Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Old games, but improved controller
Wolfjack

• Total Posts : 36
Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 04:45
What is the point of this controller?

Looks like someone had a bad case of nostalgia when they designed it. Okay so it' s a beefed up SNES controller... big whoop. Every other moron/fanboy seems to be blowing their load over it just because of that.

What about functionality? How am I going to play N64 games using that piece of crap?

Clearly all we need is a wireless GameCube controller with an altered layout for the face buttons to accomodate for SNES games and the N64' s c-buttons. A WaveBird MkII if you please...

What we don' t need is an ugly SNES/DualShock hybrid.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 05:07
Thats what I don' t get. The thing is I think nintendo were' nt so sure about puttin the stick out on it' s own so as a cushion you could opt for that instead. Does anyone know if it will work with all of the wii games or just some? cos didn' t reggie say twilight princess will only support the remote.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 05:14
I kind of agree - it looks like an Ipod designer sucked the life out of it.

However, it is neutral and appealing to non / casual gamers and the like, who traditionally would hav been scared by a gamecube or N64 controller...

Who knows, it might actually feel pretty good, and if it appeals to people who used to have a PS2 - then its more sales all round!
< Message edited by musashi -- 28 Aug 06 21:15:46 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 05:23

What about functionality? How am I going to play N64 games using that piece of crap?

You all agree cause you haven' t used it - editors who had hands-on with it say it is awesome - comfy and very nice to use.I can' t say I' ve used it , but people say it really is very cool to hold.
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 05:27
Even if Nintendo doesn' t release an N64 controller, there will be some 3rd party manufacturer (Mad Catz or something) that will release it.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 05:42

Does anyone know if it will work with all of the wii games or just some? cos didn' t reggie say twilight princess will only support the remote.

Y' know, maybe I' m on more hallucigens than my body can handle, but I remeber them saying you won' t use the classic controller for any Wii games, that' s what the Wiimote/GCN controllers are for. I' ll try and dig up the link.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 06:35

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Does anyone know if it will work with all of the wii games or just some? cos didn' t reggie say twilight princess will only support the remote.

Y' know, maybe I' m on more hallucigens than my body can handle, but I remeber them saying you won' t use the classic controller for any Wii games, that' s what the Wiimote/GCN controllers are for. I' ll try and dig up the link.

Well i' m probably on the same cos I thought I heard that myself.
silverthornne

• Total Posts : 12
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 07:17
Yea, looks dumb. SNES controller with its life sucked out by an Ipod designer. Very accurate way of putting it!

Maybe it' ll feel comfy but I don' t like it one bit from the photos.
Wolfjack

RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 08:09

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

You all agree cause you haven' t used it - editors who had hands-on with it say it is awesome - comfy and very nice to use.I can' t say I' ve used it , but people say it really is very cool to hold.

Looking at it, I' m sure it' ll be nice and comfy... for SNES games and pirated PS games. But for N64 games you' d want a solid prong to be able to grip it properly. And what about the c-buttons? Sure on something like Mario 64 they would obviously translate to the right thumbstick, but what if I want to play Castlevania64?

Well i' m probably on the same cos I thought I heard that myself.

Well, all three of us must have the same dealer (he gets around quite a bit) because I could swear that it won' t be just Wii Zelda:Twilight that will use only the wiimote.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 08:10
Its so weird because some of the most idiotic controller design on that site when we speuclate and painted how we thought wii controller would look like,basically looked like that but with gyro in it.
Wolfjack

RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 08:17
I was dead certain that they' d ditch the d-pad & analogue sticks and introduce a laptop-touchpad-like circles for directions. I still think that' s a damn good idea. It would be functional AND it would make the controllers look simpler, more accesible.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 29, 2006 09:07
the Wii allready has 3 offical controllers, the Wiimote, the Gamecube pad, and this retro pad.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 30, 2006 10:37

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

the Wii allready has 3 offical controllers, the Wiimote, the Gamecube pad, and this retro pad.

What about the zap gun? Thats the controller i' m the most interested in! Especially as i love FPS, and the idea of aiming on screen and blasting enemies away gets me real excited!!
Also i' m also wondering why the Wii Classic controller does not have prongs like GC or N64. I have large hands so the idea of wrapping them around this less then ergonomic looking device doesn' t exactly have me jumping out of my seat (I actually hate using the smaller xbox controller, and prefer the original fat controller). I' ll wait till i get hands on before i pass judgement.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 30, 2006 23:47

and the idea of aiming on screen and blasting enemies away gets me real excited!!

..ever play time crsis?
Terrak

RE: Old games, but improved controller - Aug 31, 2006 09:41

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

and the idea of aiming on screen and blasting enemies away gets me real excited!!

..ever play time crsis?

Yeah i played that in the arcades and loved it (many years ago though). The only problem is that you had no control on where you would move. The idea that you can now aim like you could in time crisis and move around like a FPS just shows how much potential the Wiimote has, plus the (possible) ability to swing your controller and have it translated to ingame sword action, its almost too much!! If they could pull off a game like Red Steel with sword and gun play they should make a game based on the Ulysees cartoon. I thought his gun sword was awesome, and would be excellent for the Wiimote (provided it delivers).
< Message edited by Terrak -- 31 Aug 06 1:44:46 >
Wolfjack

RE: Old games, but improved controller - Sep 05, 2006 00:53
I live for the day when Capcom would bring Devil May Cry to the Wii. That would just rock senselessly, being able to slash an enemy into the air using the wiimote, then again using the wiimote, but as a shotgun to blow him away.

Sadly, it doesn' t look like it would happen because the franchise is tied to Sony. Nothing to stop Capcom from doing some kind of spin-off though is there?
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Old games, but improved controller - Sep 05, 2006 04:50
Just how many controllers are we going to have to buy for this damn thing? Wasn' t the whole point that it was supposed to be simple and affordable?
Terrak

RE: Old games, but improved controller - Sep 05, 2006 10:04
LOL, yes the whole aim is for the Wii to be affordable (According to Nintendo). I' m pretty sure that most games all you really need is the Wiimote & Nunchuk, but if you wanted a more ' realistic' experience, imagine playing COD with a Garand like attachment for the Wii, sure it would be expensive, and sure it might never happen, but it sure would be fun!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll