Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha!

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 54
QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 06:16
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74928

wow 30k the 2nd weekend,that is like what the 360 has been selling each week.
Gj sony.
You also have a new console and everything,lal.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 06:37
While I agree that this is interesting news, you dont have to be such a fanboy about it Quez, its not a surprise that PS3 sales are underwhelming, its been happening everywhere else.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

fernandino
  • Total Posts : 661
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 06:39

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=74928

wow 30k the 2nd weekend,that is like what the 360 has been selling each week.
Gj sony.
You also have a new console and everything,lal.

so basicaly you dissapear the week it sells 165k and the week it sells 30k you are back, please for the sake of us all, stop this bullshit Quez, besides, 30 000 is not that bad, is not like it was selling 3,371 units per week.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 07:12
When I buy a PS3 I think I' ll call it Quez.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 07:35
You look like Quez....(does it work when I do it? )

Agent Ghost
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 07:53
Yeah anyone can do it, but it doesn' t really work if you do it with a real person. Suppose I actually do look like him. It has to be inanimate objects, or just something completely ridiculous.

QuezcatoL
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 08:14
Fernanindo make fun of the Japanese 360 sales how much you want.

I just saw the ps3 sale in Japan.

It sold 19k last week.

WOW GREAT NUMBERS,HUH?

choupolo
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 08:20

Yeah anyone can do it, but it doesn' t really work if you do it with a real person. Suppose I actually do look like him. It has to be inanimate objects, or just something completely ridiculous.

Heh, yea but doesn' t Quez look exactly like his avatar. That' s actually a photo.

fernandino
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 08:26
im not making fun of the 360 numbers in japan, as you said the PS3 is not doing so hot in there either, im just saying 30 k is not such a bad number, even more if the allocantions for the UK where just 200 k i belive.

Terrak
  • Total Posts : 783
  • Reward points : 19070
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 10:58
There not BAD ps3 UK sales figures, its only due to the size of the drop (from 165,000 to around 30,000 = the close to 82% drop) that makes the figures look bad, thats all. Next week figures will be even more interesting. Will it continue to drop?

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 16:10
Either go away Quez, or stop being such a tool.

I admit I haven' t been on these forums for more than 6 months, but in that time I have never seen you add anything good to the forums or post anything positive, unless it has to do with B-dragon(but even then, you swear at anyone who might not look forward to it).

If being an angry swedish pixie is your goal, then job well done. I really wish we had someone else on the boards who was swedish, loved BD, and owned a 360 so they could tell you to shut up and stop being such a useless individual.

/flame off

Ornodeal
  • Total Posts : 645
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 16:39
Sony should have realised that trying to launch an expensive bit of hardware in March was just never going to work. The casual purchaser (i.e. buying for little jimmy etc) is not going to splash that sort of money until xmastime.

This could have serious consequences if any of those PS3 exclusives decide the install base is too small to get a decent return, and decide to cross-platform so removing further reasons to buy a PS3.

and Quez gives 360 owners a bad name...

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 17:42

I really wish we had someone else on the boards who was swedish

You do. Me and Dionysius are Swedish.
And we both own a 360. Ok, Dio hates his 360 like hell but whatever. I like mine.
BD, we' ll see how good it is when it' s released here in Sweden.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 4 Apr 07 9:44:16 >

Calintz
  • Total Posts : 321
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 18:02
It' s hardly a surprise that the sales are down after the first week. This happens all the time and only the future can tell if sales will pick up...or not.

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 04, 2007 23:27
Jumping on the PS3 is not selling well, just shows how much Quez is just an ignorant fool. The time to look is when the PS3 has been in the shops for at least 6 months. People are very sceptical about buying the PS3 as they remember the debacle with 360 launch units and people are very cautious about spending £500 on something that may or may not break down.

I am not saying the PS3 will break down but I believe that this is the reason especially as I heard a mother asking about this in a local Game earlier this week.

Just as an aside PLAY.com have priced their PS3' s at £399.00 including motorstorm, could this be the first retailer to cut the price in order to sell stock? Maybe there is some truth that the PS3 is not selling.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 4 Apr 07 15:52:25 >

fernandino
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 05, 2007 07:14
Last i heard PS3´s allocations in the UK where 200 000, since the fist week it sold 165 000, and the next 30 000, thats pretty much sold out, please someone correct/slap me if im wrong

_Ninja_Protocol_
  • Total Posts : 212
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 05, 2007 08:13
Well, remember its still $600, your average joe isn' t going to be able to jump out and just randomly pick one up.

When the councle dropps to like $400 or at least like two really amazing games come out, it' ll pick up.
...Random Madness, Forward...

choupolo
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 05, 2007 10:57
Technically more like the equivalent of $800 in the UK. I' m not getting one until it' s at least the same price as the US. I got my 360 for the same as $550, so $600 would even possibly be acceptable.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 05, 2007 12:47
The ps3 sales aren' t surprising because just about everyone who wanted one/could afford one already got theres, so it will probably have low sales until either A. More games come out or B. Holiday season and people choose to buy them over a wii(if they are ever in stock) or a 360 since halo 3 should be out, it should be rather competitive this year

alijay034
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 05, 2007 17:51
I think the 200,000 figure may have been an under estimate, because everywhere I have been to still has plenty in stock.

So the conclusions are:

1 Sony lied about the number of units sold.
2 Sony lied about the number of launch units which were made available.

I am not advocating anything but given Sony' s record of decieving people, then this could be the case, of course the other reason why they are still in stock is that they (Sony) actually have pulled their fingers out and are manufacturing at a decent rate and shipping them out at a decent rate.

fernandino
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 05, 2007 18:39

ORIGINAL: alijay034

I think the 200,000 figure may have been an under estimate, because everywhere I have been to still has plenty in stock.

So the conclusions are:

1 Sony lied about the number of units sold.
2 Sony lied about the number of launch units which were made available.

I am not advocating anything but given Sony' s record of decieving people, then this could be the case, of course the other reason why they are still in stock is that they (Sony) actually have pulled their fingers out and are manufacturing at a decent rate and shipping them out at a decent rate.

I was looking for the original number, and i was wrong, the initial allocations where 220,000, not 200,000 my bad.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 5 Apr 07 10:40:50 >

alijay034
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 05, 2007 19:52
Even so an extra 20,000 units is still not going to account for places like Game,Tesco,Gamestation,Comet and whatever Dixons are called now all still having stock. These are multi branch organisations each with hundreds of locations, this is not even taking into account online retailers like Play and Amazon.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 05, 2007 20:06
Sony' s " sold" figures have always, and will always translate to " shipped to warehouses" .

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 05:05
We know that PS3 isn' t selling well, all you have to do is walk up to the first clerk you see in a retailer and ask:

Has the PS3 been selling well? Yes or No?

Done it, it' s not suprising, it' s not news. It' s a decent enough console now, growing pains aside. But until they get more good titles, it' s gonna stay like this.

DontPeeOnBilly
  • Total Posts : 216
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 06:55

Sony' s " sold" figures have always, and will always translate to " shipped to warehouses" .

Right, because they sold those systems to retailers. Hence the term, " sold" and why it exists in the English language. Care to give us further lessons in economics?

ginjirou
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 06:59

ORIGINAL: DontPeeOnBilly

Right, because they sold those systems to retailers. Hence the term, " sold" and why it exists in the English language. Care to give us further lessons in economics?

You idiot. If retailers have bought lots of units or not doesn' t matter much. What matters is if consumers have bought the product because their interest will reflect the market for the coming period. Sold to retailers but no sell through to consumers is a really bad sign.
Stop being such a mean smartass.

Agent Ghost
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 07:01

Hey everybody, come quick. Come on you gotta see this. Look, it' s a smartass! No really, a real one.

edit: ginjirou beat me to it.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 5 Apr 07 23:02:49 >

DontPeeOnBilly
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 07:15

You idiot. If retailers have bought lots of units or not doesn' t matter much. What matters is if consumers have bought the product because their interest will reflect the market for the coming period. Sold to retailers but no sell through to consumers is a really bad sign.
Stop being such a mean smartass.

Hey, another economics lesson! It' s like supply and demand from the second grade all over again.

Hey, when something gets sold, what exactly happens? Currency (be it paper money or even items!) is traded for a service or a product.

Now, why would people want to buy an item or a service? Because it has demand in society. It could be bread, sex, or the playstation 3.

Now, people may not want this product or service, so the demand could be low. This would reflect the supplier' s amount of products sold. Even if the product is sold through a store, the same rules still apply. However, the amount sold does indicate the amount bought by the store, which means that the seller is getting money even if his product never touches another person.

So, what does this mean, class? If Sony' s playstation continues to sell, then we will see more sales numbers indicating it. If Sony' s playstation does not continue to sell, then we will see more sales numbers indicating it. So we will be able to tell if consumers buy it or not through those sale numbers because those numbers indicate the supply sold, and that will give us the info to determine the demand for the system. If supply sold is low, then demand will be low. If supply sold is high, then demand will be high.

Let' s use this free education to make sure we are productive citizens of society.

When Sony sells a system, they are selling a system. Supply and demand is figured out by the amount of systems sold. There is nothing wrong with reporting what Sony sells, because that is what Sony sells.

ginjirou
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 07:22
Shit, now you' re at it again. You must be suffering from some kind of mental disease or something.
Sony selling lots of units to retailers means nothing if consumers doesn' t buy the PS3. Because if they don' t buy the units that the retailers got, then retailers won' t buy more from Sony in the long run. And that sucks for Sony. It' s obvious that retailers made a terrible miscalculation. They were all expecting their stores to be empty, but the PS3 can be found everywhere.
The best way to count how many units have been sold is to look at how many units the consumers have bought.
And by the way, the amount of sold software is important. And software sales are dependant on how many consumers are owning units. 200 000 units in the hands of retailers won' t sell any software. And that pisses developers of. Making them go for the 360. '
See why it' s a little misleading to count units sold to retailers? What matters is units sold to consumers and that' s Nitro' s point. At least I think it is.

DontPeeOnBilly
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 07:52

See why it' s a little misleading to count units sold to retailers? What matters is units sold to consumers and that' s Nitro' s point. At least I think it is.

See, that' s where you' re wrong. If Sony sells 100,000 units to retailers then it recieved money on 100,000 units. What matters is units sold, as that determine' s Sony' s success. That will hinge on consumers buying the product, but that is translated through the store' s demand. Nitro' s " point" was to suggest that Sony was being shady by releasing sales numbers of the amount they sold to retailers. He was completely off about that, as those sales numbers directly determine Sony' s success. It was a platform to bash Sony, and it doesn' t make sense because the results are the same. That was MY point, to point out Nitro' s stupidity in his suggestion.

It' s not important to know amount of consumer purchase when you have amount sold to retail.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 07:59
Sony don' t decide how many units the allocate to retailers. Retailers decide how many units they buy from Sony.

If retailers have surplus units sitting in their warehouses they won' t buy as many as they would if the machine was selling out.

alijay034
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 07:59
I do still believe that sony are being a bit cagey about the number of units actually bought by consumers, as I think they are rather red faced at the moment by the number of spare units in the marketplace (meaning in the retail stores Billy.)

BTW billy you do know that Nitro purchased a PS3, just in case you were going to use the F word.

< Message edited by alijay034 -- 6 Apr 07 0:02:35 >

DontPeeOnBilly
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 08:08

Sony don' t decide how many units the allocate to retailers. Retailers decide how many units they buy from Sony.

If retailers have surplus units sitting in their warehouses they won' t buy as many as they would if the machine was selling out.

Right, which is why there is no need for there to be a distinguishing factor between sold to retailers and retailers to consumers. It' s not shady on Sony' s part, it' s the most reliable source to find out how much money Sony is making on the PS3.

alijay034
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 08:22
So when M$ state they have 10 million 360' s in homes, you don' t think that is a mark of success?

The PS3 will only be a success when it is off the shelves and in the homes not sitting on shelves gathering dust. Yes sony make money from shipping to retailers but I am damn sure they would want those machines in homes rather than sitting on the shelves.

choupolo
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 08:30
You' re right Billy, ' sold to retailers' will reflect ' sold to consumers' in the long run, but theres always going to be a lag in terms of translating it to actual popularity. It has only just launched, so these sold to retailers numbers are pretty meaningless at the moment. If we had info on actual consumer sales that would be more accurate and up-to-date.

Ergo lets wait and see. All I know is I haven' t bought one... yet.

Kyo.k
  • Total Posts : 324
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 17:37

We know that PS3 isn' t selling well, all you have to do is walk up to the first clerk you see in a retailer and ask:

Well, where I work the PS3 sold more units than the Wii or 360 over the launch weekend. However sales after this period have dropped significantly, especially in regards to sales of the Wii post launch, and that' s with only 6 to 20 Wii units coming in per week/ 2 weeks.

Compared to the 360 it' s on the same level so far, judging by numbers sold at launch compared to the total amount of 360' s we sold over three months from it' s launch. Though 360' s were in short supply after launch while PS3 is plentiful.

Overall the PS3 could be selling a lot better but reletive to 360 in it' s entry period it seems to be doing quite well, in the UK at least. Obviously the lack of post launch games will contiune the slow sales of the console.

Though in my opinion one or two great launch titles (VF5, Motorstorm, VT3) can easily last for a good month or two of solid gameplay. And back when I was a kid most people could only afford one or two games every couple of months or so. What' s happened to playing the game and loving it over and over untill it' s out of fun comepletely?

Anyway I don' t think the PS3 is doing badly in the UK for it' s launch period, and Sony have given us retailers considerably more stock than with 360 or Wii.

Just my two cents.

< Message edited by kyo.k -- 6 Apr 07 9:38:54 >

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 06, 2007 23:33

See, that' s where you' re wrong. If Sony sells 100,000 units to retailers then it recieved money on 100,000 units. What matters is units sold, as that determine' s Sony' s success.

But Sony isn' t making money by selling the Playstation 3. They lose hundreds of dollars per sale, and will be losing a hundred or so dollars for the next year & a half, until they can really reduce component cost.

Sony, like every other console maker in the industry right now has to make the majority of their money through software. If you have a hard time figuring this out, feel free to ask, but I don' t feel like wasting my time elaborating at the moment.

alijay034
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 07, 2007 06:52
Eddie just think of DPOB as a worse version of Quez only this time he is just an arse.

QuezcatoL
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 08, 2007 07:24
For every dead sonyfanboy another quez is born.

ginjirou
RE: Ps3 not selling at all the next week... hjhahahaha! - Apr 08, 2007 09:15
For every post Quez makes another brain-cell dies.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 54