Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GoldenEye' s Classic Connection
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
GoldenEye' s Classic Connection - Sep 07, 2004 05:07
Whoa this maybe ol news but I just found out today and if this is true I would faint. Man so many games and rumors going around it' s just so overwhelming.

August 25, 2004 - Earlier this month, Electronic Arts and Nintendo revealed that GoldenEye: Rogue Agent will be hitting the Nintendo DS handheld. No other details had been revealed about the project, including features or release date.

The internet is currently abuzz about the Nintendo DS version confirmed to be a port of the original Nintendo 64 game designed and developed by Rare. As the reports go, the game will be enhanced with multiplayer support via the wireless connectivity between systems.

This certainly jives with many developers' findings on the Nintendo DS hardware, that porting Nintendo 64 code to the unit is incredibly easy and simple to optimize for DS-specific features. Electronic Arts also had a close working relationship with Nintendo on handheld projects in the past, and may have acquired the rights to the Nintendo 64 code from Nintendo since EA is now the holder of the " GoldenEye" and Bond properties. The original game was Rare-developed, but Nintendo published, which indicates that Rare no longer holds any rights to the code.

But as of right now, the rumor has no official confirmation. We contacted Electronic Arts for further information. According to the company, " We do not comment on rumors. We have not announced anything about [GoldenEye: Rogue Agent] or any of our other Nintendo DS titles."

It certainly wouldn' t surprise us if it turns out to be true. The game is under a quick development cycle, and an easy port is less demanding than a full-fledged project. We' ll have more on GoldenEye: Rogue Agent as it' s made available.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll