Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wishful thinking! Remakes
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 16, 2006 20:17
If you could decide of a remake of any game from any point in history, with all the bells and whistles of todays games, which would you choose, and why?

Remember, remakes and not sequels!

Edit: add as many games as you' d like!
< Message edited by VX Chemical -- 16 Jun 06 13:50:02 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 16, 2006 20:54
Shenmue!

In 720p at a nice 60fps, beautifully rendered backgrounds and people. Great
lighting and improved character animation. Better texture effects, and he may have
a pair of recogisable trainers if Sega got a licence from reebok or something.

The women (that' s Joy, Shenhua and Nozomi) would all look better than the girls
in Dead or Alive, and Yuan' s Guile haircut will hit you full throttle at a mind
blowing resolution. Dou Niu' s chain would shine and move just like the handcuffs
in the game. we would also be able to fight more black penguins at the same time...

(Trust me to be first out the gate with the obvious..)
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 16, 2006 20:56
Oh, man, one single game? I can think up at least five right now off the top of my head.

Ok, if I had to choose, I think I' ll go with Eternal Champions. It' s a good 2-D fighting game that for some reason wasn' t given any sequels, but a straight remake would still be good! Maybe they could make it a bit faster as well...
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 16, 2006 21:00
I can think of more, loads infact! But I just had to get the obvious outta the way.

Ok, if I had to choose, I think I' ll go with Eternal Champions.

Xavier was the.... BEST!!!!!!!! That warlock was a mean-arse b*stard, I had
it on my Mega-Drive and it used to scare the sh*t outta me. All the characters in
that were preety messed up, the way they had all died, and why did the vampire
guy know Jeet-Kun-do?
< Message edited by Tiz -- 16 Jun 06 13:02:06 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 16, 2006 21:32
I' m doing multiple VX, i hope you don' t mind!

Vagrant Story

As much as i love Square-Enix' s games, i' m getting increasingly bored of Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy 12 has certainly caught my eye but 9 and 10 in my opinion were rubbish.

Vagrant story had some serious style and a great battle system. A PS3 remake would go down very well in my eyes!

Deathtrap Dungeon

I spent waaaaaay too much time playing this. It' s not for everybody and it wasn' t amazing but i' d still like to see it remade so i could enjoy it all over again!

Thrill Kill

It was banned in the UK and so i had to play a copied import instead. The engine was used and the game changed to Wu Tang: Taste the Pain which was pretty rubbish.

I liked Thrill Kill, the characters were cool and the death/fatality/whatever moves were great. I' d like to see in on 360 with fully fledged 4 player online multi-player!

Goldeneye

A tricky decision that would require nothing to be changed other than the visuals.

The weapon set, levels and general game mechanics would have to remain unchanged and it would ahve to be done by the team now responsible for the TimeSplitters games as i wouldn' t want to trust Rare with it after PDZ. Rare need to focus instead on Banjoe 3 and Killer Instinct 3.

The multi-player would need padding out with more maps and options and it' d need to be online and have full character customization (including face mapping), but the rest would need to be left as it was.

Nintendo Wii perhaps?!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 16 Jun 06 13:35:18 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 16, 2006 22:01

The original Rainbox six, had a great story, so great that you actually believed it could happen. I loved every second of it. I hope the bring some of the feel of it back in the LV game
industrocyberbot23

• Total Posts : 108
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 16, 2006 22:06
How to be a Complete B*st*rd - From the Spectrum. Still one of the most original games of all time!

Rollerblade - Amiga - surprised the violent football games never really caught on. A World of Warcraft american football game a la that one on the Atari Jaguar would be welcome too!

Street Fighter 2 - they need to make it 3D, keep it fast and do a good job!!

Head Over Heels - Spectrum - an isometric puzzle game that remains one of the best platform/puzzlers, great characters and I' ve no idea why it hasn' t been done!

Space Station Silicon Valley - mainly for the same reasons as HoH above, although a sequel would do!!!

Battle Chess - for Xbox live.

No Mercy (N64) - wrestling never had it so good. Keep the controls, improve the graphics and make-your-own mechanics.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 16, 2006 23:07
Alright, I' ll add a few more:

Earthbound: It was a great game and while they' re making a sequel, it' s not going to utilize the isometric overhead perspective that Earthbound had. This game would really benefit from current graphics, too.

The Shining Force Trilogy(Especially 2 & 3): While they might be more or less copies of Fire Emblem, they were good copies, and unlike Fire Emblem, it was actually released in the West (something Nintendo didn' t rectify ' till just recently). I haven' t even had a chance to play 3.

Fire Emlem (the original games): While I' m on the subject of games that should have been translated and brought to the West, I' d like for them to finally translate the early games in this series and bring them to the West. Extra graphical polish would not be necessary, but wouldn' t be argued with. And of course how could I mention games that should be translated without mentioning...

SEIKEN DENSETSU 3: Come on, dammit! This game has achieved almost god-like status among video games (action-RPGs especially), and they didn' t bring it over!? I got a fan-translated ROM of the game, but I just couldn' t play all the way through it...ROMs are not the same.

Good idea with the Goldeneye remake, Majik. That' s probably what everyone was wanting Rogue Agent to be. That would explain why not many people liked the game, they were expecting/comparing it to Goldeneye, and it simply...wasn' t.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 16, 2006 23:29

It was banned in the UK and so i had to play a copied import instead. The engine was used and the game changed to Wu Tang: Taste the Pain which was pretty rubbish.

It was never released in North America either, so I' d like to know where you got your import from? I had a copy that got ripped off the net and burned to disc. I have to say it was a high quality game.
Gamer

• Total Posts : 160
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 17, 2006 01:49
I think they could make an awesome wii version of Jewel Master.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 17, 2006 11:31
Super Mario 3, fully 3D with online co-op.

Road Rash 64

Dynasty Warriors 4: fuck I can' t wait for DW6

Battletoads: I can' t remember the exact one my brother and I were playing together. However, I can say this for sure, between my brother and I we' ve played over 1000 different games and only a handfull of them were fun enough so that we can both pick up a controller and play together. I don' t get along with him, basically we hate eachother. I honestly don' t remember the last time seeing him and not wanting to kill him, it was probably while playing this game.

Star fox 64

Perfect Dark 64: PD0 is a joke, the should have simply remade the classic.

Crono Trigger: I never played the game and its just too outdated for a spoiled/jaded gamer like myself to enjoy, but I like Akira Toriama and time travel so I think I would have loved this game.

I would add a few Sonic games but I' ll let someone else do it for me.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 17, 2006 21:30
SHHHENMUE!!!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 17, 2006 22:33

ORIGINAL: mxpx182

It was never released in North America either, so I' d like to know where you got your import from? I had a copy that got ripped off the net and burned to disc. I have to say it was a high quality game.

Perhaps it wasn' t an import. I figured it was but it seems it was released on the internet. I had a copied version so it' s likely it was the same as yours.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 17, 2006 22:34
remakes i would love to see:

Castlevania symphony of the night

Final fantasy 6

Flashback , flashback , flashback this should be on top
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 18, 2006 07:52
You read my mind HE, Eternal champions CD is still one of the better playing 2d fighters, i still play it and i spent nearly $200 to get an x-eye with a " sealed" copy of ec-cd.

This very morning i was thinking about this game.

Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 18, 2006 08:14
when i first bought my megadrive, i thought the game was excellent, back then i didn' t have much experien,nce in video games...

10 years later, i played it on an emulator, and i thought the game isn' t that good at all, sure they' re lot of " great" ideas out there, graphics are good, and characters are well designed and charismatic, (rex, xavier, the vampire guy, blade) but i thought the control is rubbish and have you played against the computer, i bet you did then oyu should notice that " A.I" that read your mind cough*cheating*cough.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 18, 2006 08:17
That' s funny cause I didn' t like the game when it was first released and I still don' t like it
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 18, 2006 10:45
Alien Storm
Ristar
Blaster Master (Nes)
Conquest of the Crystal Palace {Data East} What happened to them?
Mystical Ninja
Secret of Mana
Legend Of Oasis/Story of Thor 2 (and one)
Crusader of Centy
Dark Saviour
Blast Chamber
... just a start

X-perts(Tasheil in combat..report combat complete)
That Jurassic park FPS on Snes
Space Hulks (really would benefit from Graphics capabilites of today)
Ghen War (likewise)
The Legend of Zelda Series
RoboCop Vs Terminator
Road Rash Tour de Force
Phantasy Star Series

I want more Golden Oldies.

Shining Force 1-3 and Cd
Dragon Force of course
Blazing Heroes/Mystaria
Burning Rangers
Blue Stinger (Endorphin)
Illbleed (Endorphin)

Man I really want remakes
and Some Games I don' t feel need remakes but rereleases
< Message edited by Kannon -- 18 Jun 06 3:17:37 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 19, 2006 03:50
Well...i hate to be so mainstream,but what the hell...
Final Fantasy 7 remake for the ps3
GamerManX

• Total Posts : 86
RE: Wishful thinking! Remakes - Jun 20, 2006 22:12
Centipede would be a great game with todays graphics
and the adult play factor would be exponentially higher than all the fighting/
pokemon games out today

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages