Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 06, 2007 10:16
Some viral fun from Tom Clancy and Ubisoft.
Rev64.com

" Ghost" Leader is mentioned in one of the audio links. IGN noted rainbow 6 logo..but thats just the Tom Clany logo used in all clany games nowadays. Newe IP maybe? What was that list that got leaked awhile back.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6 Apr 07 2:28:27 >

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 06, 2007 10:27
sounds like some cancelled n64 game...
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 00:33

Rev64 is Biblical reference - Revelation 6:4

And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat theron to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

" Red Horse" is mentioned several times in radio transmissions on the website.

< Message edited by NITRO -- 6 Apr 07 16:56:42 >

Nitro
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 01:12
JSF which is Joint Strike Force and the radio transmissions detailing what i suspect is Red Horse air squadron point towards this being a military combat flight sim.

Firehawk maybe?

Mass X
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 01:26
certainly seems like it with those facts.

Nitro
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 01:33
What i don' t get though is why Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon are mentioned.

Obviously the plot is going to expand to encompass multiple series a you' ll receive targets from Ghost Leaders etc, but where that leaves Fisher i have no idea.

Then again, what city is portrayed in this [leaked] Splinter Cell 5 artwork...

...???

Any if Splinter Cell 5 is truly a 360 exclusive, where would that leave any games directly tied to it' s story?

Mass X
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 01:38
Reading thru th eleaked forums it seems like Firehawk may have been shto down already. The more I read about what peole have sorted out the mor einteresting this thing is. Ahg but fuck I just wanna know already dammit. BTW someone said to go look at each of the franchises sites as each contain new excerpts or somthing.

BTW isnt that a picture of the Washington Monument?
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6 Apr 07 17:40:03 >

Nitro
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 01:52

ORIGINAL: Mass X

BTW isnt that a picture of the Washington Monument?

That' s interesting because in the audio files it says the US capital was changed from Washington to Boston.

As for JSF being somebody' s initials. That' s suspected because of the 1991 date that people are saying is his DOB, but the Joint Strike Fighter program went public in 1991, and i find it hard to believe that' s a coincidence.

< Message edited by NITRO -- 6 Apr 07 18:48:37 >

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 06:25
I dont have a clue as to what it could be, so thanks for the info Nitro.

On a related note, it would be awesome to see all the Clancy games be connected. For example, in R6 or GRAW, you' d have to deal with the the actual terrorist force while in SC Sam would be tasked with taking out or capturing the leader.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Mass X
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 06:32
But it takes place nearly a decade after GRAW2 which is in 2013... Sam has his outtings in a similar time period. By the time 2023 rolls around most of the characters we all know and love may be to old...actually probably just Fisher. The others would be in their 40' s.

Still tho a culmination of all the franchises could be cool but just as much a risk of running afoul.

Nitro
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 07:08
Fisher was born in 1957, so 2023 would make him 66. The events that transpire in Conviction will precede this new game, and if Sam is still alive in 2023 during this conflict he' d have to have some other role.

Mitchell wasn' t supposed to be in Ghost Recon 4, so whether we can count GRAW2 as 4 or not, or whether the 4th game proper will see us controlling another character, ...or even whether Mitchell will stay afterall... ...i don' t know.

As for Team Rainbow, Clark retired and Chavez too over as Six and we played as Logan Whatever, but i doubt he' ll become a staple character in the universe.

Vegas and GRAW2 left us with cliff hangers, but out of the next en Clancy games only Splinter Cell and Vegas finished with a ' Too Be Continued...' screen, so maybe there won' t be a GRAW3 and they' ll jump to a different character and potentially timeframe for 4.

Vegas will probably get an GRAW2-esque sequel, probably this year, and that' ll probably set up events for Rainbows involvement further down the line.

It should be noted that Rainbow is based in the UK, so if they' re involved in the 2023 conflict it' ll likely be in Europe and not in the US like Vegas.

The Bible reference points to Armageddon, or the coming of the Apocalypse, which in this context would translate to nuclear war, probably World War III.

We know from the " transmissions" that there is fighting in Europe and fighting in the US, and we know that there is reverse migration, in that people who lived in the US bu came from other countries are leaving and going " home" because of the war.

We know that in GRAW/2 the plot revolves around an attempted invasion, and we know that Third Echelon [Splinter Cell] is mentioned in Act Three, solidifying that fact that both exist in the same universe.

Double Agent takes place in 2008, Vegas in 2013, GRAW and GRAW2 in 2013.

I suspect that Vegas2, Splinter Cell 5 and Ghost Recon 4 will all crossover properly and that they put out a flight sim at some point. In any case, they d need to start looking an new genres for the universe. Vehicle [chopper, plane or tank] sim, RTS or whatever.

I also suspect that 360 exclusivity of Splinter Cell 5 will be timed.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 07:16
Yeah... what you said.

Seriously though, some overlapping plotlines would be really slick. Weren' t there some in Ghost Recon 2/Splinter Cell. Dunno, maybe I' m just delusional.

Nitro
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 07:26

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Yeah... what you said.

Seriously though, some overlapping plotlines would be really slick. Weren' t there some in Ghost Recon 2/Splinter Cell. Dunno, maybe I' m just delusional.

Ghost Recon 2 and Chaos Theory.

The sinking of some ship.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 07:28
Yeah, I thought so.

I want real crossovers though. Sam & Mitchell fighting to the death!

Mass X
RE: Rev64 - Ubisoft' s mystery gamesite - Apr 07, 2007 10:59
You wanna see some kickass overlapping go watch Grindhouse!

Heheheh Ima whore the shit out of that movie!

As for the Clancy universe cross-over spread about different games would be pretty cool. And one helluva marketing ploy. Need to get eahc game to get the whoooole story!