Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Homage to the lost
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Homage to the lost - Oct 24, 2006 14:28
Here' s a thread designed pay tribute to the games that have gone into the oblivion of our minds, show a few screenshoots, tell reason why this is a game no one should have missed.

I' ll start

No One Lives Forever 2

This is a super cool, game with lots of humour, good level design. It' s a James Bond kind of game with a sassy female heroine called Kate Archer.

Some might remember miss archer as she was featured in the annual kikizo beauty pageant
this year.

Its a must play for all who likes fun games and first person shooters.

The original NOLF was ported to playstation 2 back in the first years of the Sony machine when games like halflife was at its prime.

The game is set in the 60' ies as potrays the stereotypical spy thriller in a great way!

Despite the aging engine, the graphics are still decent so i recommend a playthrough of this great game, which features slight roleplay elements as will as stealth.

Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Homage to the lost - Oct 24, 2006 14:58
I don' t like it.
Vx Chemical

RE: Homage to the lost - Oct 24, 2006 15:03
I didnt ask if you liked it!

Post your own game?

Oh right being constructive isnt your thing!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Homage to the lost - Oct 24, 2006 15:39
I played through a bit of the first No One Lives Forever, and thought it did have some very clever and funny scripts and voice acting. I actually spent a fair amount of time just eavesdropping on guards in various levels that I was supposed to be progressing through.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Homage to the lost - Oct 24, 2006 15:40
I' ll take my game choice back into the SNES days...this game is a game I used to love, for every inch and every piece. Illusion of Gaia was one of the most atmospheric games designed for the SNES. Many people don' t know it was the sequel of Soul Blazer which was one of the most addicting SNES RPGs ever.

The general design of the game had you playing a kid called Will who by some bizarre fate is aided by Gaia who transforms him into Freedan a Knight, and Shadow (Essentially there is three characters) it is an Action RPG like Zelda, but in the end the game does what it accomplishes which is to create an epic tale told through an adventure which is enormous as well as vivid. Most assurdly a game none should pass up.

Will pic

Gaia Pic

locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Homage to the lost - Oct 24, 2006 16:33
Armada: Star Command for Dreamcast
Asteroids style RPG. You can have up to 4 players teaming up at once. There is infinite space and tons of different items you can buy for your ship. This game is a blast, sadly Armada 2 was cancelled.
Vx Chemical

RE: Homage to the lost - Oct 24, 2006 16:52

This was definetly a game that most people missed, at its time it was the peak in survial horror.

Here is the games premise

Join the Spook house -- the International Supernatural Defense and Research League -- in a 3rd person adventure filled with conspiracy theories, paranormal forces and supernatural creatures. Nothing comes close to being this scary!

It was the first game to actively render how cloth was moving against a model, and they succeeded quite well. It features a really cool set of night vision goggles, as one might imagine they would have been in the 30ies, that shows everything in a hazy and grainy FPS view, despite the game being Fixed camera 3rd person view!

< Message edited by Vx Chemical -- 24 Oct 06 8:55:07 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Homage to the lost - Oct 24, 2006 21:02
This thread is not fair! I' m busy giving lectures and I need to bne posting forgotten greats up here!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll