Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3/Wii-bayers got fnorked
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
PS3/Wii-bayers got fnorked - Oct 17, 2006 05:09
just kikizo' s page about the Wii-Orders

It didn' t suprise me they all flew off the shelves, but what did suprise me is Ebay taking action, & closing down PS3 & Wii auctions. Some say it' s unfair, & some say they got what was coming to them. I' m personally of two minds, If people will pay, I say let ' em sell, but it does no good to the people who are left empty handed on launch.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: PS3/Wii-bayers got fnorked - Oct 17, 2006 05:31
It seemed a sure fire investment for me to double my money before getting married...

Although I don' t know if it' s as feasable in the UK as Sony should have lots more stock for the European launch.

I can' t say I' m upset, it amounts to no more than touting, and I think Ebay should be putting a stop to all forms of it.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PS3/Wii-bayers got fnorked - Oct 17, 2006 05:48
Well, but then who decides what is taking advantage of consumers, and what' s supply and demand? That' s where it gets into the grey areas, It' s not right to deprive somebody who' s saved for a year, who actually wants to buy one to enjoy it, just so you can make a buck or two, that' s pretty universal.

But they' re gonna have a hard time enforcing that with any sort of policy. They could hammer them with the 400% inflation they' re asking, but if someone set it a hundred-or-so over launch price, I' m not sure they could justly shut them down.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: PS3/Wii-bayers got fnorked - Oct 17, 2006 08:15
That' s misleading.

If someone actually has a PS3 in their hands on launch day and wants to sell it on ebay for $10,000 by all means they can.

There' s people putting up auctions for pre-orders GUARANTEEING systems on launch day, which is obviously a scam because if an official Retailer can' t guarantee any systems, neither can some one on ebay.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 17 Oct 06 0:17:20 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: PS3/Wii-bayers got fnorked - Oct 17, 2006 08:16
No grey areas for me. It' s obviously not a fair scheme and taking complete advantage of the system for money' s sake. We lay into games companies for selling out. Scalping is the same. (Only because I know a lot of buyers consent on the spur of the moment and regret it afterwards)

Imo Ebay are completely doing the right thing. ....or are they just cancelling auctions because obviously none of them guarantee a unit??

EDIT: ah ok well cancelling pre-order auctions is obviously fair enough..
< Message edited by choupolo -- 17 Oct 06 0:23:33 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: PS3/Wii-bayers got fnorked - Oct 17, 2006 08:23
They' re cancelling auctions because it' s easier to have the greedy PS3bay-ers hate them than the people who actually want to play them.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll