Dreamfall Trial

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Dreamfall Trial - Jan 04, 2007 19:38
Its not a demo but a trial, first to chapters are playable and then you can unlock the rest by playing, i recommend people to try it!

Great game

Dead Saint
  • Total Posts : 205
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Dreamfall Trial - Jan 05, 2007 02:46
very good[so the first] cant wait to finish the story

Vx Chemical
RE: Dreamfall Trial - Jan 05, 2007 02:48
Dead you play The Longest Journey, the orginal game from 1999?

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Dreamfall Trial - Jan 05, 2007 03:15
Excellent, I want to get this game and now my chance to play it at least.

edit:

Whoa! 3.5gb?, I would be better off buying it.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 4 Jan 07 19:30:18 >
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Dreamfall Trial - Jan 05, 2007 03:42
I bought the game after Quez was going on about it having a great storyline etc. But tbh I could never get into it!

Maybe the first few levels are a bit slow, or maybe it just didn' t suit my tastes. It all just seemed rather simple, with very little actual playable gameplay - just forced to have to go through lots of fairly uninteresting dialogue and walk up and down to chase objectives.

People seem to merit the game for its ' natural dialogue and voice acting' too, but to me it seemed a bit wooden.

Perhaps it gets better after the first few levels once there are a few more meaningful characters introduced, and the conspiracy theory gets a bit deeper. But I' ll never know ' cause I ended up selling it!

Vx Chemical
RE: Dreamfall Trial - Jan 05, 2007 15:50
yeah the game might not be for everyone Choupolo, i guess its aimed at people liking a great story, and its also a benefit to have played the first game to get everything out of it.

The gameplay is rusty, and the combat is bad, but overall its a really good interactive story telling!

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: Dreamfall Trial - Jan 06, 2007 02:30
Ideally I would' ve given the game' s story more of a chance. But with the last game called The ' Longest' Journey, I didn' t want this one to take too long to get anywhere!

I do love a good story though. I feel story + characters should be just as integral as gameplay, which is why I was excited about Dreamfall. In fact my major bugbear these days is that devs don' t respect storytelling in game production as much as graphics and gameplay. Take Gears for example, quite frankly the story sucked and could have been much more advanced than it was. Instead they merely used the story as a backdrop for the explosions, action and buzzsaws (which were cool too I guess!).

There were some interesting looking characters on the back of the box for Dreamfall though, who you swap perspectives with at certain points in the game right? If I had more patience I would' ve got there I guess. But in the end the lack of progression (and gamplay) brought the experience down for me.

Vx Chemical
RE: Dreamfall Trial - Jan 06, 2007 17:16
Well it isnt the loongest journey in the sesnse of time as it only takes 8 hours to complete or so :P