XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania!

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 16, 2007 10:47
Today while watching Attack of the Show, they announced that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL Arcade.

While this is a great game, there was something even more interesting about the info. The game will be the first Arcade title too big for a memory card.

Im excited by this, could games like the Quake series or AOEII not be far off? We' ve seen demos on Live be greater than 1GB, so its not like it would be all that unreasonable. I for one would love a Quake pack or AOEII plus its expansions to be released on LIVE.

1UPs Story
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 17 Jan 07 22:11:49 >
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 16, 2007 17:08
I want Quake 3!!!

fernandino
  • Total Posts : 661
  • Reward points : 0
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 16, 2007 18:00
about damn time.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 17, 2007 07:22

I want Quake 3!!

Yes!! im actually exited about a few XBL arcade games, i might actually have to start buying them if they put quake 3 on it

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 17, 2007 07:30
If they do a quake 3 port like they did for Dreamcast I would most definitely buy it.
Quake III on DC ran smooth, had 4 player split screen, bots, online play, and mouse and keyboard support. It also had some awesome new levels the PC version didn' t have. It is possibly the best done port ever.

If they do it on 360 they better have 4 player split screen with 16 player online play and the ability to have up to 4 players per xbox 360 online, LAN play, and bots.

But I' d much rather see StarCraft with the Brood War expansion pack on XBL arcade. With 4 player split screen, online play and the map editor. I' d play it nonstop.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 17, 2007 08:01
How on Earth could you possibly play Starcraft properly with 4 player split screen? Unless you had a massive TV, it' d be too small to be playable. Lack of mouse and keyboard would also make things rather difficult unless they re-engineered the whole interface, which would probably take away from the experience.

One game that I think would be quite good to have on Live Arcade would be Diablo. It was already on the Playstation beforehand so a port to Live wouldn' t be too complicated. Add in a Live play similar to Battle.net and it would kick too much ass.
< Message edited by Unluckyone -- 17 Jan 07 0:03:08 >

fernandino
  • Total Posts : 661
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 17, 2007 08:29

ORIGINAL: UnluckyOne

How on Earth could you possibly play Starcraft properly with 4 player split screen?

cant be done, besides theres no reason to put that on XBL since the game is perfect as it is on the PC

I would really like to see Radiant Silvergun on BXL or PSN
< Message edited by fernandino -- 17 Jan 07 0:30:28 >

locopuyo
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 17, 2007 08:37
They made starcraft for n64, it had 2 player split screen. It did suck though because it was choppy as hell. But they could make the interface pretty good.

StarCraft on PC is 640x480 resolution. At 720P you would each have 640x360 resolution screens. That isn' t bad at all. If they made it 1080P you would each get 960x540 screens.
Currently playing SC online sucks for most people. It was made before people had NAT firewalls and they cause problems with the game. A lot of people can' t even play it online anymore. I would if I could.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 17, 2007 10:15

Currently playing SC online sucks for most people. It was made before people had NAT firewalls and they cause problems with the game. A lot of people can' t even play it online anymore. I would if I could.

DMZ is your friend.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 18, 2007 08:59
I' d buy Castlevania! it' d be the first XBLA game I would buy actually. How much though if Doom was like 8 quid!?

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 18, 2007 12:36

If they do a quake 3 port like they did for Dreamcast I would most definitely buy it.
Quake III on DC ran smooth, had 4 player split screen, bots, online play, and mouse and keyboard support. It also had some awesome new levels the PC version didn' t have. It is possibly the best done port ever.
Glad I' m not the only one that drools over this game. Was it mentioned that it ran fast paced deathmatches over a 56k stankyweb perhipheral?

locopuyo
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 18, 2007 17:28
yeah Q3 rocked, you could even play against people on the PC version.

The UT port was bad in comparison. The framerate was really bad (which made it excessively hard to aim) and you couldn' t even do all of the gametypes such as assault. It wasn' t as bad as the PS2 port though. Which somehow managed to have an even worse frame rate...

the_shadowwolf
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 17635
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 23, 2007 03:25

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Today while watching Attack of the Show, they announced that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL Arcade.

It seems most of us watch G4.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: XBL Rules Broken for Arcade Games! Castlevania! - Jan 23, 2007 09:45

It seems most of us watch G4.

I hate it, I only watch it when Im completely bored.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.