Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The next generation is here, but which console is the best?
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 67 of 67
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: The next generation is here, but which console is the best? - Sep 16, 2004 20:46
Oh, right. I get it now.

Sorry...I think I was the one that mis-read.
toxicavenger

• Total Posts : 92
RE: The next generation is here, but which console is the best? - Sep 16, 2004 20:52
The next generation of gaming will always be the pc. you always can update it, and it will always have games that blow consoles away (postal 2 for fun, half life 2 for fun and graphics). and if the graphics suck on your current pc, just buy a new video card. the latest pc games i have seen blow away any xbox ps2 or gamecube title (currently. when halo 2 comes out my opinion will probably change).
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: The next generation is here, but which console is the best? - Sep 16, 2004 21:09

The next generation of gaming will always be the pc. you always can update it, and it will always have games that blow consoles away (postal 2 for fun, half life 2 for fun and graphics). and if the graphics suck on your current pc, just buy a new video card. the latest pc games i have seen blow away any xbox ps2 or gamecube title (currently. when halo 2 comes out my opinion will probably change).

At the same time that is why console gaming totally rules ...

There' s no buying a new video card, no new sound card, no extra RAM or CPU.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: The next generation is here, but which console is the best? - Sep 17, 2004 03:47
Exactly. And I hate to tell you this, but Chronicles of Riddick for Xbox easily rivals ANYTHING on PC, with or without your $500 card.

And let me know when I can get excited about a PC game that isn' t an FPS or RTS...I have this bad feeling I' m going to be waiting for a WHILE.
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: The next generation is here, but which console is the best? - Sep 18, 2004 00:18
and i am also afraid that the pc will never see the likes of outrun 2. i know sega has done some games for pc, but i guess this sequel to the evergreen outrun will possibly be xbox only (at least for a long time).

but that' s not the biggest problem with gaming on pc. so imagine having the latest gear, and youre ready to go. and then you discover you need to upgrade, finetune, and still find out your game is not working. well, then its waiting for the patch to arive to help you out. at that time beeing, you might have lost intrest in the game. no, i love my pc and internet, but i oh so love the simplicity of gamong on a console like playstation 2, gamecube or xbox.
Deszeld

• Total Posts : 1
RE: The next generation is here, but which console is the best? - Sep 22, 2004 07:43
New to the forums, but maniac, very right. Though good games come out of the computer, by the time you get them, you end up having to update almost everything on your computer. Whether it be the space on your computer, depending on how much you have, or the audio maybe, even could be the visual card. Unlike the PS2, X-Box, or Gamcube. You don' t have to do such a thing, you can get the game, put it onto your console, then play to your heart' s content. I mainly use the computer anymore, to talk to my friends, checking up on new games which come out for my PS2, and play what few games I do have for the PC. Main one I' ve seem to be seeing myself play the most now is, Grand Theft Auto 3, don' t really know why. Usually have been observed playing my Command and Conquer Red Alert 2.
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: The next generation is here, but which console is the best? - Sep 22, 2004 09:46

ORIGINAL: Deszeld

New to the forums, but maniac, very right. Though good games come out of the computer, by the time you get them, you end up having to update almost everything on your computer.

first: welcome to the kikizo forums. have a pleasant stay here. have you also visited the www.kikizo.com site ? or are you just a forum person ?

indeed, i am also only playing the games that i KNOW that will work without a hassle. for my other gaming needs i have my psx, sega saturn, nintendo 64, dreamcast, playstation 2, and xbox to keep me bussy. at the moment burnout 3 gets lots of playtime on the xbox. but as soon as outrun 2 hits the streets, i' ll be playing this game like there' s no tomorrow
< Message edited by music_maniac1965 -- 9/22/2004 9:48:29 AM >
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 67 of 67

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread