First game you remember playing?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 42
whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
  • Reward points : 0
First game you remember playing? - Jul 24, 2004 22:38
So guys / girls, I was just wondering what was the first game you remember playing on your first console. I' m sure my first game was an obscure Sinclaire ZD Spectrum game as my dad owned one. If I had to guess I' d say a Ninja Turtles game for it. But it could have been Space Invaders as he had that too.

But my first ever console was the humble Master System, with Alex Kid built in! Yeeeah. Alex Kid was aaaace. Rock Paper Scissors was the bomb. I remember me and a group of friends would play the game once every week and would memorise the best way to beat each boss. I personally didn' t kill the last boss but I watched a mate kill him. Ahh, that was the happiest day. The only other game I actually owned for my Master System was a strange top down shooting one. You started out in a car and then it started to fly or something. That was cool, I finished that by myself. I had my Master System a year then my parents decided to take it for a Mega Drive. Woo.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 24, 2004 23:27
I don' t remember what my first arcade game was. Maybe Pac Man. I don' t remember what my first Atari game was... I never owned the thing. But my first console was the Sega Master System and it came with Hang-On and Safari Hunt on one cartridge. I also purchased Space Harrier and Choplifter at the same time. The first game I played was Hang-On.

PS - You need to send me Out Run 3D. It never came out over here.

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 05:33
Joust

Russian Mobster
  • Total Posts : 357
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 05:47
My first game was Super Mario 3 for the NES in 1993.
XBL Gamertag:RUSSIAN mobster
XBL Games:Splinter Cell:PT,PGR2,Mech Assault, Crimson Skies, MM3, DDR, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, NFL2k3, Moto GP, Tetris,RalliSport Challenge 2,HALO 2.

fathoms
  • Total Posts : 1060
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 05:49
That would be Pong, on my father' s old Atari back in 1982. I was only 4, but I do remember holding the joystick for the first time. My first arcade game was Pac-Man and my first PC game was an old text adventure entitled " Cave Adventure." In other words, I basically started traditionally.
Kikizo Staff Writer

Pierre2k
  • Total Posts : 70
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 11:31
My first gaming experience is very similar to Fathoms' . The fist game I ever played was on the old Atari I used to own and " Pong" . Soon afterwards I played Pacman and Space Invaders. Also used to have this ancient gaming machine that had a cartridge with many pong variations such as ice hockey where the square ball/puck could go behind the goals.

After the small steps into gaming with the Atari, my first really memorable gaming started when I got my Commadore 64. The first game I played on it was Super Tanx (sumoething like that anyway), followed by Gangsters (a light gun game bundled with the C64 and gun package). The first text based adventure I ever played was also on the C64 with a game called the Cranmore Diamond or something like that. You were a thief staying in the hotel across the road from the museam the diamond was being displayed in. You had to get acorss the road unnoticed and steal it. All those " wrong syntax" errors used to drive me nuts.
Life' s a bitch, and then you die!

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 16:03
Frogger and one other game on the Atari.

HydroGen
  • Total Posts : 52
RE: First game you remember playing? - Jul 25, 2004 19:22
I think mine was some game on a tape called Crazy Rider or it might have been paper boy. First console i owned was the Megadrive and me and my brothers got Altered Beast and MJ Moonwalker, still have those games aswell.

music_maniac1965
  • Total Posts : 70
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 09, 2004 19:40
my first game is pong. on a small device that had 4 games on it. tennis/squash/ice hockey/and a game i dont recall.

right after that i' ve got me an atari 2800 (2 buttons more on the console than the 2600) with pac man and the smurfs.
greetz,

music_maniac1965

Xtreme
  • Total Posts : 272
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 09, 2004 22:28
i think that it was q-bert for the caleco system...it was really fun until i jammed a grilled cheese into the game port bc i thougth q-bert would do better if he ate...no kidding....god i was dumb

Joe Redifer
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 09, 2004 23:59
Why has nobody yet sent me Out Run 3D?

Smedley XB
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 10, 2004 02:05
My first game would also be PONG
I guess I' m only as old as I feel.

-Smedley

X-BOX Live: Smedley XB

Vysehrahd
  • Total Posts : 46
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 10, 2004 16:02
First game i think was pong... first game that really made an impact : 4D boxing on PC. Me and my brother would play that for so long. We played that so hardcore that the " K" key was used so much (the punch button) that the letter wore off and stoped working.

Xtreme
  • Total Posts : 272
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 10, 2004 22:12
frogger was def up there too...can we stop this thread....i feel old and crap.

Zotty
  • Total Posts : 41
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 10, 2004 22:38
The first game that I played would be hmm Dark Chambers for the Atari 2600. It was a real blast and the multiplayer was awsome Oddly enough I still remember it when I first played that game and that was in somewhere in 1988 and I was like 4 or 5 years old.

I should hook up the system and play it again

edit: And woohoo first post
< Message edited by Zotty -- 8/10/2004 10:39:30 PM >
Miauw..iauw...miauw?

Rikka
  • Total Posts : 933
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 11, 2004 05:26
Ok, i remember playing a " video game" that was pong, it wasn' t a cartridge or anything for another system, it was a machine that you hooked up to a TV and all you could play was a primitive form of pong. there was one player and two player (vs) and that was it. We loved it when dad would hook that thing up to the TV.

jabronibasher
  • Total Posts : 119
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 11, 2004 13:17
first game i played....Duck hunt on the Nes. Nothing better than shooting down pixelated ducks while standing an inch away from the TV.
Dashing through the store,
on a three wheeled shopping cart
sliding across the floor
avoiding kids and pots

Reaching for the games,
and taking out my cash
oh what fun will i have today
before my brain cells crash

HEY!
couldnt fit

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 11, 2004 17:55
Frogger in arcade.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Alley_Hater
  • Total Posts : 340
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 13, 2004 05:48
some Liu Kang game on the NES
Games I want: Starcraft: Ghost (went to gamestop and saw it on the shelf labeled " coming soon, reserve your copy today"
Halo 2

PS2Poodoo
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 13, 2004 05:59
I can' t even remember the name now, but it was on the Atari 2600. You were like a little square travelling thru puzzles to find keys and slay what looked like dragons(made of squares )

Joe Redifer
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 13, 2004 09:41
I remember that game!!!!!!!!! It was incredibly easy. I don' t remember what it was called either, but I do remember playing it a lot back in the day. Does anyone remember the name of tis Atari 2600 game?

Zotty
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 13, 2004 11:19
I dont remember that game to be honest but is it this one? http://www.atariguide.com/0/068.htm
Miauw..iauw...miauw?

PS2Poodoo
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 13, 2004 17:38

ORIGINAL: Zotty

I dont remember that game to be honest but is it this one? http://www.atariguide.com/0/068.htm

lmao that is it, i can' t believe you found it not even knowing what the game was

Superman was also a fun one on the ol' atari

Zotty
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 13, 2004 18:02
Lol yeah I dont know I just looked at Google and searched for Atari games with dragons When I saw the screenshot I was almost certain that it was this game seeing the cool looking squars
Miauw..iauw...miauw?

Ice Queen
  • Total Posts : 27
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 16, 2004 16:43
MJ Moonwalker on the master system was my first game. Rescuing little children from carboots with MJ seemed so much more innocent back then :P

RavenShadow
  • Total Posts : 680
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 16, 2004 17:08
Woah that atari game is super old school.
Unfortunately I missed out on the whole Atari scene and only started playing with the nintendo.
(Except for my original pong game - that was badass)

tworaw
  • Total Posts : 20
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 16, 2004 22:26
I can remember my first console which was Sega Genesis and I think it was 1992 I was 4 years old and my favorite game was Mortal Kombat and some X-men game. and then about 2 yearts later duke nukem came and there wass doom, man i wish those happy gameing days were still here I was just a young innocent child exploring the never stoping boundaries of video games. o yea and there was the first mech warrior when i was either 4 or 6 years old which was " 3-D" but that was along time ago when 3-D ment these lines connecting to eachother that were either green,red, or blue now that I think about it those graphics are hilarious.

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 17, 2004 18:59
The first console game I remember playing was the famous Atari 2600 cartridge known as Combat.

I stood out in sub-zero temperatures for 3 weekends in a row selling newspapers to get the $140+ for my Atari game console, but did not have enough for any additional games. The system came with the Combat cartridge which had somewhere near 60 games!

My memories of this first console game will [hopefully] never fade.

My kids have been introduced to videogaming by yours truly, and it is my hope that they will pass it on their kids. Videogaming has brought my family closer together, as I hope it has for many others out there.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 8/17/2004 7:01:04 PM >
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

vanswa garbutt
  • Total Posts : 412
  • Reward points : 19020
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 26, 2004 23:10
the first game i remeber playing was pacman. too me it was the best game out there.Because i was young and didnt care about gameplay or sound. i was just happy to play the game.
< Message edited by vanswa garbutt -- 8/26/2004 11:11:17 PM >

Bling
  • Total Posts : 67
RE: First game you remember playing? - Aug 26, 2004 23:55
The first mario bors game and the duck shootin game

I remember cheatin on that game lol,touchin the screen with the gun

Starman Anthony
  • Total Posts : 563
RE: First game you remember playing? - Sep 02, 2004 17:20
Hmm It is Super Mario bros. for the Nintendo. I remb playing that and how mad I would get. I would throw the controller at the TV or floor. Stupid Goombas. I remb my Mom hooking it up for me on my TV. I t was funny cause we really didnt know how to hook it up and I was like 5 or 6. Such good memories. I still hate those Goombas though.

vanswa garbutt
RE: First game you remember playing? - Sep 02, 2004 17:44
i remeber pacman

Starman Anthony
RE: First game you remember playing? - Sep 03, 2004 00:28
Oh my goodness now that you mention Pac Man I think that' s the first I ever played. I remb every morning my mom would go to Duncan Dohnuts. Then Drop me off at the babysitters then she woul;d go to work. I remb at Duncan Dohnuts I would play Pac Man eat my dohnut and my milk and try to play. My mom would laugh at me cause I guess I was cute and trying to play Pac Man. heh so hands down Pac Man was my first game I played.

vanswa garbutt
RE: First game you remember playing? - Sep 03, 2004 00:30
cool hey old r u?

Starman Anthony
RE: First game you remember playing? - Sep 03, 2004 00:45
Me? I am 20 I just turned 20 in August.

vanswa garbutt
RE: First game you remember playing? - Sep 03, 2004 00:54
o am 12!

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: First game you remember playing? - Sep 03, 2004 01:01

Ok, i remember playing a " video game" that was pong, it wasn' t a cartridge or anything for another system, it was a machine that you hooked up to a TV and all you could play was a primitive form of pong. there was one player and two player (vs) and that was it. We loved it when dad would hook that thing up to the TV.

Same here. Except replace dad with brother and sister. You' re talking about the machine with the knobs that you twist ?

I think out of the first few games I ever played back in the early 80s the one that had the greatest impact on me was the original Donkey Kong arcade game. I was SOOOOO hooked.

I hated Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man back then, lol. I didn' t develop an appreciation for them until much later on. But during the early goings it was all Donkey Kong for me.

City Hunter
  • Total Posts : 40
RE: First game you remember playing? - Sep 03, 2004 14:38
Maybe Super Mario Bros on NES.

In the arcade, I don' t remember.

FlamingCherub
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: First game you remember playing? - Sep 03, 2004 19:58
I think it was Combat,PacMan, or Asteroids on the Atari 2600.
The first Video Game I ever saw that got me into them was Pong,lol.
My brother-in-law had that, and when my sister saw how I reacted to seeing it, she got me a 2600 later on.
I' ll start tomorrow, starting tomorrow.

Reznor
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: First game you remember playing? - Sep 04, 2004 02:06
I think it was Gun Smoke on the NES or Super Mario Bros on the NES.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 42