Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Soul Calibur III
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Soul Calibur III - Oct 27, 2005 18:27
I' m fairly disappointed with this game. I don' t appreciate how everything is set up, not at all. the arcade mode is gone and is reduced to a " Quick Play" mode buried within the extensive (and extremely lame) menu system. The game relies heavilly on stories and Choose Your Own Adventure® and I just got tired of it really quick. The game is faster, cheaper, yet the control feels slower. I really liked Soul Calibur and I even liked Soul Calibur II, but this is definitely a step backwards for the series.

Playing this game actually makes me want to go to sleep. Or be put to sleep.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Soul Calibur III - Oct 27, 2005 18:38
I went to the game store today to see if they had the game and the bastids didn' t have it in, they' re more than likely have it tomorrow, SO I guess I spared myself 1 day of disappointment! UNLESS the game costs more than 40 then I' m not gonna even bother!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Soul Calibur III - Oct 27, 2005 21:01
Well on the bright side at least the game has kind-of good music, which is not as good as the music from Soul Calibur 2, which was nowhere even close to being as good as the music from Soul Calibur 1, which was arguably a bit worse than Soul Edge/Blade.

The character designs in part 3 are pretty bad. Everyone looks so.... bad. I think Namco should close shop now and cut their losses before they turn into a complete wreck of a game company.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 28 Oct 05 5:01:45 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Soul Calibur III - Oct 27, 2005 21:18
My favorite piece of music in the entire SOUL series was Knightmare' s theme from Soul Calibur. Simply awesome!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Soul Calibur III - Oct 28, 2005 08:11
When I first heard about it I was excited and very curious about the create your own character thing. For the ' adventure' mode (can' t remember it' s actual name) I always though it would have been great to have a custom character there.

From what I' ve heard though it' s not come together very well. Add that to the fact it' s now PS2 exclusive and it' s going to loose some graphical sheen I was used to with SCII for X-Box.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Soul Calibur III - Oct 28, 2005 10:15
I was angry from the moment I heard it was a PS2 exclusive. I wanted it multiplatform again. I guess it doesn' t matter though based on what Joe said. I don' t have much urge to play it anymore. Oh well.

I still think Soul Calibur (the first one) was the best. I played through that game like made when I got it with my DC. The second just couldn' t hold my attention nearly as much. Sould Edge (that was the original right?) was really fun too in the arcades, but Calibur still seemed more fun to me.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll