Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ps3 games for US$59.99
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 20, 2006 12:52
Link

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4634

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/19/playstation-3-launch-window-titles-announced/

launch line up (note how many are multiplatform)

SCEA launch titles (priced at $59.99 according to Gamespot):

Resistance: Fall of Man
NBA 07 (1080p)
Genji: Days of the Blade

Third-party titles:

Blazing Angels (Ubisoft) (multiplatform)
Call of Duty 3 (Activision) (multiplatform)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda) (multiplatform)
F.E.A.R. (Vivendi) (multiplatform)
Fight Night Round 3 (EA) (multiplatform)
Full Auto 2 (Sega)
Madden NFL 07 (EA) (multiplatform)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Activision) (multiplatform)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (Namco Bandai)
NBA 2K7 (2K Sports) (multiplatform)
Need For Speed Carbon (EA) (multiplatform)
NHL 2K7 (2K Sports) (multiplatform)
Rainbow Six Vegas (Ubisoft) (multiplatform)
Ridge Racer 7 (Namco Bandai)

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega) (multiplatform)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (EA) (multiplatform)
Tony Hawk' s Project 8 (Activision) (multiplatform)
Untold Legends Dark Kingdom (SOE)

Also note that not all these games will be available on launch day, but during the ' Launch Window' . SO question now is - do these games justify the hefty US$600 price tag now that the games are mostly multiplatform and cost US60 per game???
< Message edited by Terrak -- 20 Oct 06 5:02:05 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 20, 2006 13:00
Quez, Mass, Zoy, etc.

= OWNED.

I can' t beliebe X360, LMAO @ fucking DVD games being sold for $59, MS are a bunch of fucking crooks.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 20, 2006 13:18
I' d like to clarify something (after reading the direct link at gamespot)-

2:19 p.m.: First-party software will debut at $59.99 for Genji, Resistence, and NBA 07. The controller will be $49.99. Memory card adaptors will be $14.99, while the Blu-ray remote (in December) will be $24.99.

link -

http://au.gamespot.com/events/ps3launch/story.aspx?event=ps3launch&sid=6160127&tag=topslot;action;1&om_act=convert&click=topslot

Note the specified ' First Party software will debut' . Interesting they didn' t say ALL games will be US$60. Also note the price of the controller - US$50.

Evil Man

RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 20, 2006 13:40
Gamespot has every PS3 game on pre-order for $59.99

Assasin' s Creed, Call of Duty 3, Marvel UA, and Rainbow 6: Vegas are not first party games.

The price of X360 controllers is also $50, what' s your point? Was that supposed to be shocking info or something? LOL.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 20 Oct 06 5:42:48 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 20, 2006 13:45
Doesnt really matter how mucht hey costs since there arent really any games worth getting for the first year, that isnt availeble in a better version on the 360!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 20, 2006 13:47
Vx, how come you get up for work so early?. (I missed out on sleep again!!)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 20, 2006 13:49
timezone is one hour before you! and i have to get my daughter up for daycare!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 20, 2006 13:51
Fair enough, makes sense... Your daughter is up kinda early... I' m only up
because I have no work, and I am just about set to run out the door and buy a
copy of SPlinter Cell..

The multiplayer looks so amazing! I think that may become my new system link
fix when friends come over..
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 20, 2006 14:02
Didn' t surprise me...
Or the controller...
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 20, 2006 15:59

Quez, Mass, Zoy, etc.

= OWNED.

I can' t beliebe X360, LMAO @ fucking DVD games being sold for $59, MS are a bunch of fucking crooks.

You' re the one who bought the 360. I haven' t bought any next-gen system yet, I always wait for price drops.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 20, 2006 17:06
How long is the PS3' s launch window supposed to be?

As for the price, i think Microsoft need to bring their game prices down. If Blu-Ray comes with additional development costs, then Microsoft should really be selling at the same price they had for new Xbox titles.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 05:46

Quez, Mass, Zoy, etc.

= OWNED.

yup, their crooks, because i mean, their the ones selling a fucking video game console for $600 right? o well, sony' s loosing money buy selling them low. besides i dont see any of their games dropping any time soon, plus half of them are out on 360 now and are marked down but ps3 they will still cost $60.
Evil Man

RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 08:11

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

Quez, Mass, Zoy, etc.

= OWNED.

yup, their crooks, because i mean, their the ones selling a fucking video game console for $600 right? o well, sony' s loosing money buy selling them low. besides i dont see any of their games dropping any time soon, plus half of them are out on 360 now and are marked down but ps3 they will still cost $60.

No they' re selling it without the HD-DVD Drive and making you buy it seperate for $200 and on top of that $50 per year to play online, yes they are fucking crooks.

Mass produced DVD' s dont even cost half a penny to produce, there is NO reason for X360 games to cost the same as PS3 ones.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 21 Oct 06 0:12:07 >
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 08:35
Well, for what Microsoft is doing with Live, its worth the $50. I doubt Sony' s online service will remand " free" forever.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 09:15
Both companies are crooks. They' ve both got a ridiculous markup on games, There' s no contest there. Even fifty is ridiculous for what they' re turning them out for.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 21 Oct 06 1:18:11 >
Evil Man

RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 10:27

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Both companies are crooks. They' ve both got a ridiculous markup on games, There' s no contest there. Even fifty is ridiculous for what they' re turning them out for.

I disagree.

Most Sony 1st party games are worth every cent they go for, Shadow Of The Colossus, God Of War, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

As far as I' m concerned the only good MS-made game are the Halo games, everything else they' ve produced is trash. All the top xbox games besides Halo 1 & 2 were all 3rd party titles, they cant come close to sony' s ability to deliver qualiy games,

You are just retarded if you think MS games are better than Sony' s, Sony is in the same league as Capcom, Konami, Blizzard, Bioware, Nintendo, etc. when it comes to game production, MS isnt even close.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 21 Oct 06 2:30:58 >
464cpc

• Total Posts : 52
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 10:32
maybe this is truth for sony
ok they have better studios but they are in the videogame market many years now...
but still i think they can give us better prices.........like pc games ?
the are games after all.........
mastachefbkw

RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 11:33

No they' re selling it without the HD-DVD Drive and making you buy it seperate for $200 and on top of that $50 per year to play online, yes they are fucking crooks.

Mass produced DVD' s dont even cost half a penny to produce, there is NO reason for X360 games to cost the same as PS3 ones.

How the fuck are they the ones stealing your money when they actually give you the option of what you want, unlike sony that just throws crap in their console that i dont need or want so they can charge you an arm and a leg.

And how long do you think Sony will keep online play free? when they start charging people for it, PSL or what ever they call it, will fail due the fact that noone wants to play ps3 games for a cost.

mastachefbkw

RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 11:46

I disagree.

Most Sony 1st party games are worth every cent they go for, Shadow Of The Colossus, God Of War, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

As far as I' m concerned the only good MS-made game are the Halo games, everything else they' ve produced is trash. All the top xbox games besides Halo 1 & 2 were all 3rd party titles, they cant come close to sony' s ability to deliver qualiy games,

You are just retarded if you think MS games are better than Sony' s, Sony is in the same league as Capcom, Konami, Blizzard, Bioware, Nintendo, etc. when it comes to game production, MS isnt even close.

first, GT and ratchet and clank suck, God of War is a decent game. the key word there is decent, you cant compare it to games such as fable.

next, Halo is not MS made, its made by bungie. how can you say MS produces nothing but trash? Sonys quality to deliver was shit, what good games does sony have? God of War, the rest are on another console.

Sony will be in no league after the ps3 becomes the failure its destined to be. Actually it wasnt in any league to begin with. you cannot compare Sony to Capcom, Konami, Bioware, and definatly not nintendo. And as MS not being in the same " league" as sony, i say bs, as iv said before, what games have sony made that didnt suck? God of War.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: ps3 games for US$59.99 - Oct 21, 2006 12:47
I dont want to sound like a fanboy, but I agree with chef to an extent.

I dont like Japanese RPGS, they involve no talent and usually no choice in the story. So for me what does Sony have? God of War(great game, but Ninja Gaiden is better), and Shadow of the Collosus(overrated due to " great" graphics that didnt compare to an XBox launch title such as DOA3 or Halo and boring gameplay IMO)

So what does that leave for a gamer like myself Evil? You mean to tell me that the PS3 is a good idea for FPS and Action games? No, the controller sucks for FPS, and is uncomfortable in general. While I probably will get a PS3 for UT2007, I' ll definately be playing it with a keyboard/mouse, and not that garbage sony controller. Dont get that statement wrong though, its good for say.., turnbased RPGs where precisision isnt needed.

Ive been more than tolerant with your fanboyism Evil Man, Ive even taken your side quite a few times, but you really should stop.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message