Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii control method
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
Wii control method - Jan 07, 2007 00:49
Since I got it on December 2nd , I’ve been enjoying my Wii a great deal, not necessarily because of the new control scheme though.

Sure, the remote offers FPS’s and the like far more precision, making for a far more appealing way to target your foes, but games such as Zelda, I could quite happily play on a standard controller and receive just as much enjoyment from it.

Apart from the aforementioned FPS’s, (and I know very well that’s it’s a bit early to say so) but I’ve not yet played any games that have been enhanced to any great extent by the remote and nun chuck. Sure, I find it fun and novel to shake about the two, but I don’t think a lot of games are going to be made better with this new control method, thankfully they aren’t going to get worse either.

I’m well aware that it’s very early and will remain open minded about the Wii and its motion sensing, but for now it’s merely a fun new method that is neither better or worse than a good old fashioned standard controller. It beats a joystick by a country mile though

In these early stages do you think the Wii enhances any games (other than the obvious such as FPS‘s) or would you too be just as happy, with a standard pad in your hands?
< Message edited by Calintz -- 6 Jan 07 16:50:19 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Wii control method - Jan 07, 2007 00:55

I could quite happily play on a standard controller and receive just as much enjoyment from it.

I could still enjoy Zelda with a standard controller but the more I play with the Wii controls the more I love the new control scheme. I don' t why, it just feels more natural and more enjoyable to play.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 6 Jan 07 17:04:21 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message