Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Has this been happening to your ps3?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 23, 2006 06:20
http://news.punchjump.com/blog/2006/11/21/sony-ps3-fails-out-of-the-box/

Boy, US$600+ buys a whole lot of sony quality these days.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 23, 2006 09:34
Yep. Thats some high quality
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 23, 2006 11:42
In about two-three years, all PS3' s would have problems like this...just like PS2...and just like PS (although, mine is still working! If only I can find it...)

...and then, you' d have to plonk down $600...again.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 23, 2006 12:17
Jesus. Cry me a river.

So they get a PS3 that' s faulty. Great, well done. Is is responsible to report it in such a light that suggests all PS3s are low quality and " Sony Corp" has messed up? Honestly, hating on Sony with this sort of approach is getting really old now. These guys can go and buy a new PS3 or ask Sony for one. If a consumer had the issue, then that would be different.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 23, 2006 12:35

So they get a PS3 that' s faulty. Great, well done. Is is responsible to report it in such a light that suggests all PS3s are low quality and " Sony Corp" has messed up? Honestly, hating on Sony with this sort of approach is getting really old now. These guys can go and buy a new PS3 or ask Sony for one. If a consumer had the issue, then that would be different.

Exactly leave sony alone, let them lie in their grave.
Terrak

RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 23, 2006 13:15
Alright if sony offers prompt repair/replacement with out the hassle then i guess this is a non issue, interesting but not a big deal. Problem is that with all these shortages and delays no one here can be truly sure of when a sony can start shipping out replacements. Imagine spending 4+ days braving the elements, waiting in overcrowded lines and forking over over US$600 plus for something that doesn' t even work, and because of extreme shortages your replacement unit takes several weeks (if not longer) to arrive. Thats pretty disappointing considering the extremes many have gone too to get the much anticipated ps3.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 23, 2006 13:36
It' s got a LOT of tech in it. Of course they' re gonna have defective units. Microsoft' s turn-around time for replacing defective units was really fast, and I' m sure theirs will be too. It' s just a matter of getting defective units in, fixing them up, and shipping them out to the next person with a defective unit. I mean, I sent in my 360 and got a totally different unit a couple days later, so I' m presuming that' s the way it goes.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 23, 2006 14:09

It' s got a LOT of tech in it. Of course they' re gonna have defective units. Microsoft' s turn-around time for replacing defective units was really fast, and I' m sure theirs will be too. It' s just a matter of getting defective units in, fixing them up, and shipping them out to the next person with a defective unit. I mean, I sent in my 360 and got a totally different unit a couple days later, so I' m presuming that' s the way it goes.

Yeah right, I' m sure they will be just as quick to replace deffective PS3' s as they were with PS2' s...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 23, 2006 16:39
Sony won' t start replacing units, they' ll repair as many as they can, specifically because they' re losing tons of money on every unit sold.

It' s a complicated piece of machinery. There will be units that don' t work or have problems. 9-15% is considered acceptible but as we' ve seen with 360, 40-50% is possible.

Retail PS3' s seem to have teething problems but there haven' t been many reported complete failures. We' ll get a better impression when Sony' s install base grows.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 24, 2006 01:05

Jesus. Cry me a river.

I would' ve liked to hear you say something like that ages ago, during the Great Hate sony war.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 24, 2006 01:14

I would' ve liked to hear you say something like that ages ago, during the Great Hate sony war.

There hasnt been a Hate sony war, there has been a Sony needs to get their act together war.

People have been blowing since out of proportion on both sides, but critisizing sony has always been met with " fanboy' s" comments.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 24, 2006 01:44
To be fair, I would think 1 reported defective disc loading system is almost expected with the amount of pressure Sony are in atm.

Imo it' s fine to rip into Sony every time they make an arrogant statement or tell a blatent lie, or sell the consumer short in one way or another...but technical problems at a consoles launch are understandable to some extent right...?
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 24, 2006 04:30
I don' t know about you guys, but this just means to wait until the spring seasons to pick up a new unit.

Yes, come Xbox 720 or PS4 or Nintendo' s next system, I' ll wait about 6 months before I buy a system.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 24, 2006 05:55
I' ll leave the Xbox fanboys to release some of that tension which built up since the Xbox..

And boy is it alot!!!

Nitro

RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 24, 2006 06:10
Ok, so lets have a praise Sony day. What have they done right with PS3??
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 24, 2006 06:12

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Ok, so lets have a praise Sony day. What have they done right with PS3??

... the name? 1, 2 and voilá, PlayStation3
Nitro

RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 24, 2006 06:16
Linux.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 24, 2006 06:20
Hiring that Alien dude to voice the commercials!
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 23 Nov 06 22:29:45 >
Terrak

RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 24, 2006 06:39
They did make the November Release dates for both Japan and North America.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Has this been happening to your ps3? - Nov 24, 2006 08:54
I' m glad it was a Corp. getting screwed over & not a real customer, but still, I can' t help laughing at that god awful noise.

It' s too soon to tell what Sony is doing right with Blu-Ray, but the multiple memory card thing has serious benefits, as does the no-fuss hard-drive swapping.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message