Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Development Houses Would You Like To See Develope Games For XBOX or Have M$ Acquire?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
What Development Houses Would You Like To See Develope Games For XBOX or Have M$ Acquire? - Sep 01, 2004 14:16
Thinking about Acclaim' s demise, I began to think of what development houses I would like to see M$ acquire or have develope games for the XBOX.

Here' s my list:

Acquisitions:
Sega
Acclaim
Take 2/Rockstar
Ubi Soft
Eidos

Developer Additions:
Nintendo
Sony

I' m sure there are development houses that escape my memory, but this should be a good start...

Which development houses would you like to see develope games for XBOX or have M$ acquire?
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/1/2004 2:17:44 PM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What Development Houses Would You Like To See Develope Games For XBOX or Have M$ Acqu - Sep 01, 2004 14:49
I' d like to see Square Enix develop for the Xbox!! More than likely wouldn' t buy or play their games but I' d love to see the effect it has on the industry.

And I' m not talking about them just throwing Microsoft a bone every once in a rare while like they' ve done to the GameCube, I mean REAL support.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Development Houses Would You Like To See Develope Games For XBOX or Have M$ Acqu - Sep 01, 2004 15:03
Square. Im not a big fan of theirs, but with the artistic talent they have and the power the xbox has, it seems like they could do some real amazing things.

Rockstar would be a nice addition. Look what they did with the GTA games, nice polished violence. Ubisoft would be a good one as they are my favorite company at the time along side Rockstar. Ubi has some damn good games, but they always get downsized when moved to other systems, the look on Xbox is just always much nice with Ubisofts games.
DaRoosh65

RE: What Development Houses Would You Like To See Develope Games For XBOX or Have M$ Acqu - Sep 04, 2004 19:42
Square would be a nice edition for sure...

City Hunter

• Total Posts : 40
RE: What Development Houses Would You Like To See Develope Games For XBOX or Have M$ Acqu - Sep 04, 2004 19:59
I want more games from Sega, Sega on Xbox make very great games (Jet Set Radio future and Panzer Dragoon Orta for example).

A great addition would be Square Enix, because its RPG will push hard the Xbox in Japan.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: What Development Houses Would You Like To See Develope Games For XBOX or Have M$ Acqu - Sep 05, 2004 05:56
Just out of curiosity, why is it Microsoft that should " acquire" these companies? For what reason? Because they' re Microsoft?

This entire premise is silly. What you' re saying you want is the all major developers to flock to MS simply because of the slightest increase in graphical capability. And who says that this will remain true for the next generation?

In the end, I hate to tell you this, but the best-looking games from Square-Enix and Sony (Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, etc.) would look no better on the Xbox. And if they did, the differences would be very minimal.

I can' t see developers like Nintendo, Sony, and Square-Enix flocking to a company who only has 1/5 the size of the userbase of another major system...just because we think that all those games would look so much better on Xbox hardware. And they wouldn' t look " so much better."

This is only a viable question if you' re a one-console owner, and could never afford another.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: What Development Houses Would You Like To See Develope Games For XBOX or Have M$ Acqu - Sep 05, 2004 15:08
I own all the consoles, I just would like to see the Xbox get some better backing. That would lead to more money and then to a more superior console for the next-gen, not maybe the best but somthign ppl wont question as much.

Besides its a simple non-combative post, if it makes you feel ne better you could always make one for the gamecube (which btw really needs more support as well) and PS2.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Development Houses Would You Like To See Develope Games For XBOX or Have M$ Acqu - Sep 05, 2004 16:41
Microsoft should buy Square and then sell them to me for $5. I' d force them to make an RPG starring Fathoms and for no reason the game would also feature lame-ass Filmation characters (like He-Man, She-Ra, BraveStarr, the Ape from their raped version of " Ghostbusters" , and of course Orko). Fathoms would carry a giant key and use it as a weapon. The game would suck incredible amounts of ass, but people would buy it anyway just because it' s Square. That would be their last game for the PS2. After that they' d develop exclusively for Xbox and Gamecube.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: What Development Houses Would You Like To See Develope Games For XBOX or Have M$ Acqu - Sep 05, 2004 22:48
........and Joe still can' t play RPG' s to save his life.
DaRoosh65

RE: What Development Houses Would You Like To See Develope Games For XBOX or Have M$ Acqu - Sep 06, 2004 02:01
Joe,

You know that in ten (or so) years, some publisher will put that game in a compilation for home consoles...you know, as filler between all the good games.

It' s not your fault, fathoms, you need to blame your supporting in-game cast for being so lousy, as I' m sure that your character will be awesome.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll