Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 nVIDIA to Provide GPU for PlayStation 3
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
nVIDIA to Provide GPU for PlayStation 3 - Dec 07, 2004 15:43

By: César A. Berardini - " Cesar"
Dec. 7th, 2004 6:24 am
Sony and nVIDIA announced today that both companies are jointly developing a custom graphics processing unit (GPU) for the PlayStation 3. The companies have been collaborating on bringing nVIDIA' s next-generation GeForce graphics technology and the Cell processor to SCEI' s highly anticipated next-generation computer entertainment system.

-Team Xbox

Full Article Here
< Message edited by Mass X -- 12/8/2004 2:12:05 AM >
Mass X

RE: nVIDIA to Provide GPU for PlayStation 3 - Dec 07, 2004 16:17
Man I check several times on the Kikizo mainpage before postign up gamign news and latly it never fails that just before I put somin up sure enuff Kikizo has just gotten to it as well. Owell, at least they are quick to update these days.

Still it makes me feel a lil bad when I post somin up and Kikizo has it on the main page already makes it look like I dont read there, but I assure you I do
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: nVIDIA to Provide GPU for PlayStation 3 - Dec 07, 2004 17:33
Just in case you folks didn' t know, this news is rather old...

If my memory serves me well, this story circulated through the websites over 3 months ago.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: nVIDIA to Provide GPU for PlayStation 3 - Dec 07, 2004 21:24
I recall reading something about it as well, the same article had ATI and IBM working with nintendo on the revolution
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: nVIDIA to Provide GPU for PlayStation 3 - Dec 07, 2004 23:50
Given that in the PC Magazine buyers guide ATI totally cleaned up in the awards department against nVIDIA, I kind of have more faith in the ATI graphics chips to be used in the Xbox 2 (Xenon) and maybe Nintendo' s console.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: nVIDIA to Provide GPU for PlayStation 3 - Dec 08, 2004 02:04
Can I politely remind all users that they must not post the full text of an article/interview/review/etc etc from *any* website in the forum and please give the link of the originating story (yes, even if it' s not Kikizo) - we would expect the same courtesy from users of other forums.

As for nVidia... hmmm, I suppose at least it confirms that PS3 will " do" some graphics! Hooray!

Also the news is not old as it is officially confirmed and, IIRC, was never anyting more than unsubstantiated before. The big news with Nvidia before was that it would NOT be used in Xenon.
Mass X

RE: nVIDIA to Provide GPU for PlayStation 3 - Dec 08, 2004 02:14
There it is all cleaned up and fit for the rules of the forum. I' ll go thru a few of my older postrs and clean them up now.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 12/8/2004 2:18:09 AM >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: nVIDIA to Provide GPU for PlayStation 3 - Dec 09, 2004 20:23
Thanks dude, we appreciate that.

Adam

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages