Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 09:21

I was refering to parent/child relationships. Kids aren' t getting fatter because more junk food is available. They' re getting fatter because parents are letting them eat that food.

Not really the case. Any child who can' t get his hands on a twinkie who is beyond the age of 5 isn' t really smart at all. While a parent can restrict what is at home, they can' t control what is at school or sold at convenience stores.

A parent can buy no junk food, throw away all video games, and impose rules on their children to the umpteenth degree, but they can' t control the freedom that comes with being human.

Adults can be fat asses all they want, but it' s a basic responsibility of a parent to raise a healthy child. And, since fat ass kids aren' t healthy, the failure lies primarily with the parent.

So it' s the duty of the parent to create a physically fit child but religion/education/ethics are up for debate? Seems a little less important in my mind. Nobody has yet articulated an argument as to why fat people are bad besides damaging their own health. No evidence suggests higher healthcare premiums and there are plenty of jobs where physical fitness has no significant burden on performance. It' s nowhere close to smoking.

Same rule for videogame addiction.

Videogame addiction is different than fatassness.

I' m reminded of the infamous " chocolate milk" xbox live conversation that was floating around the web for a while. The one where the kid is screaming at his mom because he didn' t want to stop playing. Prime example of a shitty parent.

Yeah, that was an amazing display of bad parenting.
SpaceJase

• Total Posts : 170
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 09:35

Nobody has yet articulated an argument as to why fat people are bad besides damaging their own health.

Well, I' m presuming that you' re an American. In this country (the UK) we all pay towards a thing called the National Health Service and fat people with their associated diseases such as type 2 diabetes cost a bloody fortune.
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 15:22

Well, I' m presuming that you' re an American. In this country (the UK) we all pay towards a thing called the National Health Service and fat people with their associated diseases such as type 2 diabetes cost a bloody fortune.

In America, we have health insurance premiums. " fatassness" doesn' t really matter much in the scheme of things, as most evidence shows.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 15:41
I am here to solve the debate with oversimplification, easily apparent observations, and rude remarks.

Fat people are ugly, hence the inuslt fugly, meaning fat and ugly. Fat people are generally worse at sports. Fat people take up more space and get in your way. Fat people create a demand for food that I don' t want to eat. Fat people are easier to steal things from because they can' t catch you. Fat people like Rosie O' donnel. Last but not least, Fat people are Fat.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 20:16
DontPeeOnBilly, you' re taking my comments as an attack on fat people. That' s not the point I was trying to make.

What I was trying to say was that parents are responsible by definition to promote good habits in their kids. Obesity was just an example.

Even countries like China don' t just make up laws out of the blue to fuck with people. Just like any other country, they are attempting to solve a problem. My question: how did the parents let this become enough of an epidemic that the government felt a need to get involved?

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 21:10
A human can be very intelligent and bestow vast knowledge.
But mankind is stupid.
So the governments, created by mankind, pursues the knowledge of the wise and intelligent, and use it to guide us through various obstacles in life.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 16 Apr 07 13:13:00 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 22:00
¿¿¿???
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 22:26
Duhhhhhh I dunno. Me hungie! I go eat now. Byebye.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 16, 2007 23:29
I think we got a poet.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 16 Apr 07 15:29:33 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 19, 2007 10:50
I think he' s on reefer, but that' s just me.

Fat people are ugly, hence the inuslt fugly, meaning fat and ugly. Fat people are generally worse at sports. Fat people take up more space and get in your way. Fat people create a demand for food that I don' t want to eat. Fat people are easier to steal things from because they can' t catch you. Fat people like Rosie O' donnel. Last but not least, Fat people are Fat.

Eloquent and dainty. Just the way I like debates.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 19, 2007 11:57

Fat people are ugly, hence the inuslt fugly

Fun Fact of the day!

Actually, if what im thinking is correct, the term fugly, came from " fucking ugly"
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 19, 2007 11:59

I' m reminded of the infamous " chocolate milk" xbox live conversation that was floating around the web for a while. The one where the kid is screaming at his mom because he didn' t want to stop playing. Prime example of a shitty parent.

lmao, that gets really annoying, when you hear little 6 year olds that sound like cartman off south park scream at their parents because they want chocolate milk.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: The Commies Institute Nationwide Game-Playing Restrictions - Apr 19, 2007 16:44

Fun Fact of the day!

Actually, if what im thinking is correct, the term fugly, came from " fucking ugly"

Well, ever since I was in grade 7 me and my friends used it meaning fat and ugly. If someone is extremely ugly, I just say " man they are fucking ugly" and proceed to get slapped.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message