Driver on Wii?

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
  • Reward points : 0
Driver on Wii? - Jan 20, 2007 01:40

According to the Entertainment Software Rating Board, developer Ubisoft is set to bring its open-world car game, Driver: Parallel Lines, to Wii. The game recently popped up on the ESRB' s official website, an unofficial, but reliable confirmation that it' s coming.

Source: IGN

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Driver on Wii? - Jan 20, 2007 05:50
I' ve never been very interested in the Driver games. Are they good?

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Driver on Wii? - Jan 20, 2007 06:10
Personally I think the series is overrated.

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Driver on Wii? - Jan 20, 2007 18:00
I hoped the " Driver" series would be good, as I am an avid car/racing fan, regardless of what form/context it is in. Regardless, I found the games to be lacking in many areas and subpar on a whole.

Driver 3, or " Driv3r" as it was titled was particularely poor. It had good idea' s, and interesting themes, but was poorly executed, and left me with the feeling like I was playing a testers version of a game, rather than a fully fleshed and debugged version of a game.

For instance, on the ps2 version, while in a high speed get-away, cop cars would literally spawn in front of you in the air, and proceed to fall directly in the path of your car. This didn' t happen from time to time either, it happened throughout the game. Not only this, but cops had ridiculous AI, and despite the promise of " intelligent" get-aways, you could pull of the most cunning of maneuvers, and still be found by a cop that had yet to spawn in the game.

I played the games about 75% of the way through in each, getting agravated and selling/returning them before I ever completed them. Like I said, good concepts, lacking execution. Lets hope they do this game properly, because it could be a very good game if it is, otherwise it will just be another game I rent from the local video store and take back with a sour taste in my mouth.