Tekken 6 Story

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
Tekken 6 Story - Apr 03, 2007 07:27
The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 came to a close. The final battle was against the sponsor of the tournament, Jinpachi Mishima, from which Jin Kazama came away the victor.

Becoming the president of the Mishima Zaibatsu, Jin immediately began various programs within the company and converted the Tekkenshu into a spy project. People began to suspect a darkness in Jin, leading to increased tension, infighting and finally a full-scale war. The whole world was drawn in, and when the nations began losing power, the Zaibatsu, able to gain a profit from the potential of war, announced its independence and declared war on the entire world.

Initially the Mishima Zaibatsu was a formidable enemy, but then G Corporation rose to the position of the main opposition to the Zaibatsu. The world saw the rival company as the savior, and endorsed them completely in their drive to suppress the Zaibatsu. Eventually, G-Corporation announced that the president of the Mishima Zaibatsu was the root cause of the war and promises an immense amount of money to anyone who can capture Jin Kazama alive.

But almost as if anticipating this move, the Mishima Zaibatsu announced the opening of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6. People may enter to gain fame, money and (unintelligible). In the midst of this chaos, the curtains rise on the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6.”

Rather silly, but It will do. I hope they keep the silly cgi' s at the end of the game. Unlike tekken 4 [:' (]
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 03, 2007 07:38
They should drop the stupid stories from all fighters, they make no sense, every time I see an " ending" for a character in fighting games I' m left thinking " WTF did I just watch?"

If the Wii was only capable of 480i, it would have to be deinterlace it. - Emotep

Learn to use proper English. - Emotep

I have an American kid failing Geography. - Emotep

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 03, 2007 08:58
The only story should be the Development / progression of your chosen character, from novice to Master. IE: your own experience.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 03, 2007 09:20
I just love the continuing story of the Mishima family constantly trying to kill each other without reason. They were like the happiest family ever! And it all started when Heihachi threw his son off a cliff. That was nice of him!

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 03, 2007 19:07

They should drop the stupid stories from all fighters, they make no sense, every time I see an " ending" for a character in fighting games I' m left thinking " WTF did I just watch?"

Haha! So true!

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 01:31
....Tekken 6 will be online....
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 01:58
They need to come up with new storyline concepts that don' t include the words, " King of Iron Fist Tournament" ..
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 03:37

They need to come up with new storyline concepts that don' t include the words, " King of Iron Fist Tournament" ..

" One day, a group of random people [with bad family realations and annoying names] decided to fight each other. For no reason."

That better Terry?
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 3 Apr 07 19:38:15 >
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

ginjirou
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 04:05
I think Street Fighter has the best stories.
Soul Calibur has some decent stories too.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 05:15
DOA4 Ryu Hayabusa = Singular Super Ninja..

Amazing stuff.
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 05:22
Soul Calibur is the only one that has stories that make sense, if you ignore the fact that they couldn' t all occur in the same timeline/reality.
DOA likes to pretend it has a story...but then it never really explains what the hell is going on. Maybe if I played Ninja Gaiden it would explain some things....

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 05:23
Mortal Kombat isn' t too bad. The characters are dumb but the basic plot isn' t completely terrible.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 05:27
You' d be surprised how much of a story Dead or Alive actualy has... In actual fact, it' s been an ongoing saga, hence why Hayate was never playable until number 3, and then he cemented himself as part of the original line-up at number 4.
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 09:42

You' d be surprised how much of a story Dead or Alive actualy has.

I' m surprised it has any story. I thought it was all an excuse to watch breasts that seem to be filled with helium.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 12:57
You look like a breast.

I want to write the story for a fighter. Imagine how fun that would be, you can write anything and no one would give a fuck.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 15:08

" One day, a group of random people [with bad family realations and annoying names] decided to fight each other. For no reason."

That better Terry?

MUCH better actually since there was no mention of *King of Iron Fist Tournament*
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 16:12

That better Terry?

lol, good stuff man, that pretty much sums up the main chunk of the tekken cinematics over the years.

ginjirou
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 17:49

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Mortal Kombat isn' t too bad. The characters are dumb but the basic plot isn' t completely terrible.

Yeah it' s pretty good. I actually got really engaged in the story once. Before the first Mortal Kombat game for the previous generation (PS2/Xbox/GCN) was released I heard that Liu Kang was going to get killed in the game.
Me and my friends were like " Oh my God" " No way" " I don' t believe it" " What' s going to happen now" ? and so on.
We really liked the Mortal Kombat universe back then
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 4 Apr 07 9:49:50 >

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 04, 2007 18:33
Stories in fighting games are about as useful as stories in FPS games like Halo or games like Lost Planet and Dead Rising. Nobody cares! Just give us the action.

That said, I do like to beat Tekken games with each character to watch the endings since Namco' s CGI is usually extremely awesome. Now that they merged with Bandai and have that gawdawful new logo which makes me want to vomit out of my ass, the quality level may drop a bit. Remember, Bandai has NEVER been about quality. The word confuses them and they are not able to understand the concept.

By the way, here is the streaming WMV of Tekken 6 if it hasn' t already been posted:

mms://wmt9-od.stream.ne.jp/vod11/bngi/tk6ac_pv1.wmv

(Kikizo' s forum software won' t let me post a URL link with " mms" in it, it seems, so copy and paste if you know how).
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 4 Apr 07 10:36:11 >

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
RE: Tekken 6 Story - Apr 06, 2007 16:51

That said, I do like to beat Tekken games with each character to watch the endings since Namco' s CGI is usually extremely awesome. Now that they merged with Bandai and have that gawdawful new logo which makes me want to vomit out of my ass, the quality level may drop a bit. Remember, Bandai has NEVER been about quality. The word confuses them and they are not able to understand the concept.

If only Bandai and Sammy had merged, and Sega and Namco had merged. Bandai Sammy would continue to chug along in their own realm of irrelevance, Namco would have benefited from Sega' s expertise, and Sega would have benefited from Namco' s ability to make serviceable imitations of Sega games.