Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman film news
Shiek Abdul III

• Total Posts : 26
Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman film news - Mar 24, 2003 12:32
Superman: " This project is still very much a go-picture. There should be a new director within days. It' s been known that Brett was leaving the picture for quite a while, so other directors have been on stand-by per se.

The problem between the studio and Brett was that Brett liked a young actor named Matthew Bomer for the role, believing an unknown might work.

Unfortunately, the studio didn' t see this way and were determined to cast Brendan Fraser in the role. At the end of the day, it was an unwinnable fight - and both parties caved in.

Another actor was bought in named David Boreanaz, who stars in television' s " Angel" . Both quite liked David, and believing that his series mightn' t be coming back for another season - was eager to do it. But at the 11th hour, word was through that his series would be continuing and he wouldn' t have time to do the film.

There are rumours that they liked David though, so are considering him for the next " Batman" movie which " Memento" genius, Chris Nolan is doing.

An official announcement should be through on that shortly. As it stands there are a couple of contenders, a young man named Henry Cavill is in talks this week, and seems to be going well there. Unfortunately it' s not certain whether Anthony Hopkins will play the role of Jor-El, he was merely doing that as a favour to Brett, and with Brett not involved it' s all a bit up in the air" .

Batman: The Frightening: Superhero Hype reports that Warners has purchased both BatmanTheFrightening.com and BatmanTheFrightening.net domain names, whilst an apparent review of the script has appeared online: " The fact that things are happening in his [Bruce Wayne' s] head at the same time the story is actually taking place is done very well, and i really enjoyed the scenes when he is locked in Arkham and sees The Joker again.... it gave a good insight into Bruce' s emotions as well when he thinks he has failed, and I love when he knows he is dying so he goes after The Scarecrow in more of a suicide mission. I liked the batsuit, and how it was almost a character in itself, and the Batmobile had a decent chase scene. I liked the quick little intro of Barbara Gordon. It fits Nolan' s directing style like a black winged, leather glove" . Thanks to ' Jose' , ' Joe' , ' Jon' , ' Joel' & ' Sarah'

The Punisher & Wonder Woman: E! Online talked with the newly buffed up but devilishly charming Thomas Jane at the recent " Dreamcatcher" premiere about his comments recently whether he' d be up for the role of ' The Punisher' : " I' ve been told not to talk about it" came the gruff reply although he confirmed he' d been hitting the gym a lot recently to build up - whether its for this is unsure, though E! restated earlier rumours that Kurt Russell could possibly slip on the skulled black T-shirt. At the same premiere Joel Silver confirmed that the " Wonder Woman" project is dead for at least immediate future - " I' m not going to do Wonder Woman until I really feel that we have the material that really will make it cool. I don' t want to just put another superhero movie out there and say, ' Okay, so that one' s done.' I don' t want to do that" . Thanks to ' FanHalen' .

One word : Raaaaaaaarse!
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman film news - Mar 27, 2003 20:38
Frankly I' m not keen on any of these remakes.
Jennifer K

• Total Posts : 24
RE: Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman film news - Mar 31, 2003 11:31
WAITING. FOR. SPIDER-MAN 2.

(OH AND X2 AS WELL)
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman film news - Mar 31, 2003 18:01
Oh yeah, they' ll rock!

Lets hopw Tobey Maguire can get his back sorted tho...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman film news - Apr 01, 2003 02:29
For all you big comic book(mainly spider-man) fans, who wants to see Venom in a movie? *Raises both hands as high as they can go!*
Jennifer K

• Total Posts : 24
RE: Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman film news - Apr 01, 2003 16:47
Venom would ROOL!
Shiek Abdul III

• Total Posts : 26
RE: Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman film news - Apr 02, 2003 10:29
I hope with all desperation in the world that they put Venom in a film.

He. Is. Awesome.

So many actors could play the part of Eddie Brock well. Which is nice.

Maybe they' re saving him for Spiderman 3.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll