Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ringu
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
Ringu - Feb 14, 2004 04:29
I decided to rent " Ringu" in place of " The Ring" when I finally decided to watch a scary movie alone in the dark. In case you dont know, " Ringu" is the orginal 1998 Japanese release of what is better known as the Hollywood remake " The Ring" .

Well I heard that the original was still the best so it seemed the logical choice. The dvd is in Japanese with English subtitles. No extras. Notin.

I have always been fascinated with Japanese culture so this was more enjoyable for me then perhaps it would be for people who dont like foreign flicks.

Anyway, on to the movie:

I found it very entertaining. The first 10-20 minutes definitely made me uneasy. The meat and potatoes of the movie was good with few scares, followed up with some good scares right towards the end. The story itself is actually pretty interesting with a neat little twist in the end. Overall the quality of the movie was very high, with a good picture and sound. The acting was convincing enough and the story was detailed. Perhaps there were a few holes in the plot here and there..but compared to alot of movies it holds its own.

I would not buy this movie but I would recommend it to anyone as a good renter. I dont know how much better or maybe worse then The Ring this movie is having not seen the Ring, I guess you will have to figure that out for yourself.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll