Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 School? How much left?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
School? How much left? - Apr 20, 2004 02:33
Is anyone nearing the end of their school year (if they are in school)?
Just wondering. I have one more final exam on Wednesday and then I am finished for the summer
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: School? How much left? - Apr 20, 2004 03:16
I got put on Academic Probation. Basically they send me hoem for 3 weeks with a lot of packets to do and i have to have them done before the 3 weeks is up...i finished in the firts 2 days sooo ya. School doesnt officially end for me til June 4th. So i technically got another 6 weeks i think.
RavenShadow

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 20, 2004 03:29
What did you get put on probation for?
I' m done on wednesday (as mentioned) then start work in like the 2nd week in May.
Mass X

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 20, 2004 03:36
Its funny..I' m constantly causing trouble of all sorts, but the one thing that gets me put on AP is poor attendence. At least I still get to graduate on time.

What day yer school year start? Does yer whole school pretty much finish on that day?
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: School? How much left? - Apr 20, 2004 04:32
I finish up HS in roughly 4 weeks. I start college next August, beginning the next phase of my education.[:' (]
RavenShadow

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 20, 2004 05:26
You got put on AP for not attending class? Doesn' t that not really make sense?
You don' t come to class so stay home for a couple weeks!

School started first week of september.
I' m in university already, will be going into my 5th year next september
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: School? How much left? - Apr 20, 2004 21:20
I have about 13 days left. I' ll have probably 1 or 2 exams and will be exempt from the rest for good grades. After that I graduate high school and have a couple months of vacation. Then it' s off to the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale for college.
Mass X

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 20, 2004 23:05
I was thinking about heading to A.I. in Cali. Ahg I' m way to unorganized I better get my act together fast.
RavenShadow

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 21, 2004 06:10
I have my last exam in 6 hours.
It' s 3:00 am here right now.
Still have an hour or two of studying to go but then I will be all finished for the year in about 8 - 9 hours
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: School? How much left? - Apr 21, 2004 20:02
Nice, your all pretty lucky. I finish June 8 Thats like 30 some days left for me.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: School? How much left? - Apr 21, 2004 21:33
I won' t be done for another five years. I started grad school in september, so we have no end until we graduate. No final exams though, that is pleasant, but no summer vacation, that is not so fun
RavenShadow

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 22, 2004 01:21
I' m considering going to grad school
What are you studying?
Rikka

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 23, 2004 00:11
I am studying cell biology. I am looking at models of metal associated neurodegeneration. I love grad school, it is so much more fun than undergrad study. What were you considering studying?
RavenShadow

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 23, 2004 02:50
Not really sure
Im doing research on the effects cannabinoids on pain now
Some kind of area in neuroscience
Rikka

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 23, 2004 04:18
Neuroscience is fascinating. We are working on a Drosophila model right now, i am learning how inadequate my knowledge of a fly brain really is . I love research and I love grad school, but it isn' t for everyone. If there is an opportunity for you to get a summer research job, or do an honours project go for it. As well, make sure you really are interested in the topic you choose, otherwise it can be a pain in the ass (or so i have heard, I am lucky and things are going amazingly well for me *kncok wood*)
Mass X

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 23, 2004 05:08
...Wow I couldnt understand a damn thing you 2 were talking about ... I was breaking down the words til I got to " Drosophila" . ....wow
RavenShadow

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 23, 2004 06:49
I did a genetics project with Drosophila for one of my classes two years ago.
I just finished my honours thesis this year and have been working in a behavioural neuroscience lab for the past 2 and a half years.
Problem is I think I am getting tired of it and might want to do something different.
Not sure if I' m cut out/feel like going to grad school
Rikka

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 24, 2004 21:54
LOL Sorry MassX, us scientists get into our mumbo jumbo and there is no stopping us!

RavenShadow, research isn' t for everyone, and if you are getting bored of your area, I advise you to look around a bit more. Research is fun and enjoyable, and it really depends on who you are working with. My department is awesome, my supervisor is amazing and my lab mates are wonderful. The rest of the grad students in the department also provide such a great atmoshpere, that Ic an' t imagine how someone couldn' t enjoy it.

My advice, look around, find something that interests you - for me it was the synchrotron - talk to the people spearheading the project. Get to know them, and if you are interested, talk to the people in the lab. Their grad students, technicians, get a feel for what kind of people they are and what the PI is like. Remember, you ahve to sepnd the next 2-7 years of your life with this project and these people, it isn' t so easy to get out once you are in.

I see you are out in the Maritimes, I hail from Saskatchewan myself, are you planning on staying out east, or are you willing to relocate?
RavenShadow

RE: School? How much left? - Apr 26, 2004 03:13
Yea my supervisor is kind of a cranky guy so I go into the lab not really knowing what to expect in terms of his mood.
Not the greatest atmosphere.

Haven' t decided yet. I have been looking at schools out west but haven' t done much more than just check out websites
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: School? How much left? - Apr 26, 2004 20:13
Geez, I can hardly understand tenth grade biology!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message