when the contest opens again. And Hounderdoggen, yes i just though about this, and yeah, we' ll mull it over later in the batcave.
Die_Hounderdoggen

RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 18, 2006 01:59
Greenlight seems like more of a Bravo publicity stunt than an actually agency, I for one don' t want to make a fool of the proposed movie(s) on upper end cable T.V.

By the way, when did we get a batcave? Did Bruce Wayne have a yard sale?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Independent Film how to - Apr 21, 2006 02:40
Yeah, i bought his butler, and some batarangs. Man, i' m gonna be the Beez Kneez with this stuff.

Hey, don' t complain hounderdoggen, a movie' s a movie, but hey, if ya don' t like project greenlight, ya could always resort to standing on the corner with a tin cup and a two legged, gimp-eared, one-eyed, dancing dog... i' m sure you' ll get tons of money from that one

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll