Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PSP problem PLZ HELP!!!
Minde0511

• Total Posts : 6
PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 06, 2006 21:38
hey i just got my psp and when i hook it up to my laptop (win xp) it cannot recognize the psp. it says there are no drivers installed. plus when i go to update my drivers it cant find any. does anyone know where i can download a driver for my psp?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 07, 2006 11:08
It' s not for your PSP, it wants USB 2.0 drivers (which PSP requires). I don' t think it works with USB 1.0 ports, you should check your manual. Technically if all is well it should just recognise it automatically as an additional storage device.

I presume you followed the instructions and selected USB mode on your PSP?! If so, it' s likely to be an incompatible USB port.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 07, 2006 14:29
I have USB 1.0 and it works perfect with my PC.
And as MajikDra6on said, you did put the PSP in USB mode right?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 7 Jan 06 22:30:49 >
Minde0511

• Total Posts : 6
RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 08, 2006 12:44
yea i did everything the manual say to do but the only problem is that my computer can recognize it. it says i don' t have a driver installed. but when i go to update the driver basically it cannot find any. i was wondering if there is anyone out there having the same problem and if anyone knows any website where i could download a driver like that? PLZ someone i really want to hook that thing up to my pc.
ginjirou

RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 08, 2006 13:09
Well that' s stange. I have Windows Me which is really old and bad. When I connected my PSP for the first time it automatically searched for drivers and installed them. I have no idea where my PC found the drivers though. In the PSP perhaps? Anyway you should ask the support for your PC or Microsoft. At the time I installed the drivers for my PSP i had PSP system version 2.1 or something like that. Keep trying.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 8 Jan 06 21:11:33 >
Nitro

RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 08, 2006 15:09
Actually, you' ll probably get better advice from www.pspupdates.net check their forums. Mine worked first time, which was a year ago (import Jap machine on 1.0), and i have XP Pro. I still think it' s a USB problem.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 08, 2006 15:26
I had a problem connecting it to the USB port on the front of my PC. After a bit of searching on google found out about the different types of USB port, plugged it into the USB in the back and it worked fine. The PSP needs a high powerd USB 2 port. Though the USB 1 port on the front it recognised something was connected but said there was a malfunction.
Nitro

RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 08, 2006 16:02
See!

I have 1.0 ports in the front too. I wonder why they do it like that!
ginjirou

RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 09, 2006 04:41
But I have USB 1.0 on the front and it works perfect.
Nitro

RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 09, 2006 04:52

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

But I have USB 1.0 on the front and it works perfect.

Really? Well, it doesn' t in mine, i have to use the USB 2.0 ports in the back. Wierd!
ginjirou

RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 09, 2006 09:56
Maybe it has something to do with the PSP model number? I have PSP-1004K
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 9 Jan 06 17:56:39 >
Nitro

RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 09, 2006 15:44
I got me a PSP 1000K, got it when it was launched in Japan. Got it from LikSang and it still cost less to have it shipped over than the price PSP was launched in the UK in Sept 05, and i' d had it 9 months by that time.

Anyhoo, i don' t know if the model number would affect it. If the guy is seriously having problems then he should just ring Sony' s helpline.
ginjirou

RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 10, 2006 04:20
Hmm ok. There is a really strange thing with my PSP and I don' t know if this is what it' s supposed to be or if it' s just my unit. The speakers are at the bottom of the console pointing down. That is, below the unit. I mean, the holes in the front, which is supposed to be the speakers, doesn' t give any sound at all. Instead two holes at the bottom,which look just like the front speakers, give all sound. When I turn the bottom against me, the sound is great, so the speakers are fine. But when I turn the PSP with the screen facing me, the sound is pretty bad since it is directed down towards my feet. Now, is this some terrible design by Sony or is it my unit that' s different?
Nitro

RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 10, 2006 05:52

Hmm ok. There is a really strange thing with my PSP and I don' t know if this is what it' s supposed to be or if it' s just my unit. The speakers are at the bottom of the console pointing down. That is, below the unit. I mean, the holes in the front, which is supposed to be the speakers, doesn' t give any sound at all. Instead two holes at the bottom,which look just like the front speakers, give all sound. When I turn the bottom against me, the sound is great, so the speakers are fine. But when I turn the PSP with the screen facing me, the sound is pretty bad since it is directed down towards my feet. Now, is this some terrible design by Sony or is it my unit that' s different?

LOL!!

Ha, no they' re all the same. The speakers are at the bottom, the thing on the fron that look like speakers are mini vents. Supposedly it' s the only place Sony could put them, and supposedly if they weren' t there your PSP would get too hot and crash (though some do anyway).

Anyone who gets a PSP should dump the foam case they got with it and buy a nice sturdy leather one, and some sort of cleaner for removing nasty fingerprints (the white PSP doesn' t suffer half as bad from fingerprints).

I' m annoyed that some UMD' s like Kill Bill are in widescreen and can' t be zoomed in on. I realise if it wasn' t, then some of the picture would be missing but i hadn' t previously though about different formats would affect it. I mean Snatch, Layer Cake, Swat, FF:AC etc are all full screen. Sucks!
ginjirou

RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 10, 2006 11:08
Why the HELL did they point the speakers down? My ears are where my head is, not where my feet is.
Are you sure we are talking about the same holes? I' m talking about the two at each side of the screen, near the bottom of the screen which are about 5mm wide and 2mm high. Those aren' t giving any sound.
My speakers are positioned where the headphone and power adapter wholes are.
I looked at a picture by Sony (don' t know if it was the manuall or some website) and on that picture there was arrows pointing at the two front holes (mini-vents as you say it is) saying that they are speakers.
???
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 10 Jan 06 19:14:34 >
Nitro

RE: PSP problem PLZ HELP!!! - Jan 10, 2006 12:23

Why the HELL did they point the speakers down? My ears are where my head is, not where my feet is.
Are you sure we are talking about the same holes? I' m talking about the two at each side of the screen, near the bottom of the screen which are about 5mm wide and 2mm high. Those aren' t giving any sound.
My speakers are positioned where the headphone and power adapter wholes are.
I looked at a picture by Sony (don' t know if it was the manuall or some website) and on that picture there was arrows pointing at the two front holes (mini-vents as you say it is) saying that they are speakers.
???

Yeah, when i got mine i though exactly as you did, but the speakers are positioned there, where the silver bit is. I know it' s strange and the sound quality without headphones is terrible, but yeah that' s what they did. They had to put vents somewhere and i guess they couldn' t put the fans somewhere else and ended up like it did.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll