(I WAS) Getting My PSP Today!!!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
(I WAS) Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 03, 2007 03:44
I' m leaving for Gamestop in an hour. But I need suggestions, right now I' ve only got enough for one game, & I' m debating between Daxter and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. The choice is killing me! Help!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 4 Jan 07 0:02:06 >

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 03, 2007 05:31
Eddie that isn' t a choice, if you enjoy Mgs, Then get it without a second thought.

But thats just me. It has online play too.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

fernandino
  • Total Posts : 661
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 03, 2007 06:30
damn, hard to say, MGSPOps its awesome but u should find daxter in a budjet price... i would say buy MGS Portable Ops if u are in a hurry fora deep game and once u are done buy Daxter.

Or u can buy Syphon Filter Dark Mirror and Daxter almost for the same price, but be sure u dont miss Portable Ops

f3hunter
  • Total Posts : 821
RE: Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 03, 2007 06:41
And selling it tomorow!

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 03, 2007 09:50
Ughhh... I got caught up in cataloguing old PCs (don' t ask), & it was a job that had to be done tonight, and EB/Gamestop are both closed by now, so I' m waiting until tomorrow I guess.

Eddie that isn' t a choice, if you enjoy Mgs, Then get it without a second thought.
So it survived the trip to the PSP? Excellent, I' ve got a serious MGS jones, so hopefully the multi will kill some time.

fernandino
  • Total Posts : 661
RE: Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 03, 2007 10:09

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated
So it survived the trip to the PSP? Excellent, I' ve got a serious MGS jones, so hopefully the multi will kill some time.

The camera kind of sucks but u have the noise radar for that, besides that the game its awesome, the artwork its also somehow weird but cool non the less

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 03, 2007 10:54

Oh, I dont have psp. But I will soon. Hopefully.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 03, 2007 19:09
i have MGSops, but i stil can' t find time to play it, i play other games, hopefuly i' ll start playing it next week, and i hope it' s " awesome" as some people say.

right now, i can emulate offcialy the psone games, and it' s freaking awesome, thoug i played most of AAA titles in psone, i still missed some few, and this is my opportunity, so im playing xenogears right now, for those who didn' t enjoy playstation one back in the day, PSP became the best handheld ever.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 03, 2007 22:21

right now, i can emulate offcialy the psone games, and it' s freaking awesome, thoug i played most of AAA titles in psone, i still missed some few, and this is my opportunity, so im playing xenogears right now, for those who didn' t enjoy playstation one back in the day, PSP became the best handheld ever.
Oh good to hear someone actually has tried it.

I have one important question that I' ve had ever since I first heard about the PS1 emulation.
Can you read the text in the games?
I mean, in some of the PS1 games the text was really small. So on the PSP screen it should be so small that reading it might become a problem.
Other than that, does it work good? Any problems? What games are available and how do you get them on the PSP. What' s the price?
I missed LOTS of PS1 games so this will be my chance to play them
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Jan 07 14:21:43 >

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 03, 2007 22:52

I mean, in some of the PS1 games the text was really small. So on the PSP screen it should be so small that reading it might become a problem.
None of my favorite PS1 games require reading anyway, so that' s not a huge problem to me.

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 04, 2007 05:21
So what did you go for in the end? I remember when I first got my sleek shiny black beast.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 04, 2007 07:27
if you missed a lot of psone games, go for a psp with eyes closed , this will be the best thing you' ll do, i' m playing xenogears and vagrant story , absolutly no problem AT ALL + and i tried crash, alundra , castlevania symphony of the night all of them played perfectly ... i do think though that some games might get tricky with the absense of a dual analog and l2 r2 buttons (you can get around this one somewhat easily) , a part from this it' s excellent, almost all rpgs don' t require dual analog so rest assured... so far only NTSC games get emulated perfectly , but some programs out there already convert pal to ntsc so after all it' s not a problem.

VERY VERY IMPORTANT, MAKE SURE YOUR PSP has a FORMWARE 2.80 OR LOWER so you can play homebrews and your PSONE GAMES WITHOUT THE NEED OF A PS3!!

if you decide though to buy a psp with a firmware higher than 2.80, you should wait for a downgrade or wait for sony to allow the option to download psone games without the use of ps3... good luck friend

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: (I WAS) Getting My PSP Today!!! - Jan 04, 2007 08:24
GAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Stupid friggin game stores. I visit my first EB Games, & they' ve got no pre-owned PSP' s. I honestly don' t want to drop $200 for a portable, so I hit another. Well, first there' s something you should know about where I live. There is a Gamestop in the mall...
There is ANOTHER Gamestop kitty-corner to the mall...
There is an EB Games across the street from the far end of the mall...
And one in the town 10 minutes away...
And used electronics stores in the mall...

No I' m not kidding.

And NONE of them had a used PSP. They all had F****** PS3s. All of them!!! But not one had a pre-owned PSP. Needless to say, I' m a little ticked. I' ll call some others tomorrow, but I figured that that would be an easy item to find. It' s not like you hear about parents clamoring to get their kids a PSP for christmas.

Yeah... so... I' ll be calling around, seeing what I can find, because this has me a mite ticked.