Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ps3 price and launch in canada
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
ps3 price and launch in canada - Mar 25, 2006 06:40
I have very interesting news, but please take this as I have, with a grain of salt. I just purchased a 360 and went over to my local eb games store to pick up a copy of graw. As I was making my purchase I began a very nice conversation with the store manager on the next gen consoles. He started talking about PS3, and so I had to just ask him when they will be taking pre-orders for the PS3, he brought out a large binder with a catalog in it and looked up the item number they already have for the PS3 and told me that they will start taking pre-orders in June, right here in Canada, the most surprising thing is that next to the item number was a price for the PS3 of 389.99 Canadian. Of course from this information I had to ask him if he had any idea on a launch for here in Canada, again from the same binder he looked further in the back and said to me without batting an eye " November 11th for the PS3 and November 22 for the rev if you care for the rev" .

Like I said at the beginning I don' t know if this is true or not, but the best thing I can do now is to just sit and wait for E3 I guess.

BTW, Graw is fucking awesome, this game is exactly what I was looking for in a next gen console.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: ps3 price and launch in canada - Mar 25, 2006 08:29
$389 Canadian!! That' s like... two dollars in U.S. currency!! Yippee!

I think it' s also approximately 25¢ in euros.

And, yes, GRAW does indeed ROCK! I think Oblivion will be occupying my machine for a while, though!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: ps3 price and launch in canada - Mar 25, 2006 08:47
I' m laughing, ....can you hear me?!

LAUGHING!!!

Your damn right to put salt on it, ...

Blu-Ray alone adds $100 US to the production cost for each unit... $389.99 Canadian is a pipedream. It' s likely a ' placeholder' price.

Sony would go bankrupt with the amount they' d lose on every console. We' ll see though, ...the dates could be true but i actually expect Revolution before PS3 (PAL), and i know PS3 isn' t going to be all that anyhoo so i' m not really bothered.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: ps3 price and launch in canada - Mar 25, 2006 10:43
wow, $335 us. that would be awesome, but the blu-ray, and the 60 gig HD. and that brilliant cell processor they' ve been blabbing about will tally up to more than that. now, when i was up at my local eb in michigan, buying mgs3 subsistence, i asked them and they said they have no clue, but if sony wants support from them, they' ll have to let eb games know 6 months in advance if they want them to take pre-orders. so we' ll know in two months what it' ll be.

now heck, i dunno. maybe sony' s flipped their lid and gone for that price. but just in case, i' m savin that paragraph, and yeah i know it' s not realistic, but i' m a rumour whore, and proud of it.
whiteguysamurai

• Total Posts : 316
RE: ps3 price and launch in canada - Mar 25, 2006 11:24

" Where do ya pour tha maypal syrip?"
Chee Saw

RE: ps3 price and launch in canada - Mar 25, 2006 18:56
I LOVE this review of the GDC!! This guy is funny as hell!

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3677
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: ps3 price and launch in canada - Mar 26, 2006 00:08

Shortly after the news was released, Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi announced that the Playstation 3' s controller will be 36 times as comfortable as Microsoft and Nintendo' s offerings due to nanotechnology and long-division math. Kutaragi claimed that the controller was scheduled to be shown, but that it was so comfortable that the people transporting it from Sony headquarters " fell asleep while holding it on their way over here... because it is simply that awesome."

LOLOL!!

If I didn' t know better I would' ve sworn Joe wrote that part
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: ps3 price and launch in canada - Mar 26, 2006 01:32
Cool I thought I was the only one who read SomethingAwful.com. You guys have to see the legal threats I love their fictional lawyer, see the site insults everything that sucks and they get alot of lawsuit threats so they made a fake lawyer to deal with these idiots. Its priceless.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 25 Mar 06 17:33:15 >
Chee Saw

RE: ps3 price and launch in canada - Mar 26, 2006 07:52
My favorite part...

VGA' s sources have reported rumblings from within Nintendo about major setbacks in getting the Genesis titles to function. Apparently, Sega' s games from that era were specifically designed to do what Nintendon' t, making the emulation process on Nintendo hardware inherently next to impossible.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll