Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Next-Gen Online
bignasty1990

• Total Posts : 4
Next-Gen Online - Dec 11, 2005 08:19
Do you like with all the technology leaps and game design leaps that are gonna happen in the next-gen. Then when they creat a cross platform game. And its Xbox Live so there for more than likely it' ll be PS World ( or whatever they decide to call it ) That when you sign on yo one sysyem that you' ll be able to play somebody from the other system online. For example if you sign on to play like Madden 06 in PS World. You would be able to play somebody who is playing Madden 06 on Xbox Live. I know it won' t happen with that game. Plus, there cross platform so there tech. needs are about the same.

Just wondering if that whould happen in the next-gen. I think it would be awsome!!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Next-Gen Online - Dec 11, 2005 09:59
well first of all it' s really hard to get what you' re saying , but I think I understand :)

It' s possible to have a multilatform online game - Battlefield 2 for X and 360 was supposed to be multi.Phantasy Star Universe is going to be Multiplatform and support players with all systems online together.

Even if those titles won' t - it is possible.Your console handles graphics and some functions , but the " online data" can easily be made universal.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Next-Gen Online - Dec 11, 2005 10:50
I dont think MS will let others tap into their live service. Sony btw, choose not to offer a service like Xbox Live, its up to the individual developers to create online content!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Next-Gen Online - Dec 11, 2005 14:02
with MS it could be binding the PC and 360 online , cuz like you said - they wouldn' t let Sony and Nintendo to plug and play (get it :P).
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Next-Gen Online - Dec 11, 2005 15:28
Of course making sure you can play multiformat online games against people with a different console to you is going to be a big thing.

I think a World of Warcraft style approach would be ace though. I don' t mean the setting but the war that’s going on. People can choose to be either Alliance or Horde. The two sides have very different paths through the game and can' t really communicate with each other but can see and fight each other.

So for example, you are running around with your mates all on a 360 and suddenly you see a PS3 owner represented as your enemy. It’s be a great 360 vs PS3 online war.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll