Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 If you had your choice, would you pick wireless or corded controllers and headsets?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
If you had your choice, would you pick wireless or corded controllers and headsets? - Oct 15, 2004 13:56
Personally, I prefer cordless.

However, there' s nothing like having your batteries go bad in the middle of a game...and for that reason, corded controllers and headsets are the ' safe' way to go.

Which do you prefer...wireless or corded controllers and headsets?

To give you a little time to think...read this news article.

Logitech unveils cordless Xbox headset

Wires-free voice chat solution will ship this fall, includes two free months of Xbox Live service for $79.99.

See it » Logitech today announced that it will bring Xbox gamers one step closer to total wireless freedom when the peripheral manufacturer ships the Logitech Cordless Headset for the Xbox this fall. Retailing for $79.99--about $40 more than the standard Xbox headset--the unit will be officially licensed by Microsoft and will include the ubiquitous two-month free trial coupon for Xbox Live.

Using 2.4GHz technology, the headset will provide audio input and output that' s optimized for a range of up to 30 feet. The headset features a rechargeable battery that can be powered up with an included AC adapter. Battery life is " up to six hours."

Ironically, most of the need for a wireless Xbox headset comes from the redesign of Logitech' s wireless Precision controller for the Xbox. The only real issue with the otherwise well-designed Precision controller is that the memory card slots are attached to the transceiver, which plugs into the Xbox console. This means that Xbox Live players are still attached to the console by a rather short cord. The introduction of the Logitech Cordless Headset means that Xbox Live players can finally be fully wireless. But for now, at least, freedom doesn' t come cheaply.

By Chris Kohler -- GameSpot

yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: If you had your choice, would you pick wireless or corded controllers and headsets? - Oct 15, 2004 14:58
I' ve never actually used a wireless controller, so I wouldn' t know if I liked that better or not. I do like this new Logitech Wireless headset though. So many times I have been playing Xbox Live and I' ll jerk my head a certain way and my headset will come unplugged, which then sets off a very comical scramble, lol.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: If you had your choice, would you pick wireless or corded controllers and headsets? - Oct 15, 2004 16:54
Wireless all the way. I have wireless controllers for the GameCube, PS2, and Xbucket. Love em.

I have no use for headsets.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: If you had your choice, would you pick wireless or corded controllers and headsets? - Oct 15, 2004 22:33
Wires don' t bother me, and I like the original controllers offered with each system best anyway. The wireless headset for the Xbox will cost $100 according to the latest EGM. Yikes!
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: If you had your choice, would you pick wireless or corded controllers and headsets? - Oct 15, 2004 23:04
Are you shitting me? Well that' s definately out of my price range, lol. Guess I' ll be doing more of the mad scrambles than I was planning on.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: If you had your choice, would you pick wireless or corded controllers and headsets? - Oct 16, 2004 02:26
The day sony releases a wireless PS2 controller, I will be one happy girl. The Wavebird for Gamecube is awesome, and it makes life so much easier (especially when playing a multiperson game like Worms). The battery thing is a nuisance, so is having your opponent change your channel, just so they can have the advantage.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll