Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ridge Racer 7 in development
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Ridge Racer 7 in development - Apr 20, 2006 07:41
For more details on Ridge Racer 7, an arcade racing game, you will have to wait until E3. We do know now thanks to Famitsu that this game is in development, and unlike the previous part, the game will be released on PS3 and not on Xbox360.

Online racing with up to 14 people is one of the features that still has to be confirmed. More will be known next month.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ridge Racer 7 in development - Apr 20, 2006 08:13
Think they' ll change the decade old game mechanics?

I guess after RR6' s poor performance on 360, they' re going back to Sony to see if they can work the magic they once had.

PSP' s Ridge Racer was a great showcase title, ...it was gorgeous and smooth, but it' s been bettered and can' t really be counted.

The last good RR game was Ridge Racer Type 4, ...i loved it. But every game they' ve put out since has been awful.

Sure it has a hardcore audience but in general people just aren' t interested in magnetic walls and stupid commentary. It' s going to flop, if only because their will be much more interesting racing games coming to PS3.

Ofcourse, they could rework the mechanics and add new gameplay features, ...but Namco don' t adapt well, even Tekkens mechanics are virtually the same as they were 10 years ago.

Stale.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Ridge Racer 7 in development - Apr 20, 2006 08:44
The only thing thats not so stale is Reiko, who, well looks as fresh as she ever has!

I think for a first RR title on PS3 they will be playing it relitavely safe..

If only they had kept with the music vibe they had going with RR4 - simply enthralling for me at the time, and made it much more than any other driver at the time.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ridge Racer 7 in development - Apr 21, 2006 06:38

Think they' ll change the decade old game mechanics?

I hope they won' t :)

Reiko is the soul of RR series

If only they had kept with the music vibe they had going with RR4 - simply enthralling for me at the time, and made it much more than any other driver at the time.

Couldn' t agree more - It' s still amazing to listen to while you' re ridge racing :)
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ridge Racer 7 in development - Apr 21, 2006 06:44
Give Reiko a sister and the game will be a success!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll