Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 11, 2006 12:17
Halo (o)
Halo 2 (h)
GTA series (O and H)
Jade empire (o)
Shenmue (O and H)
shenmue 2 (H)
devil may cry 2 (H)
Fable (H)
Age of empire 3 (H)
PDZ (H)

you go guys for the others

O for Overrated
H for hyped Up ( i mean by this NOT THAT GOOD AS THE MEDIA SAID BEFORE RELEASE OR NOT AS EXPECTED)

2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 11, 2006 13:24
Halo wasnt over rated ....
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 11, 2006 13:25
Halo 1 and 2 (especially 2) - Overhyped, overrated
Call of Duty 2 - Overrated
Gears of War - Overhyped
Super Mario Sunshine - Overrated
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter- Overrated (though my opinion may change as I play it more)
Doom 3 - Overhyped, overrated
Super Monkey Ball - Underhyped, underrated
Final Fantasy 7 - Waaaaaay overrated
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 11, 2006 18:23
Halo 1 - overrated

Halo 2- Totally overhyped

Jade Empire - Overrated and Overhyped

Fable O+H

GTA - O+H

Shenmue1,2 - underrated

FF7 - deserves every score higher than 9,4/10

FFX - O+H
Abasoufiane

RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 11, 2006 19:37
it seems we still don' t agree about shenmue , but i wonder what' s underrated about it , many reviewes give it a 9 and 10 , while many other gave it 7 and 8 (like what i would give) but that' s anther subject , more lists guys ...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 11, 2006 19:48
FABLE O/H

DOOM 3 underrated

Halo O

Halo 2 underrated (by people)

Psi Ops Underrated/Underhyped
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 11, 2006 23:01
Final Fantasy 7 - Overrated (need to tie a rope to its foot to stop it from going sky high)

Halo 2 - Campaign is overrated and overhyped.

Gun Valkyrie - Underrated

Mario Sunshine - Overhyped and Overrated

Skies of Arcadia - Underrated

Crash Team Racing for PS - Underrated

Kingdom Hearts - Overrated and Overhyped
< Message edited by Tiz -- 11 Sep 06 15:01:27 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 12, 2006 00:25
Mario sunchine is not overrated - everyone knows it' s crap and hardly anyone says it' s great.

Abo - Shenmue is terribly underrated - this game didn' t sell well (id didn' t even sell bad) and many reviews kicked it' s ass.

Shenmue 1 was hyped , but it exceeded my expectations.Shenmue 2 wasn' t that loud and was even better than 1.

Doom3 (Xbox version) got pretty good reviews so I didn' t mention it.(it was edited a bit and had some issues ,that PC gamers didn' t like, fixed)

I hate skies of arcadia - those battles were terrible :)

Metroid Prime /Echoes - underhyped - well rated :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 11 Sep 06 16:26:25 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 12, 2006 00:52
I really can' t say any game that is over rated.

If i had to i would say Metroid prime,but just because i never liked it doesnt mean i cant see why people love it.

So i can' t really call it overrated...

As Gangsta said Shenmue is underrated by the media,but overated by us gamers.

However swedens biggest magazine gaved it 95/100.

The same guy also gaved FF7 97/100 and Halo 10/10
And Metroid prime 10/10... so...

Also GT serie is a game serie i find over rated.

I can find much better racing at Pgr serie.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 11 Sep 06 16:53:26 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 13, 2006 12:49
I can only think of DOOM3. Didn' t bother playing it though.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 13, 2006 13:27
New Super Mario Brothers - Overrated

Gran Turismo series - OH GOD Overrated

Super Mario 64 - At the risk of getting beat down by EVERYONE at Kikizo I' ll slowly make my way to the escape route before saying that it' s one of the most overrated games on the planet!! *runs!!*
Vx Chemical

RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 13, 2006 13:32

Definetly overhyped! but very underated! Especialy by players! You should play through, pay attention to details! Read the PDA' s listen to them! I think the backdrop was fantastic! I had fun through and through, it was refreshing to have a shooter without alternate fire on every weapon!
Terrak

RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 13, 2006 14:07

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Definetly overhyped! but very underated! Especialy by players! You should play through, pay attention to details! Read the PDA' s listen to them! I think the backdrop was fantastic! I had fun through and through, it was refreshing to have a shooter without alternate fire on every weapon!

Wow to be honest your the first person that has said good things about it, everyone else i know weren' t too impressed. I kind of though of the general consensus was that it wasn' t good not to bother but maybe i should give it a try. In the process of moving at the moment so when i settle down i might try it out.
Vx Chemical

RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 13, 2006 14:35

Wow to be honest your the first person that has said good things about it, everyone else i know weren' t too impressed. I kind of though of the general consensus was that it wasn' t good not to bother but maybe i should give it a try. In the process of moving at the moment so when i settle down i might try it out.

I definetly think its a good shooter! Lots of nice details in the backdrop as i said! Even more than there is in Halflife 2, where i think stuff to read had been a welcome addition to help people understand what happened! I can only recomend it! i played through twice now, including the expansion pack!
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 13, 2006 14:52

I definetly think its a good shooter! Lots of nice details in the backdrop as i said! Even more than there is in Halflife 2, where i think stuff to read had been a welcome addition to help people understand what happened! I can only recomend it! i played through twice now, including the expansion pack!

You could be talking about Metroid Prime

I can think of under rated and under hyped because thats usually what I have

Halo O--H
Halo 2 O H

I need to play more overated games

Gran Turismo series - OH GOD Overrated

Super Mario 64 - At the risk of getting beat down by EVERYONE at Kikizo I' ll slowly make my way to the escape route before saying that it' s one of the most overrated games on the planet!! *runs!!*

Hold that door please.

I completely agree!

< Message edited by Kannon -- 13 Sep 06 6:58:38 >
Terrak

RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 13, 2006 15:04

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

It may have been overhyped but it sure did deliver (IMO)

Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 13, 2006 16:08
Halo 2 (Overrated).
Fable (Overhyped)
Madden Series (Overhyped, Overrated...come on, people have been letting EA milk them of their money for like 1 or 2 new things every year. Fucking monopoly).
GTA (Overhyped)
]GaNgStA[

RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 14, 2006 05:01

then I guess I' ll be the second - this game was great - I would say that it was a great FPP horror game with cool background and shit - I enjoyed it a lot.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 14, 2006 07:06
Halo was overrated by fans not by media such as ign who gave it like an 8.9 or something like that. but it was still an awsome game back then and sitll is.
Halo 2 is overrated by the fans hyped by everyone buy the media did not overrate it, i think ign gave it a 9 when it deserved like a 9.7 atleast, it wasnt perfect but its still one of the best still out here and it even lived up to all the hype.
GTA series way over hyped and overrated. iv noticed people talk about the GTA games before they come out and when they do come out no one cares.
Jade empire wasnt overrated or hyped, and was a great game. Not too hard, not annoying, not extremely addicting.
Shenmue sucked. way overrated
shenmue 2 same as the fist
devil may cry 2 overrated by sonyfanboys and also hyped. sucked
Fable it may have been hyped but it still was an awsome game
Age of empire 3 is pretty fun if u have nothing else to do.
PDZ way overhyped. game was a huge disappointment. i would say it was overrated but no one rated it that high.
Madden series is and always will be over hyped and rated. incase people havnt noticed, its the same game with a little better stats, ocassionally better graphics, and a different number and player on the case.
mario 64 was a great game, overrated or hyped it was still a great game.
GT series is way overrated and over hyped by sonyfanboys. its gotta be one of the crappiest racing games ever. if i wanted a racing game i would play a NFS or PGR game.
The New super mario bros isnt overrated or over hyped, its the same thing we loved when it was on the NES how could they screw it up?
Doom was overrated but its a decent game the first time u play it.

Abasoufiane

RE: most hyped up or overrated games in your opinion ? - Sep 14, 2006 07:48
Are y fucking stoned or something , you say some stuff that are just unbelievebly imaginary ok let' s start:

Halo was overrated by fans not by media such as ign who gave it like an 8.9 or something like that. but it was still an awsome game back then and sitll is.
Halo 2 is overrated by the fans hyped by everyone buy the media did not overrate it, i think ign gave it a 9 when it deserved like a 9.7 atleast, it wasnt perfect but its still one of the best still out here and it even lived up to all the hype.

IGN scored HALO a 9.7, yes mister a 9.7 with no shame on their stupid face, how the hell a game like taht got that score? the only thing taht is really fantastic about it is the CO-op mode , anything else is not impressive, even the graphics aren' t that good and sometimes just bad because the art design in many many levels just suck and rubbish. when a game get a scoire that high I and many like me expect a game toi be almost perfect ON ALL LEVELS, graphics, gameplay, AI , control , cut scenes , art and it is obviously clear that HALO wasn' t near to prefect in many areas . then OMG they rated HALO 2 a 9.8 !!! woow if they give high scores that easy then may be they should look up some other games that are from that score and man they are beter than HALO 2 (aka half life 2 (9.7) - FEAR - COD2 and even far cry which is much impressive than HALO 2 )

Jade empire wasnt overrated or hyped, and was a great game. Not too hard, not annoying, not extremely addicting.

IGN gave 9.9 for that game , i' m fucking crying now everytime i remember that , i was EXTREMLY dispointed, of course the game is all right but it is far from 9.9, what a fucking joke.. not only IGN but some other sites as well, yahoo a 10/10 !! and then u find many other sites that were really reasonable and gave it a score between 7 and 9. put that in your head , when a masterpiece is realsed , only extremly few critiques don' t rate it high, most people agree that this is a great game, and usualy those win awards ( resident evil 4, shadow of the colossus , zelda etc)

Shenmue sucked. way overrated

Shenmue wasn' t really overrated , sure that are half websites that gave insane score but the other half gave it a 7&8 scores and some other just called it crap.
i think i talked about shenùmue and why it' s not that great in many other threads.

devil may cry 2 overrated by sonyfanboys and also hyped. sucked

i think you live in another planet, devil may cry 2 sucks and most respected sources agree. however it was overhyped which is normal because the first one was excellent .

GT series is way overrated and over hyped by sonyfanboys. its gotta be one of the crappiest racing games ever. if i wanted a racing game i would play a NFS or PGR game.

you' re joking right? nooo i don' t think so you' re serious , since you said a lot of bullshit before this is expected ...

you said teh GT series , you mean since the PSone?

teh first Gran turismo was just revolutionary and anybody who love car would be in looove with it, ad it is the godfather of all simulations out there.

the second pushed the number of cars to around 500!! (back in the day , most racing games had around 40 cars at most until GT series arrived) , it pushed graphics , ass new modes , not revolutionary which is ecpected but evolutionary.

and who the hell made those replays sooo lTV like if it wasn' t for the GT series.

Gran turismo 3 was also great , evolutionary in all aspects

and finaly the fourth one which was a bit disapointing since it didn' t really add a lot , and there was no online mode ....

all gran turismo games except the 4th one got extremly high scores and they deserve it for some of the reasons i said above.

so saying GT series are CRAP is telling me one thing for sure, you' re a marvel of idiotie.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message