Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Killzone 2 At E3.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 09, 2007 04:38

March 7, 2007 - As a " special thanks" for the media that attended his pre-GDC conference last night, Sony Computer Entertainment' s President of Worldwide Studios, Phil Harrison unveiled the first in-game footage of Killzone ever seen. However, we did see it with a few caveats.

" Please remember that we' re showing you this footage as an example of our technology," stated Harrison before running the b-roll. " Keep that in mind when looking at it and don' t think of it as looking at the game directly."

The technology that Phil was referring to is " PlayStation Edge," a new advanced graphics tool that' s meant to simplify PS3 development. The package comes complete with RSX performance analyzer and GCMReplay.

Following his brief statements, the footage played on multiple HD screens and showed off both ISA and Helghast soldiers blasting the bejesus of each other. The best way to describe how the aftermath looked is that it' s " BLACK" for the next generation. There was a high level of destructibility as the bullets flew, and some seemingly-purposeful moments of slowdown (as in bullet-time, not a technical hitch).

As the footage came to a close, the word " E3" flashed on the screen followed by Harrison' s confirmation that July is when we' d see the game next

- IGN

So looks like the new Killzone is takeing asdantage of sony new Edge stuff, If I read it correctly. Hopefully we will see something good, Nobody expects the e3 2005 trailer visuals.

This also means e3 2007 wont be that bad....
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 8 Mar 07 20:39:13 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 09, 2007 04:48
Good stuff. Now I just need to find a video of that demo they did. Hopefully Gamevideos.com will have it soon.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 09, 2007 05:54
I can' t wait to see the new Killzone. I' ve spoken with a group of Sony fans at my school who are totally clueless and actually expect Killzone to look like how it was shown at E3 ' 05. I' ve argued that the PS3 isn' t a super computer with these idiots for 2 hours (spare). I can' t wait to see their dreams crushed.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 09, 2007 06:04
I like how they mentioned Black. They' re a bit late though because i mentioned it way back in mid-Nov

But yeah, it' ll look great and it' ll definitely look better than Halo 3, they just need to nail the gameplay this time.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 09, 2007 06:09

I can' t wait to see the new Killzone. I' ve spoken with a group of Sony fans at my school who are totally clueless and actually expect Killzone to look like how it was shown at E3 ' 05. I' ve argued that the PS3 isn' t a super computer with these idiots for 2 hours (spare). I can' t wait to see their dreams crushed.

It' s sad that so many gamers are complete idiots. Even the best computers you could make right now couldn' t produce visuals like that.

Every console has its fair share of dipshits. I would like to see a contest pitting fanboys of each console against each other in seemingly easy tasks that would have a fanboy of each consolet working in teams consisting of 3. Normally I would say this is a bad idea, and could never make it on TV, but look at reality TV today. By todays standards, this deserves a shot.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 09, 2007 07:07

But yeah, it' ll look great and it' ll definitely look better than Halo 3, they just need to nail the gameplay this time

with a budget of over 20mil and a team over a 100, I cant imagine it being crap. not yet anyway.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 09, 2007 07:09

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

March 7, 2007 - As a " special thanks" for the media that attended his pre-GDC conference last night, Sony Computer Entertainment' s President of Worldwide Studios, Phil Harrison unveiled the first in-game footage of Killzone ever seen. However, we did see it with a few caveats.

" Please remember that we' re showing you this footage as an example of our technology," stated Harrison before running the b-roll. " Keep that in mind when looking at it and don' t think of it as looking at the game directly."

- IGN

So looks like the new Killzone is takeing asdantage of sony new Edge stuff, If I read it correctly. Hopefully we will see something good, Nobody expects the e3 2005 trailer visuals.

This also means e3 2007 wont be that bad....

Wow, that quote screams damage control. While I agree, nobody with half a brain expects the E305 standards, there are a lot of stupid and naiive people out there who lap up everything Sony says to them. You also have the ignorant average Joe consumer too.

It' ll look good no doubt. The first Killzone looked great for a PS2 game. But they need to make the game not suck this time around.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 09, 2007 07:27
After playing Killzone, why would I care about the sequal?

And on a related note, what has guerilla games made worth playing? Other than the top-down PSP version of Killzone.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 09, 2007 10:50

After playing Killzone, why would I care about the sequal?

To quote a lovely song, " Killzone 1, sucked before. What made you think we wanted more?"
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 10, 2007 07:59
I was always a kill zone fan...never said that it was going to be a Halo Killer though. Though it didn' t have a solid Sp and the MP was the only part I was interested in It was a little disappointing to me. But still ok. I am glad to see a sequel, already seen some screens of it. However,

he best way to describe how the aftermath looked is that it' s " BLACK" for the next generation.

Black looked great for the ps2 but didn' t play as well and didn' t live up to the Hype. I Have it still. So is it that it will look gorgeous and play not as good....
Nitro

RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 10, 2007 08:16

ORIGINAL: the_shadowwolf

I am glad to see a sequel, already seen some screens of it.

Um, i don' t know how to break this to you, but no, you haven' t.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 10, 2007 08:28
When i said screens I didn' t mean screen shots of actual gameplay. Just screens from the trailer promo.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=5833&type=mov&pl=game

Sorry if I misinformed.
< Message edited by the_shadowwolf -- 10 Mar 07 0:34:44 >
Nitro

RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 10, 2007 08:50
Killzone had better art direction and weapon design than Halo/2, but lacked much feeling.

I' ve never been a fan of fps games on PS2, otherwise i' d probably rate Killzone higher, but it felt like a bad combination of Half Life 2 and Call of Duty and aped neither successfully. Halo just feels right and it' s perfectly balanced but personally i think the game lacks cool art direction.

Black is probably the best console fps i' ve played. I just hope Guerrilla have taken some pointers because if the decision was mine i' d have actually asked Criterion to develop the sequel to Killzone and i' m betting the two have a similar visual style and Black 2 is the better game...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 12, 2007 04:20

It' ll look good no doubt. The first Killzone looked great for a PS2 game. But they need to make the game not suck this time around.

Killzone was anything but technically amazing, but they made up for it with some cool filters, and some interesting effects. Too bad the filters made everything look like I was running it through RF.

Oh... and on topic. KILLZONE 2!!!! WOOT!!!!!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 11 Mar 07 20:20:36 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 12, 2007 04:57

Every console has its fair share of dipshits.

No one can compete with this dumbass that went to my school. He did nothing but play world of warcraft and never had a girlfriend and never changed his shirt, and he was so fat his stomach hung out of his shirt, and he massacred cheesy puffs at lunch every day. And he said that a ps2 could play 360 games because Phil Harrison said that ps2 could adapt to anything
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 12, 2007 10:35

No one can compete with this dumbass that went to my school. He did nothing but play world of warcraft and never had a girlfriend and never changed his shirt, and he was so fat his stomach hung out of his shirt, and he massacred cheesy puffs at lunch every day. And he said that a ps2 could play 360 games because Phil Harrison said that ps2 could adapt to anything

Haha, I think we have all met people similar (maybe not to that extreme) that act like morons. I' m reserving judgement until I not only know more about the gameplay, but view an entire session of gameplay.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Killzone 2 At E3. - Mar 13, 2007 03:36

Haha, I think we have all met people similar (maybe not to that extreme) that act like morons. I' m reserving judgement until I not only know more about the gameplay, but view an entire session of gameplay.

Yeah, I' d pay to see the Edge Tech-Demo... which just does happen to feature Killzone as a delivery medium. Which in turn means that Guerilla is being hushed-up from showing real gameplay, or, for that matter, anything created on a dev-kit untill E3.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll