Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who needs PS3 when you have...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Who needs PS3 when you have... - Nov 18, 2006 06:48
...not one, not two, but THREE copies of Gears of War!

It certainly wasn' t intentional. I usually get my games from the guy who delivers stock to Gamestation where i work part-time. I either get things free, or i pay say £100 and get triple what i could get in a store for the money. It all depends on what he can get his hands on and when.

I asked him about Gears weeks and weeks ago and he said that because it was a big pre-order game he wasn' t sure whether he could get any " additional" copies, just like Dead Rising. So, with that in mind i pre-ordered the game from Play.com and hoped to have it on launch day. When i checked on Tuesday my order was still under the ' pre-ordered' section of my account. Wednesday and Thursday came and nothing changed. I checked with some friends and spoke to a couple of guys online who had also pre-ordered from Play.com and their orders hadn' t changed like mine.

The order finally changed last night and said it had been dispatched, and so allowing 3-5 days would take it to Monday at the earliest before it arrived. No fucking way i' m waiting 3 more days to play Gears!

I didn' t cancel although i probably should have done, but this morning i went into work and bought the Limited Edition Tin version. I spent the day in town and bought a couple of other games, including Project 8, and this afternoon i recieved a phonecall - " Are you still after a copy of Gears?" ... Ofcourse, if it was going to be free then i was going to have it. I got 4 free copies of the game, gave one to my brother and two to friends who had pre-ordered from Play.com like i did.

When i got home the game hadn' t arrived and so it won' t come now until Monday or Tuesday, but i already have 2 copies; one standard and one Limited Edition...

...and so i' m going to end up with 3 alltogether...

PS3?! Pah! Rubbish!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message