Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Doom 3 won' t come out until 2005 on Xbox!
Despot

• Total Posts : 2
Doom 3 won' t come out until 2005 on Xbox! - Aug 16, 2004 03:13
id CEO Todd Hollenshead said, " We can' t say, at this point, that it' s going to come out this year."
Copyright Gamespot.

What do you think about this?
< Message edited by Despot -- 8/16/2004 3:22:37 AM >
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Doom 3 won' t come out until 2005 on Xbox! - Aug 16, 2004 03:42
I don' t find it all that surprising. You know id' s attitude of " it' ll be done when it' s done"

Atleast you know they are going to try to make it as good as possible. Don' t mac users have to wait until ' 05 to get a version of doom?
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Doom 3 won' t come out until 2005 on Xbox! - Aug 16, 2004 10:17
They' re working on a new game(or so they say ), so you' ll probably have to wait till then for the x version to come out. But hey, at least it' s coming out eh?!
Zotty

• Total Posts : 41
RE: Doom 3 won' t come out until 2005 on Xbox! - Aug 16, 2004 10:34
I heard this to but I also read different stories that Doom3 is still going to be released this year. I just find it odd that they say something like that since Id isnt really creating the Xbox version of Doom but Vicarious Visions is. And I dont see any logic why a new game project at Id would delay VV' s Doom3 development :)

I still got my hopes up for an October release.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Doom 3 won' t come out until 2005 on Xbox! - Aug 18, 2004 02:08
According to the PC reviews, there were complaints that the environments are too dark, the game seemed too easy, and there was too much repetition without variance.

Also, there was at least one complaint concerning plenty of chainsaws on Mars. Also, players could not use their flashlight and weapon simultaneously.

Hopefully, they are taking the time to correct some of these issues before the XBOX release.

Personally, I welcome a delay. Gives me time and some extra cash to purchase other fall releases.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 8/18/2004 2:11:07 AM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message