Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DUKE NUKEM ...Need I Say More? Just Read The Post!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
DUKE NUKEM ...Need I Say More? Just Read The Post! - Sep 28, 2004 13:08
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER GETS PHYSICAL

3D Realms' long-awaited sequel still very much in development as the studio announces employment of Meqon physics engine

9:56 Swedish company Meqon, which describes itself as an " up and comer in the physics middleware industry" , has revealed that its physics technology has been signed up by 3D Realms for the notorious Duke Nukem Forever.
According to Meqon, its physics engine can handle basic rigid body simulation and " character and vehicle enhanced physics as well" . It' ll be interesting to see how the technology stacks up against the Havok physics engine, which among other games has been used for Half-Life 2.

If 3D Realms is happy to sign up Meqon' s physics technology for its high-profile FPS though, we imagine it' s more than competent.

Speaking about Meqon' s physics engine, 3D Realms' CEO George Broussard has stated: " We evaluated several physics SDK' s and Meqon was really fast, had the cleanest interface and integrated into our game very quickly."

" With its advanced feature set, we feel confident that Meqon' s next generation physics engine can help us create the next generation of action games" .

Stuart Bishop
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: DUKE NUKEM ...Need I Say More? Just Read The Post! - Sep 28, 2004 13:29
hmm the last build I seen of this game was really really choppy and outdated looking, but that was ages ago. Im a big fan of Havok, but im really interested in seeing how this new engine will run.
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: DUKE NUKEM ...Need I Say More? Just Read The Post! - Oct 11, 2004 17:45
are you kidding!?!? it is Duke Freakin' Nukem man. Havok Physics? you think i buy game becuase they might have it or not. " Hey it is Fable, i thing i should get, oh wait it does not have the Havok Physics in so i thik o will not buy it." Duke is the man and should have came out sooner.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: DUKE NUKEM ...Need I Say More? Just Read The Post! - Oct 11, 2004 22:04
I agree.

It has been way too long, since the last Duke nukem title has been released...

Long live DUKE NUKEM!!!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message