Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 24, 2004 18:33
I consider myself a gaming veteran with a past as a hardcore gamer.

I used to play whenever I got the chance, read and dreamed about videogames, and would talk to interested (and some not-so-interested) individuals about gaming so much so that it was a 24/7/365 endeavor.

While on another website, I came across a story about this kid that seems to be as hardcore as ever.

You read the article...then provide your feedback...

GBA ADDICT HAS SENSE TASERED INTO HIM...

Police in the US move in on schoolboy to disarm him of his GameBoy

16:01 We all know how it is when you just can' t stop playing. Fingers crossed, none of us will ever be on the wrong end of a taser gun to make goddamn sure that we do! This is the tale of an 14-year-old American boy who took his love for GameBoy that one step too far...
It all started when the pupil of Lincoln Park High School in North Carolina, US, refused to stop playing GameBoy during class, according to the UK' s Carlisle News & Star, which reported the incident.

Consequently young Johnny GameBoy was ordered to haul ass to the principal' s office and explain himself. When the principal demanded that the boy hand over his pride and joy, the little guy refused - deciding to kick some principal-ass instead! Apparently it was the school liaison officer who got the worst of this when he tried searching the maniac kid.

Police were duly summoned, and arrived to find it all still kicking off. One of the officers wasted no time unleashing his taser gun to either put an end to all this madness, or catapult it into the Ridiculous Hall of Fame depending on how you look at it.

According to the police, the taser " stopped him for a moment and then he started fighting again."

Must' ve been approaching a vital save point, that' s all we can put it down to.

Paul Davies
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 25, 2004 00:13
Whoa.... Hahah It' s so sad I can' t help but laugh Oh hahaha. I am kinda hardcore... only when it comes to Nintendo games such as Mario Party, Mario Power Tennis and so on. I can' t stop playing them and when I have a group of friends I am all over it and some call me a cheater heh.
< Message edited by Starman Anthony -- 11/25/2004 12:16:31 AM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 25, 2004 00:53
People have pretty much always considered me to be a hardcore gamer.

I on the other hand have always thought of myself as a gaming enthusiast, paying close attention to all aspects of the industry - especially what goes on behind the scenes.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 25, 2004 02:47
My husband believes I' m an addict, my mother thinks I' m insane, my kids don' t care as long as I keep buying them video games -- the only ones who understand me is my brother and Kikizo

PS: Wouldn' t the tazer ruin his GBA (weird).
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 25, 2004 04:22

my brother and Kikizo

one and the same ;)
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 25, 2004 05:44
That' s not hardcore, that' s insane.

The kid needs help.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 25, 2004 16:54
Insane? Nah! Obsessed maybe.
DaRoosh65

RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 26, 2004 14:00
It is my belief that the kid should have shown the proper respect and stopped playing - especially in class!

But to taser him, to get him to stop, that sounds like they may have gone too far to accomplish their task.

I will admit, though, that there are times during gameplay when I don' t want to stop...too caught up in the game or need to reach the next save-point...stuff like that...

The kid could have just ' paused' the game, put it in a safe place until after class, and resumed it then.

The word ' obsessive' comes to my mind as well...
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 11/26/2004 2:00:40 PM >
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 27, 2004 20:40
i consider my self a harcore gamer because i play like every day for hours and i never use cheats.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 28, 2004 15:16
It' s a funny news story, thanks for sharing that Daroosh! I agree with you, tazering him might have been a bit too extreme... but if he was being violent and then there are only some things you can do. He might be ' hardcore' but the kid is also a ' dumbass' .

I like to think I' m hardcore but probably aren' t. I like to think I' m good at games in general and like to keep up to date with game news. I own all current generation consoles in an effort to ty and play all the best games. One downside is that I' m only one of a few people I know who likes games to such an extent. Because of this it' s hard to find people' s asses to kick on multiplayer games ^_^ That’s why I’ve started my X-Box Live fund
Cyco2oo4

• Total Posts : 8
RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 28, 2004 15:38
How would you define hardcore? Someone who plays games of all genres, have over 300 video game magazines lying under his bed, has around 20 systems around the house, tries to beat every game he owns a numerous amount of times, buys all the new games when they come out, AND goes to on video game forum to brag about it?

DaRoosh65

RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 29, 2004 19:02
Cyco2004,

I invite you to a previous thread concerning the defining gamer levels...

Click here.

Read down the first page, from the top.

I think you will enjoy reading that thread...
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: Do You Consider Yourself A Hardcore Gamer? - Nov 30, 2004 16:24
no stopped to think about one thing......... how big was this kid? i mean if he " Whooped ass" then this kid was a Ninja on the low or this kid was massavie. and if you think about it, the first thing the cop did was taser him? if the cop thought that once he got there the only thing to do was to taser him then you got to think " How ass was being whipped that cop did not even get involed?" if there is anything to be learned here is........ play your gameboy, it is equal spinich

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll