Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EA milking more: selling EA Trax
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
EA milking more: selling EA Trax - Mar 05, 2007 07:40
linkage

On from selling unlocks for game content you already own, and tutorials that you traditionally get as courtesy, we now have licensed game music " OSTs" ....

I wonder if they' ll take the BGM screen usually found within the options, out of their games now...
< Message edited by choupolo -- 4 Mar 07 23:40:59 >
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: EA milking more: selling EA Trax - Mar 05, 2007 07:49
They' re selling the tracks that are available only on their games. What' s so wrong with that?
I wish more companies would do that, as a matter of fact. It would be nice to be able to just get the track I liked in the game, instead of searching, sometimes fruitlessly, for some import CD just so I can hear it out of game.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: EA milking more: selling EA Trax - Mar 05, 2007 08:02
The original and custom songs they' ll be selling is fine, but they' ll also be selling the licensed tracks too. I tend to actively avoid EA games these days, but in the ones I' ve played, the number of original songs unavailable elsewhere are minimal.

I never liked Snoop' s Riders on the Storm anyway!
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: EA milking more: selling EA Trax - Mar 05, 2007 15:38
Final Fantasy OSTs are fine to sell, since the music was made specifically for that game, not for 1,000 other things...Madden however is one big fucking difference.

P.S. I want the Drakengard OST...though it lacks a little in gameplay both games had superior music and plot.
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 5 Mar 07 7:39:21 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: EA milking more: selling EA Trax - Mar 06, 2007 07:08
EA is building up money to take over the world and invent a new sport so they can make even more money off of that. and then your gonna have to pay taxes on EA games
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: EA milking more: selling EA Trax - Mar 10, 2007 07:35
Its a good idea e.g Burnout and NFS series to play licensed music of artists while playing. However, I wouldn' t buy the ea tracks. Have friends who already have these albums so just borrow and rip what track you desire.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll