Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 07:04
Link -

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/30/japan-to-get-fewer-ps3-launch-units-due-to-part-problems/

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4761

only 2 weeks to go and another blow for playstation fans in Japan.

Will this affect US numbers?

Can sonys PR ever be trusted?
< Message edited by Terrak -- 31 Oct 06 0:29:51 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 07:11
Thats ashame, Wii is gona own Japan..
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 07:14
Europe will end up waiting until September. I' ve been saying that for ages.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 07:32
Yeah, & I know I say this every time there' s some major hitch like this in Sony' s plan, but they really should just push everything back. They' re not ready. We know that, they know that, and heck, by now most of the community at large knows that. Better to go in late with more units and more AAA titles, than this rushed crap.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 07:39

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

Thats ashame, Wii is gona own Japan..

I would feel bad for Japan if the PS3 wouldnt cost 430dlls. there, hell iwould whait a few months to buy it there.

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Better to go in late with more units and more AAA titles, than this rushed crap.

Rushed crap??? u must be joking or talking about the 360´s launch, the PS3 as a machine its damn ready, its not loud, it has its power supply built in and state of the art tec everywhere, its hard to make it, so they sould delay the machine until its easy to produce them??? im glad its finally gonna ship
< Message edited by fernandino -- 30 Oct 06 23:45:06 >
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 07:49
Wow...

and to think, back in July I expected PS3 to swamp the stores with units, and have a better launch then the 360 did.

...So, lets start making bets when we think we' ll be able to see units sittin on the shelfs like the Wiis and the 360s will be doing.

I' m guessing, late April - early May.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 07:49

Rushed crap??? u must be joking or talking about the 360´s launch, the PS3 as a machine its damn ready, its not loud, it has its bower supply built in and state of the art tec evrywhere, its hard to make it, so they sould delay the machine until its easy to produce them??? im glad its finally gonna ship

The 360 was in development for longer then the PS3 and the 360 is better thought out, so how was it rushed? Do you even own a 360?

However I don' t see the point in delaying the PS3. For the sake of argument lets suppose they delay the machine 6 months, that won' t affect the amount of units they have available six months from now. If they release it in November at least a few people get to enjoy it. And the launch games are really a non issue, just buy the console when it has games you want, end of story.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 08:06

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

The 360 was in development for longer then the PS3 and the 360 is better thought out, so how was it rushed? Do you even own a 360?

Please read what i said:

I SAID THE 360´s LAUNCH

NOT THE 360 ITSELF

I do have a 360, and i love SC:DA, butif it was more time in development than the PS3 then thats so sad, since it doesent have next gen DVD palyer, or HDMI, or it doesent have web browser, or it cant play all the xbox games, or so on...
< Message edited by fernandino -- 31 Oct 06 0:09:10 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 08:16

Rushed crap??? u must be joking or talking about the 360´s launch, the PS3 as a machine its damn ready, its not loud, it has its power supply built in and state of the art tec everywhere
State of the art tech? What does it have that is so state of the art and worth the delay. 1080p isn' t new, Blu-Ray is alot of empty space, and nothing but. And don' t even start with this Cell-Processor future garbage that gets dealt out either. I' ve done my homework. I know that cell is absolutely terrible at running complex AI, did you? And their memory bottleneck, don' t even get me started on that.
The 360' s launch, which was in my opinion a total debacle, managed to push out more consoles than the PS3 is going to manage.

its hard to make it
Uh... No, they had problems securing diodes for their revolutionary new format. It wasn' t hard, they just didn' t have the parts.

Agent Ghost, I' m thinking about it from their perspective. If in 10 years, suppose you log onto Wiki10.5 or whatever, & you look up PS3 launch. Would it look better to see " Delayed multiple times due to production problems" or " Rushed launch. Incredibly hard to get. Ebay-ers were only ones to secure units" Just trying to figure out a way to drag them out of the hole.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 31 Oct 06 0:16:44 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 08:17

since it doesent have next gen DVD palyer

Teh Wowxor
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 08:20
You can' t rush a launch, that doesn' t make sense, the console is either ready or its not.

The 360 doesn' t have HD-DVD because it wasn' t ready in time when 360 was launched. MS chose VGA over HDMI, web browser on a console is stupid and useless. As for it not playing all the Xbox games, they are working on it. Backwards compatibility is not as easy as it is on the ps3.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 08:40
Didn' t kaz harai say recently that all the ps3 manufacturing issues have been ' ironed out' ?

Now we have 2 weeks to go and apparently this is not the case.

Now its also been revealed that the 2 million by years end (which is only half of the 4 million ps3s PROMISED from launch to years end during e3 2006) was only a TARGET,

KH: Well, I think that you know this is all relative, but you need to put it in context. I think that we' ve always talked about shipping 2 million units worldwide within the calendar year. [UPDATE--Sony has contacted GameSpot to clarify the number of PS3s available at the end of the calendar year. The company is targeting 2 million PS3s available at launch, and an additional 2 million by the end of 2006.

link - http://au.gamespot.com/news/6156046.aspx?sid=6156046

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 22:12

Rushed crap??? u must be joking or talking about the 360´s launch, the PS3 as a machine its damn ready, its not loud, it has its power supply built in and state of the art tec everywhere, its hard to make it, so they sould delay the machine until its easy to produce them??? im glad its finally gonna ship

Do you have ADD or have you just missed the last couple years?
mastachefbkw

RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 22:18

I do have a 360, and i love SC:DA, butif it was more time in development than the PS3 then thats so sad, since it doesent have next gen DVD palyer, or HDMI, or it doesent have web browser, or it cant play all the xbox games, or so on...

Okay?

Next gen dvd player- I use my 360 for games, i have a dvd player for that

Web Browser- I have a computer for that

Xbox games- their the past, its time to get into the next generation, not playing some crappy game from 2001, besides, anything worth playing is compatable.

This is just proving that the PS3 puts nothing but things people dont need into their console.
mastachefbkw

RE: sony to slash 20% of Japans ps3 launch units! - Oct 31, 2006 22:19

Wow...

and to think, back in July I expected PS3 to swamp the stores with units, and have a better launch then the 360 did.

...So, lets start making bets when we think we' ll be able to see units sittin on the shelfs like the Wiis and the 360s will be doing.

I' m guessing, late April - early May

Yeah im guessing late april early may, of 2008 if your lucky.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll