Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ps3 eye toy
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
ps3 eye toy - Jan 02, 2006 14:43
i think everybody seems to forget about the eyetoy although i was extremy impressed by that demo they showed. when he took the water from that bathtub i just could not believe it, it was like magic or something, am i the only one impressed around here or is it something i didn' t get that make this eyetoy sooo banal...

if we could truly interact with the enviroment as they showed, then what' s the problem of including this in a game, that eyetoy look so damn precise... imagine in a psychic game, you use your hands to throw your enemies around and stuff or may be you can interact with a dashboard... yeah yeah may be i' m dreaming but guys that guy picked the water and managed to throw it to the other cup that he was holding, it was like they were synthetizing reality with VR or i don' t know what the hell was that...

i think if sony really owns this card , they will scream it out loud so may be that eye toy is just a regular eye toy .... wait and see
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: ps3 eye toy - Jan 03, 2006 07:38

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

i think everybody seems to forget about the eyetoy although i was extremy impressed by that demo they showed. when he took the water from that bathtub i just could not believe it, it was like magic or something, am i the only one impressed around here or is it something i didn' t get that make this eyetoy sooo banal...

if we could truly interact with the enviroment as they showed, then what' s the problem of including this in a game, that eyetoy look so damn precise... imagine in a psychic game, you use your hands to throw your enemies around and stuff or may be you can interact with a dashboard... yeah yeah may be i' m dreaming but guys that guy picked the water and managed to throw it to the other cup that he was holding, it was like they were synthetizing reality with VR or i don' t know what the hell was that...

i think if sony really owns this card , they will scream it out loud so may be that eye toy is just a regular eye toy .... wait and see

I don' t trust them. I REALLY wanted to believe the Killzone trailer was done on PS3 hardware, but most of the stuff they showed were ' impressions' of what PS3 games ' could' be. It was all done to upstage Microsoft. The EyeToy demo sure looked impressive, but i can' t see it being quite like that.

I mean, Microsoft have been victims of their own success really. They wanted to be both true to the gamers, and true to themselves. You think Sony would show games that were running at 1/3 of the power, with harsh framerates etc?! I really doubt it. But Microsoft told everyone what the situation was, and the games got much better. Perfect Dark Zero looked terrible when it was first shown, but look at the final product. I definately trust Microsoft more than Sony, and i trust Nintendo more than them both. We' ve all heard it all before form Sony, ...emotion my right hand!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: ps3 eye toy - Jan 03, 2006 08:26
Sony is excellent at hyping themselves, and now it turns out the UT 2007 demo was run on PC hardware, haha, hilarious, im not sure when that console will be out, theres been a bunch of ínsider info popping up, saying it wont be ready for spring!!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: ps3 eye toy - Jan 03, 2006 13:49
Well MS is a bit better - but just a bit - all that hype for Halo 2 and then this ..good game -and that' s it.

About Unreal Demo - Gears of War were no different - powermac' s G5

It' s always the case when you don' t have the final hardware - demos run on alpha kits - and these are PC' s or Apple Products :)

I respect MS for keeping it on a classy level though - Sony is telling people lies that don' t even seem real.

Yeah I agree Nintendo is by far the most honest of them.So honest in fact that Metroid Prime Echoes appeard at stores and noone noticed - that' s a shame - the reviews were great but the marketing was so poor.

I guess those days when good games where selfmarketing products are long gone.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 3 Jan 06 21:52:25 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: ps3 eye toy - Jan 03, 2006 14:08
Well MS admitted it was running on MAC, sony didnt even admit that they were showing Prerendered stuff

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll