Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lost Planet impressions
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 57 of 57
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 15, 2007 03:07

Say what you like about Mario but one bad word about Yoshi again and I kill you!

I like Yoshi, and tbh, I used to like Mario (all his whoring out lately has put me off a bit).

Bioware is not developing Fallout 3, nor have they ever developed any Fallout game

I stand corrected, thanks
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 15, 2007 04:49

Anyway, do you guys know anything about this??? this website claims Lost Planet has sold over 1 million: http://www.xbox360only.nl/nieuwsitem.php?nid=3848
immortaldanmx

RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 15, 2007 06:29

Anyway, do you guys know anything about this??? this website claims Lost Planet has sold over 1 million: http://www.xbox360only.nl/nieuwsitem.php?nid=3848

I certainly hope not.

BTW, what country is .nl?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 15, 2007 06:40

Bioware is not developing Fallout 3, nor have they ever developed any Fallout game (to my knowledge);

No but Bioware was working closely with Black Isle (where most of the former members are either at Obsidian or the newly closed Troika Studios)
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 15, 2007 07:23

BTW, what country is .nl?

Netherlands?
immortaldanmx

RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 15, 2007 07:34

Netherlands?

I feel dumb....
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 15, 2007 10:03
nah fuck it, im buying it tomorrow
blazian4life

• Total Posts : 9
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 15, 2007 22:01
I just got lost planet the collectors addition on Friday and I wasn' t able to stop playing it for 7 hours straight I' m on the 11th mission now I got so intrested in the story line that I couldn' t stop playing!.

I must say that this game looks good on my SDTV and it also plays very well, the only problem is that when there is too much smoke you can' t see where you are and it get' s annoying sometimes, other than that it' s a great game in my eyes. I wish I had live though so that I could play online
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 15, 2007 23:49

it tells an ever-more-confusing story of humans returning for a second attempt to recolonize a snowy, giant-bug-infested planet, and along the way you' ll discover that the humans are just as malevolent as the bugs. It could and should have been handled better.

Kikizo

The cutscenes that kick off each level make sense for the first portion of the game and then quickly take a nose dive into the realm of many Japanese games where you' ll begin to question whether it is your fault or if the game really doesn' t make a lick of sense. It' s not you this time. The twisting plot won' t win any awards here.

IGN

So Wayne sets out to hunt the Green Eye and avenge his father' s death. The story gets more convoluted and weird from there, as oddball characters are introduced and abruptly go away and nonsensical plot twists get the story all tangled up. There are some lengthy cutscenes between each mission, but they aren' t the least bit compelling; you can easily skip every one without missing much.

The weak characters and confounding plot don' t derail the game, though, because like those of most action movies, the story in Lost Planet is completely disposable.

Gamespot

The story, too, is a bit of a let-down. Before you know it, people supposedly on your side are betraying you and the plot starts shooting off in a different direction to the point where you start to care less and less why you' re facing off against so and so. Normally Capcom stories are reliably unhinged, and filled with pantomime villains, but Lost Planet' s just feels a bit like it has been held back by the gameplay as much as anything. Giving the player little more to do than ' shoot stuff' level after linear level makes any attempt at creating a narrative feel rather tacked-on.

Eurogamer

...and most importantly...

The story is bad and it only gets worse.

Majikdra6on
blazian4life

• Total Posts : 9
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 16, 2007 00:21
wow I never thought that so many reviews said the story line was bad oh well that their opinion.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 16, 2007 01:06
I was wowed by this one. Read some reviews but they said that the controls were difficult, storyline sucked and multiplayer had lag issues. Still It seems like a great game.
choupolo

RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 18, 2007 09:24
Yay finally got it! Heh, seems like everyone elses finished it though!

Not played much but the voice acting and story are bad so far! Favourite bit of a review I' ve read:

The hero definitely needs a mention. First off, why did Capcom think calling the lead character Wayne was a good idea? Is it some kind of homage to English footballing starlet Wayne Rooney? Quite probably. Whatever the reason, Wayne, who looks a little bit like an Eskimo, doesn’t really suit his name and I found myself wondering if there really are any Eskimos called Wayne.

Roooneeey! Enjoying the game so far though...

Their conclusion :

Stamping on a cockroach is great, stamp on a million and you get a sore foot – that just about sums up Lost Planet.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 18 Jan 07 1:28:22 >
Nitro

RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 18, 2007 19:31
It reminds me of Smilebits GUNVALKYRIE which was an awesome game. I still don' t like the story, i think it was poorly executed. It' s definitely more fun than Gears though, it' s just a shame it isn' t longer.

Anyway, we need more screenshots...

...what i think the game could have done with is cool death sequences like those in RE4...

< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 18 Jan 07 14:18:24 >
choupolo

RE: Lost Planet impressions - Jan 24, 2007 11:45
Yay, completed it finally. LP is awesome!

I thought the overall premise of the story had potential, but the bad acting, cheesy characters and complete lack of pace killed it. They needed to introduce the characters properly, and allow us at least get a good look at some of the main plot locations eg. the Frontier Energy Release machine thingy, and maybe be allowed to feel a little sorry for the Akrid who were just about to be wiped off their home planet! The only motivation for Wayne was revenge for his father, which was a bit lame too.

And I dunno who designed the controls, but they need to be shot.

But even after all that, the game was just so much fun, and everything looked and sounded fantastic. Best parts were some of the bosses. A couple were absolutely epic battles! And the design of the mechs was so cool. Favourite being Wayne' s dad' s VS, just for it' s agility, and where it came into the plot-line.

Funniest cutscene: when Bandero asks the main character what his name is. He answers with so much enthusiasm and conviction, " Wayne!!" , and it' s just followed by a hilariously long silence from all the other characters. (Sorry to anyone named Wayne who might be reading!)

Anyway, LPs probably one of the few 360 games I' ve kept in my collection so far, the others being Gears and Pro Evo! (Sold GRAW and PGR3 the other day)
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Feb 01, 2007 08:39
I got the game for free after trading in some games at EB Games, and right now I really don' t know what to think.

First complaint would be that it took quite a few tries to set the crossair sensitivity to my liking, as well as when I play it, it just doesn' t draw me into the game like other FPS type games. Again, I don' t know what it is.

Graphically it looks pretty, I guess that' s a plus, but I care more for gameplay and story than the graphics.

Can somebody here help me figure out why I don' t really like or dislike this game?

Nitro

RE: Lost Planet impressions - Feb 01, 2007 09:52

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

Can somebody here help me figure out why I don' t really like or dislike this game?

How far in are you?

Get past the first few levels and BOOM, it shifts into top gear.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Lost Planet impressions - Feb 02, 2007 10:02
How did I know you (Nitro) would give me my answer.

I mean that in a good way, trust me.

I guess I probably spoke to soon as I' m only just passed the 4th level.
But if your telling me that after a bit the game cranks up, then I' m going to take your word for it.

Got to admit though, when I battled one of the frekin gigantic Akrid, GOD did I ever get a real good sense of how big the Akrid was. Actually even let myself get swallowed by him to see how it would look.

Anyway, thanks Nitro.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 57 of 57

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread