Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Why Killzone Will Suck.
Tshirts

• Total Posts : 8
Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 18, 2004 08:46
Two words:

1. Half Life 2

2. Halo 2

USA A-OK !
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 18, 2004 14:01
Good to see that this moron is alive and well.

Oh, and if you weren' t the biggest damn Sony-basher of all time, I WOULD agree with you. I don' t think Killzone will be half as great as everyone claims, and certainly not as good as either Halo 2 or Half-Life 2.
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 19, 2004 15:42
Well I have no reason to believe it' ll be a bad game. It should be fantastic, just not quite as fantastic as the aforementioned titles. Saying that untill we' ve all had a proper session with them its difficult to confirm either way.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 19, 2004 18:07
T-Shirts, I typically don' t agree with Fathoms, but do us all a favor and just leave. Go to the IGN forums or somewhere like that. I agree with toast. DOOM III and Halo 2 will probably be better. But thats like comparing apples to oranges. Yes, they are all FPS' s, but Halo 2 is a Sci-Fi and DOOM III is a horror. On the other hand, we know next to nothing about the plot, gameplay, or even the final graphics of killzone. The only thing it should be faulted for is it' s untimely release (same timeframe as the other FPS' s mentioned, also Half-Life 2) and it' s odd(maybe unoriginal) name. To fault it and say that it would suck is completley biased and premature.
fathoms

RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 19, 2004 19:11
immortal: Just ignore him. He' s the disease of a forum, if you even bother to listen to his drivel. Trust me, anybody who' s been around GamerWeb for a while can tell you that this fool was one of the most hated forumites around. His entire purpose of any post venture is to bash Sony. That' s been his purpose for years. Unfortunately, he also has the I.Q. of a common house rat, so it doesn' t really mean anything.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 20, 2004 05:16
I' m not really feeling Killzone myself, but I' ll give it the benefit of the doubt and say it MIGHT be good. We' ll have to wait and see...
Preacher

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 20, 2004 17:32
Killzone will amount to being a game you' ll enjoy based purely on your love for the genre or your very, very wrong love for a specific console. I very much doubt it will suck hard, but there' s every chance it will be a perfectly playable game, albeit derivative and wholly unoriginal.

Anyway, it' s too early to tell whether the end results will live upto peoples expectations. It' s clear that killzone was comissioned to do retail combat with the likes of Halo 2/half life 2/DOOM 3, but even from a cynics point of view, it doesn' t relegate it to the crap pile by default.

my policy is wait and see, though i do hope it amounts to something, if only because the enemy bear a striking resemblance to the soldiers from Jin-Roh.

Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 22, 2004 14:47
Watching its trailer it looks ok graphic wise but the AI looks a lil dumb, and honestly Killzone beatign Halo which came out long ago with very updated technology wont be proving much if Killzone wants to prove itself a great game its gonna have to compare up to Halo 2, Half-life 2, Doom3 ....etc beating an older (altho bad ass game) isnt saying much its a lil late
Preacher

RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 22, 2004 21:26
Mass X, full stops and general punctuation are your friends. Embrace them. To be honest, your point has kind of been lost in the haze of grammatical hell, but I' ll try to take your points one at a time:

Mass X, you do know that killzone isn' t finished yet, right? the AI looks dumb because the AI probably hasn' t been done yet. No AI is that bad in any game I' ve played (well, none that spring to mind).

I' m fairly apathetic towards killzone right now, I need to see more and possibly play it before I pass judgement. It amazes me how some people can slate its chances without anything more than an mpg to go by. Whilst Sony are positioning it to compete with rival consoles big FPS' s, it doesn' t have to prove anything by them nor try to trump them by being them. I' d rather the game where developed with a mindset focused purely on making a great game.

True, I' m looking forward to Halo 2 more than any other game at the moment, but when I' ve played it to death and I feel there' s nothing left to play, I' m gonna want another FPS to fill the void. If that' s killzone, then so be it.

Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 22, 2004 23:17
I was more going towards a comment claiming that Killzone will be the Halo killer. I truly beleive that is easily possible with the big technology gap so its no big deal. If they wanna have a place in the FPS genre they need to go after bigger game such as those mentioned (Half-Life 2 , Far Cry, Doom 3, Halo 2). And yes i may have been only commenting on a current trailer but i never said it was my 100% engraved in stone final judgement im gonna need a hands on trial (rental or friend).
< Message edited by Mass X -- 3/23/2004 3:25:19 PM >
Preacher

RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 23, 2004 00:09
no worries dude, it' s not as if you' re a full-of-it dick, the kind that haunt every forum in the known webverse. I' ve not ascertained if there' s one on Kikizo yet (though I' m sure there are some willing to nominate)

But seriously, you gotta start using the ol' full stops here and there. I' m not criticising your grammar for the sake of it or to score a laugh off of you, I honestly didn' t quite follow everything you said.

Anyway, if there' s one thing I do know it' s that 2004 is the year of the FPS - Deus Ex: IW (UK release was 03/2004), Halo 2, Doom 3, Half Life 2, Far Cry, thief 3 (I only heard about this so not sure it' s true), UT2K4, counter strike: condition zero and killzone....maybe even Quake 4 if we' re really, really lucky.

Seriously, hardcore FPS fans must be scraping away the lashings of drool spilling from their mouths. Someone get them a bucket - quick.
fathoms

RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 23, 2004 00:47
Mass X: There' s no need to call yourself " dim-witted." It' s just easier for other people to read your posts if you break it up a bit.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 23, 2004 03:12
Preacher: Theif 3 is pretty far along in developement. It' s not to long until it' s released in the US.

Imo, Killzone looks like it has potential but it tries to hard to be Halo rather than a Halo killer. If you compare the trailer to the E3 Halo2 gameplay footage, Killzone is like a complete knock off, just not as well done. I know this game is still early in developement and I will give it the benefit of the doubt, but if it' s going to beat Halo it will need to go the extra mile. This is something it has yet to show( again though, it' s still not done).

I' m personally very interested in this game. If it' s done right I' ll probably get a PS2 just so I can play this game and FFXII without having to steal my nieghbor' s PS2.
fathoms

RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 23, 2004 03:54
Halo is not the greatest game of this generation, IMO. I know a lot of people think it is, but I played it once and really have no desire to play it again. " Halo-killer" just doesn' t apply to me. If Killzone is good, I' ll play it.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 23, 2004 18:35
Fathoms, I respect your views, but it' s not really up to you whats the greatest game this generation. I believe that is a personal decision. I believe it is in the running for best game the gen. Also, I must mention Splinter Cell, FF10, StarWars:KOTOR, and GTA III are popularly considered the greatest game this gen, but mine and your opinions may differ.
fathoms

RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 23, 2004 18:49
Umm...I know it' s not up to me. That' s where the " IMO" comes in from my post.

And, IMO, the best games of this generation are:

GTA III/GTA: Vice City
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Splinter Cell
Gran Turismo 3
Ninja Gaiden
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Devil May Cry
Halo
Metroid Prime
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Prince of Persia
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Suikoden III
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Viewtiful Joe
Onimusha/Onimusha 2
Silent Hill 2, 3
Resident Evil 0
Eternal Darkness
Deathrow
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Warcraft III
Amplitude
Jak II
XenoSaga
Hot Shots Golf 3
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance I, II
Champions of Norrath
Red Faction
Beyond Good and Evil
Mafia
Battlefield 1942
Madden 2004
Medal of Honor: Frontline, Allied Assault
Bond 007: Everything or Nothing
Twisted Metal: Black
Kingdom Hearts
ICO
Rainbow Six 3
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Unreal Tournament 2004
Project Gotham Racing 2

deadmeat

• Total Posts : 63
RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 24, 2004 12:45
I understand why people want to put the term " Halo killer" on a game. Just like they did with " Metal Gear killer" . But, I hate these terms.

Usually placing too much hype on a game is the " KILLER" . Let' s let the game be released and then decide its fate.

It looks to be a good game.

I recently played Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter and it is a great, solid FPS. But, was never labelled as an " anything Killer" , just another FPS. I think maybe a little under appreciated.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Why Killzone Will Suck. - Mar 24, 2004 14:56
Yeah, when something is called a " killer" it is already set up to fail. It can be good but if it isn' t the " killer" it' s claimed to be people will thrash it to no end.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll