Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The next generation is here, but which console is the best?
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
The next generation is here, but which console is the best? - Jul 26, 2004 00:10
The PS2, X-Box and Gamecube have been kicking about for a good while now and have all had varying degrees of success. At the moment the PS2 seems to have done the best with everyone and their dog owning one. The X-Box and Gamecube have been left scrapping of what remains of the market with Gamecube first pulling ahead but now X-Box looking happy in second place.

I' m lucky enough to finally own all three current consoles and can get the best of all worlds but I' ve noticed something really shocking. The console I got first, my PS2 is now the one I find myself caring the least about. I probably play on my PS2 more than my Gamecube but at the moment I' m more excited about the new Zelda game than almost anything coming my way on the PS2. And what is coming on the PS2 are all sequels too. GTA, Smackdown and Metal Gear Solid.

Thats all good and well but really the console I' m most happy to own right now is my X-Box. I don' t know why but I just feel more happy with it than with the other two. The purring of the machine brings a smile to my face as it starts up. The pulsating green logo on the start-up screen has me staring at the TV in anticipation of my next session on Splinter Cell / Dead or Alive 3 / Star Wars KOTOR (ect). And at the moment it' s the console with the *most* games I' m looking foward to. Sudeki, Fabel, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Splinter Cell 3... and it' s the console that really does all multiformat games the best, I reckon.

But thats just my opinion. What do you lot think?
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 7/26/2004 12:12:16 AM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message