Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Any old XBox games worth playing on the 360 now?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Any old XBox games worth playing on the 360 now? - Feb 05, 2006 08:33
I never had the original XBox, so I get the feeling that I' ve missed out on a few classic titles here and there. I was just wondering what XBox exclusives were worth picking up now that I can play some of the old games on my 360?

The only titles I can think of are Halo 2 and Ninja Gaiden (NG-Black?) I picked up Halo 2 for £12 today, hearing about how it looks better on 360 emulation in 720p and what not, and also to see what all the fuss was about.

Well, tbh it doesnt look that much better but maybe its my monitor. I really like the film-like style and artistic elements, but I get so frustrated playing fps' s without a keyboard and mouse! :P Something about the gameplay makes it quite dull too to be frank, there' s just no variation. Plus the story is too simple, its the hero Master Chief against the aliens and Master Chief wins. Reminds me of films like Independence Day. Master Chief is really Will Smith, even though he sounds like George Clooney! The aliens were more interesting though torturing their ' hero' for failing. Id like to see that alien dude escape and seek retribution along side Master Chief or something (and he probably will..). But sadly I got bored after about 30 mins and turned it off! I enjoyed Halo 1 more on PC, but I think thats just because it was more of an original idea at the time. But not so original as to make 2 sequels, so I probably wont be getting Halo 3 unfortunately. Certainly no PS3 beater imo unless they surprise me!

So...there must be more than two games worth picking up now the hype has faded. NG worth getting? I played Morrowind on PC, and ofc HL2 already. And I' ve already got PGR3. Plus DOA isnt my style. :P I' ve seen lists of games people liked before here, but cant seem to find them. What XBox games would you buy a second time now if you had to (regardless of backwards compatability), and which games couldnt you have lived without playing? Thx ^^;;
< Message edited by choupolo -- 5 Feb 06 0:42:27 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message