Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Innovation
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
Innovation - Dec 19, 2006 02:11
I do like to see innovation, after all it’s always nice to try new things, but it isn’t the be all and end all of gaming that so many make it out to be. Whilst I’m perfectly happy playing something inventive, I can be just as happy playing a lazy sequel that may very well have been knocked up during Mr developers lunch break.

Sometimes I think many (not all) avid gamers just see innovation as the hardcore way to think. Perhaps because so many magazines and websites rate games based on innovation, they feel the need to think the same way. I don’t agree with a lot of these journalists either as they seem to award games stupidly high scores just because they offer something just that little bit different from the norm.

On the other hand, sequels to games that I’ve enjoyed often offer me a comfortable familiarity, albeit with tweaks that make a great formula even better. For me this will do just fine, I simply wouldn’t want a game that I cherish to change beyond recognition when a spit and polish will suffice.

What are your thoughts on innovation?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message